Status
Not open for further replies.

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
CASAA holds board meetings every other Sunday at 4:30pm which are open to any person that wishes to attend. The information on how to attend the meeting is available on the CASAA website, and all it takes is one click to register. And if you have already joined CASAA then you would have even received a reminder email with a direct link to register for the meeting.

In previous questions I have provided links to join CASAA and to donate to CASAA, and if I hadn't already done that, this question would have asked you to post the link to donate to CASAA, because I think it is the most important thing a vaper can do to help make sure electronic cigarettes remain available. Other very important things that we can all do is monitor the Call to Actions and write letters in support of electronic cigarettes. The link for the Call to Action section of the CASAA website was also posted previously. I could maybe ask you for the links to the various and extensive resources CASAA has compiled, and probably will do that for some question in the future, but not this time. But hopefully you have visited the CASAA website by now, and looked around a little bit. And with that in mind....

What is the first Organizational Goal, as stated on the CASAA website?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
The next question will be asked on Saturday, December 24th at 11am PST
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
Another angle that could be taken to effectively hinder the ability of the American public to use electronic cigarettes would be to tax them into oblivion. Fortunately, the FDA is not authorized to establish or raise taxes. New taxes or increases in existing taxes generally come about through legislation passed by Congress.

At this time, there is a bill that has been introduced into the Senate that could very well eventually result in significant increases in the cost of using electronic cigarettes. This bill, if passed, would result in an increase in tax rates for all tobacco products such that the tax rates on those products would be equal to the tax rate on cigarettes. The funds raised from the increased taxes would supposedly be used to help fund special education services.

What is the name of this bill?

NOTE: As written, this bill would only apply to electronic cigarettes if and when they are determined to be a tobacco product by the Food and Drug Administration through its authorities under the Family Smoking Prevention and Tobacco Control Act.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
The next question will be asked on Monday, December 26th at 4pm PST
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

OttoBahn

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 26, 2011
Eugene, Oregon
What to do on Christmas Eve...? I know - vape and be on ECF... :vapor:

If I'm not mistaken - the answer is "S. 1403: IDEA Full Funding Act" (sponsored by Sen. Thomas Harkin [D-IA].)

You know - at some point - even non smoker/drinkers (you'd think) would cry 'foul' at the level of sin-taxes our leaders keep tacking on. It is epic already and they simply keep coming back for more.

Last edited:

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
Okay, since there are only three people who can win this contest period, this question is going to be super easy...
Two days ago a new thread was posted in the Legislation News subforum regarding a country that had just banned electronic cigarettes.

What country was it?

-------------------------------------------------------------
The next question will be asked on Wednesday at 1pm PST
-------------------------------------------------------------

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
Status
Not open for further replies.