The difference between Black and Silver switches on SB?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cddz

Supplier's Manufacturer - Offline
ECF Veteran
May 14, 2009
Newark, Ohio
I'm considering getting a SB, but I was wondering what the differences between the black and silver switches are. Do they feel different, click different, etc. I know it's a small thing, but I like a good "click" sensation when I press the switch. I'm not a big fan of "squishy" buttons. Thanks! :)

The bigest difference is the finish. Activation wise they feel the same. The silver is plated brass, the black is anodized aluminum. I had the click taken out some time ago due to some developing a "double" click.

Flying W

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2011
CFH,Tx.
The bigest difference is the finish. Activation wise they feel the same. The silver is plated brass, the black is anodized aluminum. I had the click taken out some time ago due to some developing a "double" click.
The Bullet houses the best switch on the entire planet... you deserve more credit for that.

El-ahrairah

ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2010
Chesterfield, MI
Well, I went ahead and ordered my SB on Saturday and got it this morning! :D I'm very glad I bought one. While I do wish the switch had a nice click to it, the resistance I feel when I push it feels great. Personally, I don't think the feel of mod switches are given as much attention as they deserve, considering it is the part where "man meets mod" so to speak.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread