The Nuck 2000!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nuck

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2009
Ontario, Canada
First I'd like to thank all the other modders for the incredible amount of information that is shared here. While I've rarely posted here I've read damn near all great info provided by the other modders. I started modding 4-5 days ago with no experience or skills and my other mods met with poor results:

mod A - Manual PT for 801 in a juice box, worked great but random short due to overzealous solder on centre post of phone jack connector.

mod B - Manual PT for 401 with reduced voltage and an LED, worked and looked great but the epoxy I used had one of the liquids jammed so I ended up with a horrible stink that would never go away. Sadly I had to ditch it.

Mod C - Another Manual PT for a recessed 801 with LED using parts from Mod A. Everything was nice and clean in this one but when I use the epoxy and left the room, I came back to find it had flowed around the connector, so I actually managed to kill 2 mods with 1 blow!

I was getting a bit frustrated so I asked my wife if she could help me find something to mod. She found me a nose hair clipper that was very light and felt very good in the hand. These are available for 7 bucks so well within range for a mod.

Here is the result:

Picture7.jpg

And this is what it looks like with an 801 atomizer attached:

Picture8.jpg

The unit feels awesome to hold. It is powered by CR2x2 and with the 801 atomizer kicks out wild vapour. The throat hit from a 2-3 second pull is solid and satisfying.

If there is interest, I will take a few inside pics (but you would have to ignore my lack of solder skills) and do a write up in the steps to make the mod. It's actually quite easy since the sides separate so you have open space to work in. It's also plastic so with a dremel it was pretty damn easy to core out the frame to accept the wider bats.

Thanks again to all the other modders, you ended up giving me the best vaper I've ever used :)

Nuck

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2009
Ontario, Canada
I just got my RCR123a bats in today. I think I'm going to try another one with the longer protected bats by using a smaller LED and moving it to the front. (gonna be a REALLY tight squeeze) Then I would be able to pop in an 18650 whenever I wanted cooler vaping.

After that its time for a reduced voltage 401 model :)

This sh.t is unbelievably addictive. Even worse than ecigs themselves.

Sun Vaporer

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2009
Florida
First I'd like to thank all the other modders for the incredible amount of information that is shared here. While I've rarely posted here I've read damn near all great info provided by the other modders. I started modding 4-5 days ago with no experience or skills and my other mods met with poor results:

Mod A - Manual PT for 801 in a juice box, worked great but random short due to overzealous solder on centre post of phone jack connector.

Mod B - Manual PT for 401 with reduced voltage and an LED, worked and looked great but the epoxy I used had one of the liquids jammed so I ended up with a horrible stink that would never go away. Sadly I had to ditch it.

Mod C - Another Manual PT for a recessed 801 with LED using parts from Mod A. Everything was nice and clean in this one but when I use the epoxy and left the room, I came back to find it had flowed around the connector, so I actually managed to kill 2 mods with 1 blow!

I was getting a bit frustrated so I asked my wife if she could help me find something to mod. She found me a nose hair clipper that was very light and felt very good in the hand. These are available for 7 bucks so well within range for a mod.

Here is the result:

Picture7.jpg

And this is what it looks like with an 801 atomizer attached:

Picture8.jpg

The unit feels awesome to hold. It is powered by CR2x2 and with the 801 atomizer kicks out wild vapour. The throat hit from a 2-3 second pull is solid and satisfying.

If there is interest, I will take a few inside pics (but you would have to ignore my lack of solder skills) and do a write up in the steps to make the mod. It's actually quite easy since the sides separate so you have open space to work in. It's also plastic so with a dremel it was pretty damn easy to core out the frame to accept the wider bats.

Thanks again to all the other modders, you ended up giving me the best vaper I've ever used :)

Nuck--very nice work!! Thanks for the idea and work--Many would like to see the inside --!!! Forget about how "neat" the solidering is--who cares!!! Looks Great---Sun

RjG

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 16, 2008
Edmonton AB Canada
COOL :) Looks, good, you're giving Puresmoker some stiff competition !

And - the absolute best part - you can be on an airplane,
slide that puppy up one nostril and vape away ;-)

Now what other kinda of...ummmmm....battery operated devices can you find kicking around the house, so you can make the wife one too ?

Nuck

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2009
Ontario, Canada
COOL :) Looks, good, you're giving Puresmoker some stiff competition !

And - the absolute best part - you can be on an airplane,
slide that puppy up one nostril and vape away ;-)

Now what other kinda of...ummmmm....battery operated devices can you find kicking around the house, so you can make the wife one too ?

She'd divorce me if I messed with any of the 'other' devices. I wonder if she'd forgive me if I super charged it with 3.7 v bats!

nicowolf

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 9, 2008
near Akron, OH, USA
She'd divorce me if I messed with any of the 'other' devices. I wonder if she'd forgive me if I super charged it with 3.7 v bats!

If she ever had another coherent thought, she'd forgive you, but your only use to her would be supplier of the batteries.:evil:

Nice mod BTW. I have threatened the roommates nose hair trimmer, and even started to dismantle it when he wasn't home, but my respect for his lack of disgusting nose hairs hanging out has prevented me from actually taking a soldering iron to it.:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread