Status
Not open for further replies.

dspin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2010
USA
I have been looking for a Pipe style mod for quite awhile. My main concern was that it be all mechanical with no wires. I knew someday - someone would come up with one.

They have - The Hammer by Kato - from Korea. 100 percent all mechanical (NO WIRES) - made from 316 SS and Brass.

As soon as I saw it, I knew I had to have it. An absolute beautiful piece of kit, excellent design and machining. Hits well and is quite heavy. I haven't put an rba on it yet that didnt look good.

The engravings are said to be inspired by and represent the Hammerhead Shark. Truly, the engravings are magnificent. From the Hammerhead design, to the 510 connector, base with serial # and the button.

It takes a 18350 battery, which is inserted postive end first (down) It is possible to use a 18490 battery with the extension tube from Kato's Astro. I have not done this as I like it just as it is. To my opinion from seeing pics, I think the extension tube throws the whole look of the mod off a bit.

The connections are all brass, the 510 pin is self adjusting, the battery compartment is insulated. Design of everything is just great.

I couldnt recommend you buy this as an everyday mod to take out and about with you. It's just too heavy for a shirt or pants pocket. IMO - Its best used at home in your chair or to take to someones house to show off. Yes, this is indeed a show off/conversation piece. Pull it out and everyone must see and hold it.

I got mine from Breaktime. I must say dealing with them was great. Fast e-mails, quick answer to all questions, fast shipping with tracking #. I knew they were fast with the shipping, because it was posted elsewhere when they were getting them in. No worries dealing with BTV, I would certainly buy from them again.

Hammer Mod by Kato - Accepting order now!!!!

Price was 240.00 USD Shipped

The long bent Drip tip came from : | Captivape

Hammer & Prometey LE - long tip

010a_zps02d151b1.jpg

Hammer & Iatty

090aa_zps26c72b25.jpg

Hammer & Nahaul

079a_zpsd721da75.jpg

Hammer & Mini DID

086aa_zps4d9e180f.jpg

Hammer & Prometey

059aa_zps897b45d2.jpg

Hammer & DID

075aa_zpsaa6d92f3.jpg

Last edited:

CaptSteve

Airborn ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 20, 2011
41,000ft at M 0.85
Why is it that every time you post pictures I get that must have feeling D? Man you must have been in advertising in a previous life bud. Although I never liked the look of that bulky Hammer (and boy Kato wasn't kidding when he named it that) looking at your pictures has truly changed my mind. It looks BOSS and I fully agree with you that it's a conversation stopper when it enters the room.

Really nice D, although I think you should get that long bent DT highly buff polished to match the polish of the Hammer. I do know someone BTW who can do it for you if you like buddy ;)

toughguitar

ECF Veteran
Jun 11, 2013
Central FL
Great pics, all of those atty's look great. I just received the clone version of the hammer yesterday(couldn't find an original in stock, and had to have one now). Hopefully they will still be in stock when I have the funds(thanks for the link), It is a great device and the way the clone works the original must be incredible. The clone came with two extra sleeves, one for an 18650 battery, and a smaller one the size that would accommodate a kick or maybe a 18500 battery.I think its a great device to carry when going out, perfect size, and enough weight to not fall out of your pocket. I think a Kayfun would look great on it, the AGA-T2 I'm using now doesn't look right.

CaptSteve

Airborn ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 20, 2011
41,000ft at M 0.85
tough I don't blame you because you seem new to the forum and probably don't know dspin too well. He as well as many of us don't like nor support clones. The fact alone that they outright steal the intellectual property of the original designer is morally wrong. It can only hurt the vaping community in the long run because many of these mod designers are small businesses and some Chinese large factory comes and outright steals their design.
In some instances you do have to wait some time to get the specific mod you want but trust me it is worth the wait, you get a quality product which will last you years of hassle free use and you support the modder who designed it. If you go for the cheap knock off your your satisfaction will not be long lived dear friend.

D Stanley Querfurth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 8, 2013
Hannover, Germany
got one a few month ago, but nerver used it until now. i though it would be a nice add to all the SS DT, but i never got used to the bending.
nice shop, i have to take a walk arround and look at all the stuff.
DSC_2169.jpg DSC_2168.jpg

Stan

p.s.: i really enjoyed the old thread- these days there are a lot more ego people arround :-(((

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread