The new clearomizers for cbd

Status
Not open for further replies.

United States

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2018
RVA
Ok, this is not to ponder the virtues of that latest craze to hit vape stores like an atomic bomb...

It's to enquire if/how one could convert one of those "new" little old school BiC pen sized devices for using my favorite nicotine juice(s).

Appologies if this has been covered or not allowed.

I've lurked vape shops for flavor selection and noted head shops in general have all these old school, tire pressure guage sized pens with tiny clear tanks for using alternative products. Sometimes they'll have old school stuff but say "man that stuff leaks you'll not like that one". Yet now there's all these new devices that if I understand correctly you vape a juice about the viscocity of ice tea.

Even the big vape chain in my state (who frowns on those alternative products) was littered with the new cbd pens.

I asked the patron "can I use my naked 100 in that there Vladin?" She replies "oh, no that's for cbd". I thought "finally Avail carries Vladin products". Yeah they do but for cbd only.

So what gives? Is it the industry is re-tooling their factories with old school lathes and presses for cbd liquid only or can these devices be converted for use with an 80/20 vg/pg?

I missed out on the heyday of mini pens so I don't know if they required 50/50 or thinner to work properly. I'm mainly looking for one for my wife who has a pg allergy and vapes about 5ml a month.

Thanks for any input.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
To my knowledge those liquids are quite thick and viscous. That's not personal experience just limited observation. If that's true I can't see why a 50/50 couldn't work. Or higher VG. How much higher would be a matter of trial and error. But if your wife is sensitive to PG, how does she tolerate a 50/50 mix?

Also those vapes "designed" fir alternatives are usually overpriced compared to vape nic stuff. Are you sure that's the direction to take her, and not a small simple pod which usually perform somewhat better?

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
toledo ohio
I’m not familiar with those devices, but it seems they work in a similar fashion. Whether they’re designed or reconfigured for use with any product other than nic juice is of no consequence; they are for what they are for at the end of the day.

Let’s start at the beginning. You are looking for an atty/device for your wife that is small and will handle a higher vg juice.

I cannot speak for pods, but it seems they are better suited for closer to 50/50.

I could recommend the Geekvape Flint with the 1.2 ohm coil, at least it does okay at 25pg/75vg for me. A little higher vg should be okay too.

My advice is, the higher the vg the lower the ohms. But that generally also means a larger device, and dl rather than mtl.

Reactions: Eskie

United States

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2018
RVA
We used Fuma cigalikes arouhd 2010. She kept having issues and stopped using hers. Later I stopped using mine.

In 2018 we both resumed vaping. She uses max VG's and 80/20's. We both have box mods, pens and pods. Not looking for device reccomendations here, advice for nicotine amount or how to vape. Thanks though.

While juice shopping I keep seeing those old school looking devices but keep being told "those won't work with nic juices".

We're just curious if they can be converted. One shop fellow said the pod tank for the Smok Trinity can be used for 4 different juice formats.

I told the Mrs how dispappointing it is to see how rapidly these new devices are showing up everywhere. My favorite shop used to have a nice big display of mods, nanos and pods. It was sad to see 90% of the formerly vape device space is now cbd device space. I've seen them in head shops for a while now but now tobacco shops and vape stores are going that route too.

But in the meantime we are intrigued about being able to vape our favorite Charlies Chalk Dust in a device about the size of a Cross ink pen.

Last edited:
Reactions: Eskie

Falconeer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 27, 2015
Dunoon, West of Scotland.
Just a thought - wouldn't the CE4 things work? You can still get them often in packs of 5 for sweetie money. When I used them back in the day they were chronic gurglers with 50/50 juice so I wonder if they'd fair better with higher VG stuff? Just a thought as I said....though they'd probably do better on a proper mod with a 510/ego converter.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Just a thought - wouldn't the CE4 things work? You can still get them often in packs of 5 for sweetie money. When I used them back in the day they were chronic gurglers with 50/50 juice so I wonder if they'd fair better with higher VG stuff? Just a thought as I said....though they'd probably do better on a proper mod with a 510/ego converter.
The first and second generation CE4 clearomizers used silica string as the wick material. Silica is not an efficient wick for liquid nor the best flavor carrier, but it won't burn like cotton will should your tank run dry. The vast majority of modern day clearomizers use cotton wick as a better flavor carrier and for better efficiency to transfer e-liquid.

I don't know what materials are being used in the atomizers in these "specialized" vaporizors, whether they be the pen size or mod size. To my knowledge both use a common 510 attachment. A buddy of mine uses both types of vapor mediums on his high wattage battery device, but says he just needs to drop the wattage down to 10 watts for the "medicinal" liquids that come prefilled in a clearomizer-like juice attachment. I'm assuming the ones that my buddy uses are closed juice attachments and can not be refilled, just like the old CE4 clearomizers.

Bottom line is I suspect the medicinal juice attachments are no different than the old school e-liquid juice attachments except they have a commmmon 510 connector instead of an Ego connector. Salesmen who claim there is a difference are likely just taking advantage of comsumers' lack knowledge in gear and the salesmen are taking advantage of that by charging inflated prices for higher profit.

7574964_Care_By_Design_-_Vape_Cartridge.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread