• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

The Korean Hakamizer 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

pocariboy73

Nov 6, 2014
I bought one of these e-cig sets at a local shop the other day for about 90,000 won. It's not a bad little unit, but I find the price of coils to be expensive, in relation to coils found on FT for other brands of e-cigarettes.

Does anyone know of other replacement/substitute coils which can work in these units? I'm not able to make my own coils, so they've got to be something that can be ordered from abroad. Hopefully from FT.

Thank you in advance.

Last edited:

pocariboy73

Nov 6, 2014
Are you sure its authentic? If its a clone your stuck probably buying them from the vendor.

Yeah, it's authentic. Full guarantee and all.

Anyways, like another member suggested I do with my Justfog Booster is to buy a different tank.

So, last night I put in an order from FT for a few (CE4+ Electronic Cigarettes Round Mouth 4 Ropes Atomizer (1.6mL) for a $1.77. They seem super cheap and the coils are only $4 for 5 of them.

However, it's not too late to cancel that order. Do you think it's a big mistake going for those ones I ordered (or possibly not even fit at at all)? This crappy little E-Cig is NOT gonna be used much as even the cell phone charged battery is only 650mah and costed me a ridiculous 60,000 won.

God, if I knew then, what I'm learning now, I'd have never bought the rip-off item.

Thanks Waddle...

Waddle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2014
Korea
Personally I don't trust plastic tanks. They can crack or leech depending on the juice. The CE4 are also top coils I believe. A friend of mine complained that they were causing blisters in his mouth. Probably the vapor was too hot with the coils so close to his mouth. I had the same problem with the CE2s a few years back.

I only do rebuildables now. They require a hefty start up cost but cost pennies to run once you've got all the stuff.

Last edited:

pocariboy73

Nov 6, 2014
The Kanger PT3 mini and full size have been the most popular around here with foreigners. We usually group buy them in bulk with tons of 1.5ohm coils lol

That's a super idea. Unfortunately within my "circle of friends" I'm the only one with an e-cig. I'm trying my best to have them buy one so then I can supply them with e-joice at the half the price. But they are too lazy to deal with an e-cig. Sadly, even at 3000 won per pack of cigarettes It's still cheaper and more convenient for them to smoke, The government SHOULD raise the tax 10x so a pack of smokes costs 10,000 won. Then we'd soon start seeing the e-cig explosion take off in Korea. Much like Canada.

Waddle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2014
Korea
That's a super idea. Unfortunately within my "circle of friends" I'm the only one with an e-cig. I'm trying my best to have them buy one so then I can supply them with e-joice at the half the price. But they are too lazy to deal with an e-cig. Sadly, even at 3000 won per pack of cigarettes It's still cheaper and more convenient for them to smoke, The government SHOULD raise the tax 10x so a pack of smokes costs 10,000 won. Then we'd soon start seeing the e-cig explosion take off in Korea. Much like Canada.

Starting in 2015, South Korea will completely ban smoking in all bars, restaurants and coffee shops regardless of size. Coffee shops which are currently permitted to have smoking rooms must remove them. Offices, factory buildings, shopping malls, hotels, auditoriums, and lobbies must be smoke- free. Fines of 100,000 won on any spotted smoker and up to 5 million won on shop owners not following the law.

From 1 January 2015, tobacco prices will nearly double to 4,500KRW. Prices will rise every year pegged to inflation. Advertising in convenience stores will be banned. Warning photos such as rotten teeth and lungs will be mandatory

I would expect the price of eliquid and paraphernalia to also increase as a result.

I've got a two year supply of nicotine stored in my freezer :)

Last edited:

pocariboy73

Nov 6, 2014
Starting in 2015, South Korea will completely ban smoking in all bars, restaurants and coffee shops regardless of size. Coffee shops which are currently permitted to have smoking rooms must remove them. Offices, factory buildings, shopping malls, hotels, auditoriums, and lobbies must be smoke- free. Fines of 100,000 won on any spotted smoker and up to 5 million won on shop owners not following the law.

From 1 January 2015, tobacco prices will nearly double to 4,500KRW. Prices will rise every year pegged to inflation. Advertising in convenience stores will be banned. Warning photos such as rotten teeth and lungs will be mandatory

I would expect the price of eliquid and paraphernalia to also increase as a result.

I've got a two year supply of nicotine stored in my freezer :)

Personally, I see the reduction of e-cigs and juices as a result of the government clamping down on the toxic, cancerous, chemically manufactured tobacco. E-Cig shops will start popping up like PC rooms, coffee shops, and chicken delivery restaurants on every corner. Korean love following trends. Soon tattoo shops as well. Long overdue.

As long as the e-juice contains ZERO nicotine, the prices will drop big time due to increased competition. And, gov't can't realistically tax a liquid which contains nothing buy glycerin and food flavoring.

However, the sticking point, as is now, will be the nicotine. That is, and will continue to be taxed. Although not as high as traditional cigarettes will become.

In Canada, for example, the whole e-cig and e-liquid (nicotine or not) is completely unregulated. It's only a matter of time before the Canadian govn't gets it's dirty hands in that lucrative business somehow.

In any event, I'm stocking up to. Although I don't have 2 years worth of a stockpile yet, I'm coming close.

Waddle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2014
Korea
Well obviously when I spoke about eliquid, I was implying the price of liquid that contains nicotine would increase. Not zero-nicotine liquid. Are the shops only selling zero-nicotine liquid? It's been years since I bought in a B&M shop so I would'nt know.

Now I could be wrong about this, but I was under the impression that paraphernalia was also taxed as a nicotine delivery device in Korea. Subsequently subject to the same rate of taxation as cigarettes. Maybe someone more in the know can pipe in here.

Personally i don't care as I'm ready for vapageddon :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread