Not open for further replies.

DPLongo22

"Vert De Ferk"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
LOL! Lower ohms requires less voltage to obtain a similar vape because there's less resistance. The formulas are little more than I can provide right now (working) but others might well chime in while I'm absent. I've always found that I don't lower my voltage enough to equal everything out, so I end up burning more batteries. Manageable, but more.

There are those who will explain that there should be no difference, at certain settings. This is true, but it never holds true for me. I burn more battery with lower resistance toppers. Of THIS I am CERTAIN. I've measured it enough times to know.

That doesn't necessarily mean that YOU will too, but I appear to be in the majority there, not the minority.

Now, some of the scientific ones here might well argue everything I just typed above. It won't change what I know about ME.

DPLongo22

"Vert De Ferk"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Sorry, yes. I said I was distracted.

And the math CAN equal out, so you DON'T burn batteries faster, I just can't seem to make that happen (which was the point of my point).

Thank you, Snake. Take it from here, would ya? I've got crazies to attend to.

OTHER crazies, that is. ;-)

UA72Riddle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2010
Griffin, GA
Thanks snake and DP...The higher the resistance the faster the coil heats up...

That was my understanding also, what I've learned from using NR wire on certain builds I have. I was just looking for some intellectual back up from those more experienced with higher ohm vaping, something I have never been in to in the 4 years I've been vaping.

UA72Riddle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2010
Griffin, GA
Sorry, yes. I said I was distracted.

And the math CAN equal out, so you DON'T burn batteries faster, I just can't seem to make that happen (which was the point of my point).

Thank you, Snake. Take it from here, would ya? I've got crazies to attend to.

OTHER crazies, that is. ;-)
Sounds like my daily life...I'm a night shift GF on a new construction nuclear power plant...

I swear I have never acted like the people that work for me...not enough alcohol in this county...I don't think...[emoji57]

aleks1502

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 13, 2011
Russia Ekaterinburg
For me, I prefer the higher ohm cartos not only because of less frequent battery changing, but also because they put less stress on my batteries. I buy better batteries that cost a little more, and want them to last a good long time. :)

Does this mean that the low ohm when used on BB will give a burnt taste?

UA72Riddle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2010
Griffin, GA
I think on the Billet Box can be adjusted to any voltage at any of the coil?
This is just me...but...

I started out with using a 2 ohm ARO head in the sabot-ddd, and had the voltage turned all the way up. It wasn't working for me. The Vape was too weak. I rebuilt the coil head to a lower ohm and have the BB set at 4.5V. I've been ok with this so far...but still isn't quite right for ME.

I've been vaping a dual coil dripper coming in at around .8 ohms...so that is a type of vape unachievable in the BB...

BlueSnake

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 8, 2012
Columbia, SC
The BB was designed to use coils in the 3ohm range for optimum performance. That doesn't mean that lower ohm coils can't be used. It just means that for best performance and battery life the closer you can get to 3 ohms the better it is designed to perform.

I've been using the 2.1ohm BVC coils and I think they perform very well. I haven't used the lower ohms because I don't have any reason to and I don't want to stress the batteries or change them more often.

aleks1502

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 13, 2011
Russia Ekaterinburg
This is just me...but...

I started out with using a 2 ohm ARO head in the sabot-ddd, and had the voltage turned all the way up. It wasn't working for me. The Vape was too weak. I rebuilt the coil head to a lower ohm and have the BB set at 4.5V. I've been ok with this so far...but still isn't quite right for ME.

I've been vaping a dual coil dripper coming in at around .8 ohms...so that is a type of vape unachievable in the BB...
I always liked to 1,6 ohm at 0,8 ohm I felt burnt taste

BlueSnake

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 8, 2012
Columbia, SC
This is just me...but...

If the only vape that satisfies you is .8ohms then the BB is not for you. It was never designed for that kind of vaping.

2423kids

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2012
VA and FL
The BB was designed to use coils in the 3ohm range for optimum performance. That doesn't mean that lower ohm coils can't be used. It just means that for best performance and battery life the closer you can get to 3 ohms the better it is designed to perform.

I've been using the 2.1ohm BVC coils and I think they perform very well. I haven't used the lower ohms because I don't have any reason to and I don't want to stress the batteries or change them more often.

Big ol' .......

B2B66B88-3C53-47D9-B4DB-8DC9204A1F1B-1781-00000149D938BA7F_zps196da2b0.jpg

Snake Man! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread