The New Atomic Cinnacide

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Tasty Vapor

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Well, folks, again, I have to apologize here. I am truly hoping that by "New", nobody is interpreting this as "IMPROVED". In this case "New" really means "Salvaged".

I'll rehash the story for those who don't know. Lorann's quite a few months back shipped a couple of gallons of cinnamon oil that we had ordered. For some reason, these two gallons smelled like clove and cinnamon. When I talked to them directly, they swore up and down that no changes had been made to the recipe. I decided to call their bluff and sent samples of the old and the recent batch of cinnamon down to Linda at Perfumer's Apprentice to have a GC analysis run on them. The results came back that the NEW cinnamon had a 2% content of Eugenol Acetate, which would indeed account for that clove taste in the cinnamon.

When I confronted them (Lorann's) and showed them the results, the only feedback they had for me (after having spend around $100,000 with them that year) was that "well, how it is now is how it is always going to be".

After testing around 10+ cinnamon samples seeing if we could come up with a decent "comp" cinnamon, we could not find one. So we were stuck with the Lorann's.

But we did what we could to take that "clove" edge off of the cinnamon and we have to some degree, but not completely. We resolved to take it off of the menu completely, but customers urged us to leave it on and they'd still buy it and didn't care that the flavor was slightly off, so we did.

And there you have it.

AngusATAT

Captain Tightpants
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2009
GA, USA
I'll definitely still buy it. The bottle I got is still very good, with a strong cinnamon flavor. The biggest difference I can tell is that it lacks just a little bit of that cool, sweet flavor on the exhale, compared to the original I used to buy. It's still there, just a bit more muted.

If you took AC off the menu, I would have been an unhappy camper.

Asha Vahishta

Mar 20, 2010
Austin, TX
Tasty Vapor,
Thanks for trying so hard and for not taking TVAC off the shelf.
Donn

I have been somewhat insulated from this problem because I had about 7 drams of lot C22 oil when lorann made the change. I've been using it to make my own doubler and mixing down my 48mg TVAC to about 18mg. Now that I'm out of C22, my doubler tastes bad.

Lorann's also lied to me. I sent them an email to ask about the problem. They told me that they could not detect any difference between the old and new. My email to lorann's was sent about a month after Geoff confronted them with the chemical analisis. The one thing they didn't lie about is that they don't give a rats fn ... about their e-cig customers.

Last edited:

Mr. Tasty Vapor

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
We started carrying Pyrex tanks in-store. These hold up perfectly to those corrosive cinnamon liquids. Perhaps you should consider this. Maybe not specifically through us, but there are certainly enough of these on the market...

AlSO, one of the chief complaints about the AC now was that issue with the Eugenol Acetate making the liquid taste slightly of clove. While we understand this, we think we have a solution here. Of the flavorings used for this recipe, one other primary flavor used to be red and from another company. There were a number of complaints about red food coloring and when it was put to a vote, people decided they wanted the liquid without the red food coloring, so we found another similar flavoring which did not have the food coloring and started using that instead. People complained for a while that it didn't taste the same, which we expected, but I have to tell you, in time, it seems that people lately, don't seem to be as concerned about the presence of food coloring.

We believe this original ingredient would be adequate in bleeding OUT that clove taste in the liquid since Lorann's isn't going to fix their cinnamon problem any time soon, if at all.

If you would like the ORIGINAL ORGINAL AC, by all means, just ask us on your order and we'll hook you up!

UberDuper

ECF Veteran
Dec 18, 2009
No place like ~/
I come back to AC every once in a while to give it a go in the hopes that the flavor comes back to me. The last time I tried it was 9/12 and I still couldn't taste any cinnamon in it. With this change in the recipe I'll give it another shot.

I'm curious about the red flavoring from the Original Original AC. When did that transition happen? I started having issues with the flavor of AC back in the first quarter of 2010. I think this was just before the name change judging by my order history.

UberDuper

ECF Veteran
Dec 18, 2009
No place like ~/
It's been a week since I received the Original Red and I can say that this fixes the sour perfumey floral taste that's kept me away from AC for a couple years now. It wasn't as hot as I remember it being but the kick is certainly there.

The first few hours after I received it, there was a very noticeable clove taste to it and also a strong cherry. The clove was undetectable after 2 days and the cherry mellowed out after 4 or 5, giving way to the sweet candy flavor that makes AC more then just cinnamon oil and nic juice.

I'm about two thirds through the bottle now and when I order again, I'll ask for extra hot and let it steep a full week.

illuxion

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
This still makes me apprehensive. I was an avid AC user for about a year and half, then something magically changed. I tried it, let it steep a week, yuck, for a month, crap, another month, utter crap, then put it into my emergency spares box until last week when I was hard up and had to visit Paramount(FOUL JUICE, I call it ... juice) to keep me going. I threw away 3 completely full bottles on AC from early this year and have a 2 year old AC in my nova currently praying for last week's order to ship soon. While my current order has no AC, I'd love to get some AC of yesteryear and not worry about throwing $50 down the sink.

Dillinger

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2009
Mountain View, CA
I finally used up my yellow atomic cinnacide and received my order of the original delicious :evil:red stuff:evil:!!!

I haven't vaped it yet, but this is the formula that I fell in love with when I first started vaping so I'm really happy it's available again.:vapor:

Geoff, if I were you I'd post this option more prominently in case there are others who remember this delicious brew so fondly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread