Not open for further replies.

Brutus Buckeye

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2010
Body in Knoxville, TN
www.facebook.com
Sahil, I'm only half way through the video, but wanted to go ahead and say I now officially have a man crush on you my friend. Seriously, you should be a reviewer, I love it. Now back to the video...

And Krusin, that is a bad ... pic, I have a couple of 357s laying around, may have to give that a try as well if you can find a way to make them work.

sahilm

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2010
New Delhi India
Sahilm wonderful video! You did an excellent job! The only thing I wish is that you'd have fired that baby up and showed us the dragon smoke plumes I'm sure it makes :)

Dear Darkmoondreamer , i did at 11.40 mts :)
btw it truly is a smoke machine ...

best wishes
Sahil .

Last edited:

tigerlily

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 6, 2010
Oklahoma
Dear @2423 and Brutus my friend ... OK OK OK .. ill do one , but please remember i am no reviewer .. but ill try my best to please you 2 :) .
Best wishes
Sahil .

After watching this video, I'm kicking myself for not getting in on the preorders. I knew I would, but the funds just weren't there. I will definitely be picking one of these up once orders are being taken!

sahilm

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2010
New Delhi India
6e8dc6212d7ae17b83bcc9c8a270ec68.jpg

I was having problems with a lack of flavor with the Boge SR cartos, so I brutalized a spare HH357 with a nail and some sandpaper and stuffed it into the tank. It's working very well right now, no leaks yet but it's only been 30 minutes or so.
I have to keep the voltage to a minimum as the HH is only 1.5 ohms, but no burnt hits or the dreaded pop yet.

EDIT: The HH started leaking fairly badly after about 3 hours so I went back to the Boge. When I get another HH I will try different hole placement, I'll update here with what I find.

Dear Krusin , great idea , but i am a bit confused , how does a atomizer work in a tank , i have many 510 atties and could dremil my 3 mil tanks and make them a bit smaller to be the size of a 510 , or even buy a hh57 for my other tanks that i use at home , but how does the concept work , wont the atty get flooded by the liquid around it and then leak out of the center hole !!
Im just confused .
hope someone will chime in .
best wishes
Sahil .

Krusin_

Verified Member
Nov 19, 2012
White Rock, BC, Canada
I was hoping that if I punched the holes right at the filler material it would keep flooding to a minimum, like the regular prepunched cartos. There is a lot less filling in an hh357 though...it worked for a while, then the flood gates opened. I have more hh357s on the way, so I will try to find a good spot to punch when they arrive. On another note, I have noticed if I use the red AW 16340 IMR 550mAh batteries the flavor is weak. If I use the black AW 16340 protected 750 mAh the flavor is better, way better.

artbyshan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 6, 2012
Chattanooga, TN
I have just seen this mod recently and was wondering when will it be available again? I really, really, really want one. Of all the mods i've seen since started vaping this is by far the most beautiful mod, and i love that it has such a lot of features i need...

I discovered this too late also. Very interested in buying one.

Doug Dino

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 9, 2009
U-taw
www.billetboxvapor.com
ah Sahilm, You did an outstanding job on the entire video, you're handsome and have a great speaking voice...really precise and pleasant....:)
I agree,,,, I'm pretty straight myself (wife can back me on that one), but I have no problem saying that you buddy, are a handsome guy. When I did my videos I had to type it down first, and keep my eyes on the words (this was to keep me in check, as that was nowhere near close to how i speak in my natural habitat)... You swung it from the hip, far better than I could by miles...

Last edited:

Doug Dino

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 9, 2009
U-taw
www.billetboxvapor.com
Billet Birth,,,

Well I said I would give updates 'bout what I'm getting up to, and show off a bit about what goes into making the Billet Box. If you have been following the thread you will know that I needed to do some retooling for the Pre Orders... This included a few modifications to the CNC machine (spindle, and cooling system), some new work boards (thick cast and precision ground aluminum plates) and a little re-coding to make it all work together.... Done,,, now it's time to cut things!!!

I'll try to keep my camera charged and snap some pics to show some of the steps as we go from phase to phase,,, if your on the pre order list, one of these may be your new friend! If you already have one, this is how it got made.

Here we have some aluminum stock cut to length and then drilled and taped (i have my monkey do this because it's boring),, these holes are to hold the stock down to the worktable while it is being machined.
Bar_zps5bad8743.jpg

The underside of the workboard that holds the stock into place...
Pallet_zps3bc67218.jpg

this is the stock now mounted down tight to the workboard, the whole thing weighs a ton by now.
Secure_zps3b334301.jpg

now we stick it all into Dev, and bolt it to her table. Dev is a high speed gantry mill, she's neat-O...
InDev_zps04074fa2.jpg

She starts out with a big end mill and starts hoggin' out the inner pockets of the Billet Box,
Hogd_zps390a1e20.jpg

then a smaller bit goes to town on that poor slab of aluminum...
LilMore_zps78bf6999.jpg

then an even smaller one.... actually, in this final code, 9 different tools (bits) each take a turn...
LilBitMore_zpsc1574e49.jpg

time to remove the workboard and unbolt our stock,
Unbolt_zpsf3c42c4d.jpg

ZOMG, shiny!!!
Free_zpsbbc8cde0.jpg

Now this is just the first operation for these bodies, the boxes are still attached to each other and the other side still needs machining, but so far, lookin' good...
Fin_1st_op_zpsb2dc5493.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread