~The Billet BoX~

Status
Not open for further replies.

nailPuppy

Jan 2, 2012
Utah, USA
Electronic Stix has the black 750 AW 16340s but for some reason they don't carry them in their brick & mortar store. I sent them an email to see if they'll bring some into the store for local pickup, would rather not pay shipping and tax.

Looking forward to those brass rings becoming available. I take out my tank and wipe it down every time I fill it up, about once a day and that seems to prevent the liquid forming on the back of the tank. At least it is mostly just moisture from vapor accumulation around the ring and capillary effect, not actually juice from inside the tank. It doesn't seem as scented/colored like juice or quite as greasy/sticky. The only time my rubber ball hasn't gotten a good seal is with my delrin tank, it had just the tiniest razor thin gap where you could still see inside. When you fill if you just give the ball a few good pokes with the tip of the syringe it seems to make a good seal.

Other than those two minor things it has been going strong for almost three months now of daily use. I kinda feel bad for my provari/phiniac setup, it just sits there collecting dust now and hasn't even gone through a full tank of juice in three months. I should sell it.. maybe after I buy a brass BB :D

Vapian

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 16, 2011
Lexington, KY
I will keep reading but, what type of protection circuitry is in place?

Check out the last rev of The Billet Box FAQ. It should tell you what you want to know.
It's a little bit out of date, but almost everything in there is still relevant. Will get around to updating it again one of these days. . . .

gtianz

ECF Veteran
Check out the last rev of The Billet Box FAQ. It should tell you what you want to know.
It's a little bit out of date, but almost everything in there is still relevant. Will get around to updating it again one of these days. . . .

Thank you very much for providing the link. I also found this on page 5 or so in this thread.

"1. Does the design account for venting if the batteries should out-gas or (heaven forbid) explode?

YES, and well. The Billet box is not air tight, even if the air intake vents on the side are covered with your finger you will still get air flow throughout the entire lid area. If a battery ever did gas out it would exit from the air intake vents. If a battery ever exploded it would first have swollen and would crease the lids bottom to create an exit for the force, not even including the vents. Though i do not recommend the following as you will get juice in the inside of you billet box (not much, so go for it), you can blow on the drip tip while firing the unit and with the vents closed with your finger to see the areas that vent. You would notice one right under the batteries.

2. Does the electrical design provide any safety features such as over/under voltage, reverse polarity, over current protection, etc.?

Yes. The Voltage regulator is overkill for for the amount of voltage it can handle. It will handle up to 12 volts input, but will never get it. It is reverse polarity protected, it will simply not operate or do anything at all with the batteries inserted in reverse. Over current is at 3 amps."

Triking

Aug 27, 2013
France

V4Vendetta

Micro Coil Lover
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2013
SIN/BKK/SFO
Hello from Moscow!
Just grab one! Piebald!
But I'm not sure I'll get it, as it is the second. First (Regular BB) I bought in early October.

Regards batteries
What do you think about this:
AW Protected LiCo Cell R123A ? (750 mAh)

I did the same thing as you before (ordering before realizing the 8 weeks rule) and my order was canceled. I didn't get email notification about cancellation but few days later I logged into to BB website and my order showed canceled so don't be too excited. I am patiently waiting for Dec so I can try to get a second one.

I use the battery you are inquiring about. I have 4 of them and rotate them. It's also the battery recommended by BB.

Lastluxury

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 26, 2012
Moscow, Russia
Thank you V4Vendetta

Yes, my order is cancelled right now...
I'm not a flipper, Just want the newer Piebald Billet Box to my vaping collection...

but Rules are Rulez! :)

And Yes, I have 6 of that R123A in my regular BB - it's Ok.

By the way
This Is LiCo and I had no problems with their shipping by air service unlike Li-Ion batteries.

P.S.
sorry 4 my bad English.

rcoute

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2012
Canada Quebec
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread