The great Clove round up!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bold

Jun 26, 2014
Seattle
I was smoking Djarum Black before I switched. So my jump to vaping was with myfreedomsmokes' version. It's heavier on the tobacco flavor than I'd prefer. Maybe more vanilla than I'd like too. I liked the Blacks for their sweetness, sounds like Ares' version is up my alley. I know the post is an old one but still thanks Dzaw for providing the overviews. I'm exploring other flavors now but I'll probably return to clove at some point, and when I do I'll give the Ares a try.

Cheers,
|. . | .|

PirateHooligan86

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2014
Florida
Thank you an IMMENSE AMOUNT for posting all these for comparison! I, too, was a clove girl in my baby-bat days. I went to Black Devils to get a similar vibe without the spice, but I need that clove cig-type vape so bad. I'm definitely on the right track with your help.

THANKS!:D

I'm in the same boat, that's how I ended up getting into vaping, after the "flavored" cigarette ban. I went to Indonesia about once a year for my job and I would always stock up on cartons of Djarum Blacks while I was there, lmao. They were cheap, but I didn't like the fact that they were about twice as horrible for you straight out of Indonesia, but they were damn delicious I have to say ;). Eventually jumped in to vaping, but still haven't found a clove flavor that brings back that nostalgia.of when I started them in college lol. Great list though, there are some on there that I will definitely have to try. :)

anonymity

Jun 29, 2014
Minnesota
This post has been very helpful. I used to smoke cloves back in high school and absolutely loved the flavor. A few months ago I went looking for a clove vape and ran into MBV's Black Clove and I've been pretty satisfied with it thus far. My first bottle was w/ 1 flavor shot 50/50 6mg and I am now almost finished w/ my 2nd bottle which has 2 flavor shots 50/50 6mg. I already reordered a third bottle that has been sitting for about 2 weeks w/ just 2 shots.
I will have to look around at the flavors listed and see if maybe I am missing out on something but for some reason I feel MBV got this juice right for me and I might be opening the door for disappointment if I go anywhere else.

TheChromeKamuro

Verified Member
Jul 14, 2014
Sturgeon, MO USA
This post has been very helpful. I used to smoke cloves back in high school and absolutely loved the flavor. A few months ago I went looking for a clove vape and ran into MBV's Black Clove and I've been pretty satisfied with it thus far. My first bottle was w/ 1 flavor shot 50/50 6mg and I am now almost finished w/ my 2nd bottle which has 2 flavor shots 50/50 6mg. I already reordered a third bottle that has been sitting for about 2 weeks w/ just 2 shots.
I will have to look around at the flavors listed and see if maybe I am missing out on something but for some reason I feel MBV got this juice right for me and I might be opening the door for disappointment if I go anywhere else.
I found MBVs Black Clove as well, and I need look no further for my beloved Darjum, because I've got it back, thanks to the great folks at Mount Baker. I go 50/50, 6mg and 2 flavor shots, and it's spot on, imho. :)
Great thread if I ever need something for a change, tho.

Dzaw

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2012
New Hampshire
OP here - Recently got to try MBV black clove at a sampling bar.

I found it to be about halfway between ECBlend's Kretek and Revolver's Clive Black.

It's a tasty clove over tobacco. A little simple in overall flavor profile, but the essentials are there. Enough eugenol numbing effect to satisfy, but not spactacular. Overall, for the price, it can't be beat, and will be included in my next order - but if you're really after the best, move on.

Last edited:

anonymity

Jun 29, 2014
Minnesota
OP here - Recently got to try MBV black clove at a sampling bar.

I found it to be about halfway between ECBlend's Kretek and Revolver's Clive Black.

It's a tasty clove over tobacco. A little simple in overall flavor profile, but the essentials are there. Enough eugenol numbing effect to satisfy, but not spactacular. Overall, for the price, it can't be beat, and will be included in my next order - but if you're really after the best, move on.

I am very tempted to do so. When I crack open my last bottle of MBV Black Clove I will probably order a couple 10/15ml bottles and see if I like anything else out there.
There's a vendor in the list above that makes a vanilla clove juice that sounded interesting but I have never heard of them before.
I hate trying new juices!!!!!!

TheChromeKamuro

Verified Member
Jul 14, 2014
Sturgeon, MO USA
This is by far the best clove juice I've tried= kind juice indonesian clove.

Thank you for the juice tip, Never Lift. I went there to peruse the Clove and found Geisha Moon Song! I'm a lover/collector of Geisha, Oiran, and Vintage Kimono culture, so I have to have this. Period. Will be ordering a bottle on 8/31, thanks to you. <3 :)

TheChromeKamuro

Verified Member
Jul 14, 2014
Sturgeon, MO USA
I wish someone could tell me about a juice identical to Djarum Black available in Canada or Toronto... I had my last one 2 weeks ago... smoked for 22 years... mostly cloves.... miss them... stuffing myself now with fruit and desert juices day and night....
Have you tried Mount Baker's Black Clove? For me it's spot-on. My first bottle included no additional flavor shots, with my second bottle I added 2 flavor shots, and with my third bottle I'll try the maximum additional shots just to see how it differs.
For my money, I've yet to find a clove vape that reminds me of Djarum as much as MBVs Black Clove does. It makes me happy and reminds me of my youth. [emoji4]

Happyme2014

ECF Veteran
Sep 9, 2014
Toronto, Canada
Yes. It is absolutely horrible.....IMO, and I'm a Boba's lover.

I absolutely disagree.
I smoked Djarum Blacks... 20 years of my life...a pack a day. After trying an uncountable number of juices, I finally quit.
And I found something to replicate them!
It's Alien Visions Clove one part, mixed with two parts of AV Bee's Knees. Total vape heaven, I found my fake Blacks! So delightful!
But I admit, by itself, their Clove is so strong is hard to enjoy.

anonymity

Jun 29, 2014
Minnesota
I absolutely disagree.
I smoked Djarum Blacks... 20 years of my life...a pack a day. After trying an uncountable number of juices, I finally quit.
And I found something to replicate them!
It's Alien Visions Clove one part, mixed with two parts of AV Bee's Knees. Total vape heaven, I found my fake Blacks! So delightful!
But I admit, by itself, their Clove is so strong is hard to enjoy.

I will definitely keep this in mind if and when I decide to go down this route again.

Happyme2014

ECF Veteran
Sep 9, 2014
Toronto, Canada
Really?!?? I tried Bee's Knees and hated that, too....lol.

Well, you know your cloves, but I must say I'm surprised that combination works for you. Since you're in Toronto as well, could I meet up with you and try it out? :vapor: lol

Haa :)
Believe me, the only reason I quit smoking was because those Blacks were so good, I was going on 2 packs a day, and the only place to buy them , close to me, was Red Smoke on the Danforth... but, at $13.50 a pack I was going broke.....
So the sweetness of honey and the smooth tobacco in the background, mixed with the clove, gives me the best Djarum combo I managed to discover :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread