The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

The Mad Lounge

Discussion in 'MadVapes' started by Crowedude654, Jan 31, 2014.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. MoonLit_Water

MoonLit_Water We All Shine On Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Feb 16, 2013
    Stuart, Florida
    I really like My nemesis clone, I like it better in 18350 mode.

OH and Thanks for that video, it cleared up some confusion I had about batteries

2. wvducklady

wvducklady Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Oct 23, 2013
    US
    "Moonlit_water: "I really like My nemesis clone, I like it better in 18350 mode.

OH and Thanks for that video, it cleared up some confusion I had about batteries""

So, is 18350 a battery? (Lol sorry I am sure it is but....) so I do have one left over piece. If I used a longer battery could I use the small left over piece? Or am I doing something wrong, and should be able to use all of the pieces with the 18650 battery? I will put a picture down below to give you an idea about everything! Thanks a bunch!!! [​IMG]

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk

3. MoonLit_Water

Supporting member
    Feb 16, 2013
    Stuart, Florida
    a 18350 battery is shorter than a 18650, the "18" is the width of the battery, the "35" or "65" is the length the "0" means it's round. So a 18350 is shorter than a 18650
    I use just the one piece with the logo on it to use the 18350. You are using it correctly for a 18650, the piece You have left over I believe is if You want to stack batteries do some research if You even think You want to do that!
    And the piece You have left over is actually two pieces the very little one provides extra space in case you want to use a kick in there.

here is what mine looks like set up with an 18350
    [​IMG]

I hope I explained that correctly & clearly , like I said this is My first mechanical so I still do have some to learn about it.

4. wvducklady

Oct 23, 2013
    US
    You explained that great! Thank you! Does the 18350 give good taste? How doesit hit? And How long does the battery last? Sorry for so many questions.....lol
    I researched on mods, and I never plan to stack batteries! It sounds dangerous.....and I think that one battery is enough! :)

5. wvducklady

Oct 23, 2013
    US
    I did not know the piece I have left over is two pieces! I tried to twist it apart, but I cannot get it to come apart!

Edit: Never mind I got it apart! Yay! Thank you so much! I thought it came apart the other day, and I tried to twist it apart, but I could not get it to come apart. I even tried to twist it apart earlier, but I could not get it apart! I got it though!

6. MoonLit_Water

Supporting member
    Feb 16, 2013
    Stuart, Florida
    they are both 3.7V So they should act the same I have not noticed any difference other than how long they last, and for how long they last it's hard for me to say, I keep a number devices at the ready and keep switching through out the day, mostly depending on what flavor I want at a particular moment. So I have never used it from full charge to needing a charge with out using something else in-between

7. MoonLit_Water

Supporting member
    Feb 16, 2013
    Stuart, Florida
    OH and as far as the two pieces it is, it really is!! Do You have one of those floppy round rubber things used to open tight lids on jars? i so try one of them to get a better grip

Put some muscle in it !!:lol:

OK I see You did get them apart

8. wvducklady

Oct 23, 2013
    US
    I do the same thing. I always just switch out once I think the battery is getting low. I try not to ever let my batteries go completely dead. I know that it is hard on batteries to completely drain them. Do you buy your batteries at Madvapes? If so which ones do you buy? I only buy my equipment from Madvapes, so if you have any recommendations on which of their batteries I should use please share! :)
    I just love Madvapes, so I have made them my only equipment vendor. :)

9. MoonLit_Water

Supporting member
    Feb 16, 2013
    Stuart, Florida
    Yes completely draining a battery is a very bad thing, thats the reason for protected batteries/protected devices. As far as suggesting a battery,,,, I'll leave that to the more experienced, ask Madvapes I'm sure they will be more than happy to help You with that I Myself will have a few questions to ask before I buy more batteries

10. downInTn

downInTn Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 21, 2014
    Tennessee
    @ wvducklady, from watching Crowedude654's video, I think it's best to use the IMR batteries. > IMR Batteries, IMR Battery | MadVapes

This particular one should* work with your current setup "18650 mode" > EH IMR 18650, 30amp, 1600mAh, Flat Top

If you look at the description, they are made by Sony, from my research that is one of the best manufactures of these type of battery.

11. Crowedude654

Crowedude654 Super Member ECF Veteran

Jun 11, 2012
    Charlotte, NC
    Yes, the winner has been picked, and they've responded. I'm leaving it up to the winners whether they want to announce that they've won or not. New contest will be posted very soon!

12. Crowedude654

Crowedude654 Super Member ECF Veteran

Jun 11, 2012
    Charlotte, NC
    Yep, those are the best for mechanical mods, and the safest. The only reason to use an 18350 is because you want a smaller form factor. You can't vape sub-ohm with them, (technically you can, but you'll be changing your batteries every hour or so, and I wouldn't go below 0.9 ohms with those because they have a lower amp limit) and they'll only last you a few hours. Those 30-amp, 1600mAh batteries are the only batteries I use in mechanicals.

13. wvducklady

Oct 23, 2013
    US
    Thanks guys for everything! Thats is exactly what I needed, was for someone to tell me the best batteries for my mod! Thanks for all of the help!

14. blondie1964

blondie1964 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 29, 2009
    Pittsburgh
    Whats with the dollar verification fee for debit and credit cards ?

15. debkerri

debkerri Full Member Verified Member

The MV logo just got crushed in the truck race at Daytona! :evil: Dang It!!

16. MoonLit_Water

Supporting member
    Feb 16, 2013
    Stuart, Florida
    and in a big way head on into the wall, that was a hard hit

17. MoonLit_Water

Supporting member
    Feb 16, 2013
    Stuart, Florida
    But I do want to thank Made Vapes for sponsoring the truck!

Mason Mingus the driver of the #35 Mad Vapes trucks is OK, they just interviewed on TV

[​IMG]

18. Raenmaker

Raenmaker Full Member

Jul 12, 2013
    Lusby, MD, USA
    Just saw the MV truck first time and jumped on here ill be ordering some stuff from MV soon :thumbs:

19. MoonLit_Water

Supporting member
    Feb 16, 2013
    Stuart, Florida
    found better images the truck

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. debkerri

debkerri Full Member Verified Member

I totally agree! When I first saw the sponsor on the truck, the other night, I thought I had read it wrong. I meant to come in here and thank them then for doing it and got side tracked.... I call it MS Fog... It drives me cray! If I don't get something done within minutes of wanting to do it, I forget what I'm doing!
    That #51 Toyota out in front is sure pretty tho... :thumb: