The Official SmokeStik Animal Compassion Discussion Thread....:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

lorikay13

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2009
Oregon
www.smokestik.com
I'm listening CES!!!!

Katya....THANK YOU for the random generation suggestion...there is only three entries so far and your so right....no WAY would I be able to "judge" these stories ! Anyone who thinks life has value is a winner.

"We have enslaved the rest of the animal creation, and have treated our distant cousins in fur and feathers so badly that beyond doubt, if they were able to formulate a religion, they would depict the Devil in human form." --William Ralph Inge, writer and Anglican Prelate (1860-1954).

animal-testing-cage.jpg

~Peace to all beings~

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: ShowMeTwice

CES

optimistic cynic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2010
Birmingham, Al
Yep- there's no way to "judge" the stories. Buch of caring people here- I've read some great rescue stories around ECF- i hope more get posted. I love the deer story and the foster dog that stayed permanently, and rescued wet kittens - as well as the contest dedication to a beautiful dog. :)

Last edited:

keelalagirl55

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2011
This is gonna be a total tear jerker.....Thank you for doing this. It is always good to hear of those whose hearts belong to the critters.......I thought I'd share my favorite poem...well one of my favorites...

DOG (Spelled Backward)

When God had made the earth and sky,
The flowers and the trees.
He then made all the animals,
The fish, the birds and bees.
And when at last He'd finished,
Not one was quite the same.
He said, "I'll walk this world of mine,
And give each one a name."
And so He traveled far and wide
And everywhere He went,
A little creature followed Him
Until its strength was spent.
When all were named upon the earth
And in the sky and sea,
The little creature said, "Dear Lord,
There's not one left for me."
Kindly the Father said to him,
"I've left you to the end.
I've turned my own name back to front
And called you dog, my friend."

~ Author Unknown ~

• Love

skydragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2009
Mountain Cave
"We have enslaved the rest of the animal creation, and have treated our distant cousins in fur and feathers so badly that beyond doubt, if they were able to formulate a religion, they would depict the Devil in human form." --William Ralph Inge, writer and Anglican Prelate (1860-1954).

I've never read that quote but OMG is it the truth.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Epitaph to a Dog

Near this Spot
are deposited the Remains of one
who possessed Beauty without Vanity,
Strength without Insolence,
Courage without Ferosity,
and all the virtues of Man without his Vices.

This praise, which would be unmeaning Flattery
if inscribed over human Ashes,
is but a just tribute to the Memory of
BOATSWAIN, a DOG,
who was born in Newfoundland May 1803
and died at Newstead Nov. 18, 1808.

(...)

-Lord Byron

• Love

lorikay13

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2009
Oregon
www.smokestik.com
Last edited:

lorikay13

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2009
Oregon
www.smokestik.com
Me too! Spread the contest around folks!!! I can't do it...but you can.

Need a good cry...............

http://www.amazon.com/Blind-Hope-Unwanted-Woman-Rescued/dp/1601422806/ref=pd_sim_b_7

be sure and check out the list of related books...............

This is a picture of Sal.....a "disposable dog" created by an evil breeder of Collies who did not care about the consequences of trying to develope a pure white collie. He and his brother were kept barely alive in a cages inside someones garage. His brother did not make it....but my friend Ann rescued Sal.....he has no eyes.....but he can hear. SHE is HIS seeing eye human.....he has learned dozens of commands that let him him know where to go and what to do...right...left...up .....down....in the truck....etc. He is the sweetest most loving soul. And so is Ann.

salqw.jpg

Last edited:
  • Love

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
a "disposable dog" created by an evil breeder of Collies who did not care about the consequences of trying to develope a pure white collie.

My God...

Can we take out a hit on the "people" who do that kind of crap to beautiful dogs?

I'd rather blind him. See how he likes it.

Eye for an eye.

• Agree

CES

optimistic cynic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2010
Birmingham, Al
Ok...I started a thread about the contest in the member contest forum. Will some of y'all help keep the thread bumped please? here

crap- i ended up with the thread in the members contest forum having the same title as the official contest thread. i should not try to do even mildly complex stuff like linking before I've had my full ration of caffeine. I may have fixed the title- didn't know you could edit titles after posting.... more caffeine please...

Last edited:

lorikay13

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2009
Oregon
www.smokestik.com
Thank you CES!

Katya....thank you for the video. Here is my opinion regarding passing laws against owning certain breeds of dogs:

According to a 1997 study done by the Massachusetts Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (SPCA) and Northeastern University, animal abusers are five times more likely to commit violent crimes against people and four times more likely to commit property crimes than are individuals without a history of animal abuse.

Many studies in psychology, sociology, and criminology during the last 25 years have demonstrated that violent offenders frequently have childhood and adolescent histories of serious and repeated animal cruelty. The FBI has recognized the connection since the 1970s, when its analysis of the lives of serial killers suggested that most had killed or tortured animals as children. Other research has shown consistent patterns of animal cruelty among perpetrators of more common forms of violence, including child abuse, spouse abuse, and elder abuse. In fact, the American Psychiatric Association considers animal cruelty one of the diagnostic criteria of conduct disorder.

Read more: Pet-Abuse.Com - Abuse Connection - The Link Between Animal Cruelty and Interpersonal Violence Pet-Abuse.Com - Abuse Connection - The Link Between Animal Cruelty and Interpersonal Violence

So who needs to be removed from society?

• Agree
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread