The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

The Official SmokeStik Animal Compassion Discussion Thread....:)

Discussion in 'SmokeStik' started by lorikay13, Mar 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. keelalagirl55

keelalagirl55 ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Jan 25, 2011
    Oh I cannot even watch....I cried for days and days over the animals from Katrina......I just cannot watch....I will pray for them though....always makes me wish I had enough room for them all!!!

Attached Files:

2. Katya

Katya ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Feb 23, 2010
    SoCal
  3. susie22321

susie22321 Supplier Associate ECF Veteran

Jun 6, 2010
    St. Clair Shores, MI
    That video was just too sad for words. I don't suppose whoever shot it helped those two dogs? Major bummer :(

4. susie22321

Jun 6, 2010
    St. Clair Shores, MI
    Katya, thanks for posting that. My day was quite wrecked after that video. Happy ending.

5. keelalagirl55

Jan 25, 2011
    That was my thought exactly!!! How could they just stand there filming......get those poor dogs some blankets, water, and food! That sweet dog went up to them wanting their help and they just stood there filming????? I don't get it! Thank God someone FINALLY came to help them (per above link), but shame on the camera person!!

6. Katya

Supporting member
    Feb 23, 2010
    SoCal
    It was my understanding that they were just waiting for the rescue team. But I had to do some follow-up research. I couldn't go to bed not knowing...

7. keelalagirl55

Jan 25, 2011
    I hope the 2 doggies get reunited....

8. lorikay13

lorikay13 Supplier Associate ECF Veteran

Dec 13, 2009
    Oregon

You do dear.....we all do. Once you open it up......the heart of compassion is infinite.

[​IMG] In the most recent example of animal compassion, a study published earlier this month by Nature Communications shows that orphaned baby squirrels are sometimes adopted by other squirrel moms.

Read more: Compassionate Mama Squirrels | Care2 Healthy & Green Living

9. keelalagirl55

Jan 25, 2011
    Oh honey...I have the room in my heart, just not my house/land.....that is what I want......

10. lorikay13

Dec 13, 2009
    Oregon
  11. keelalagirl55

Jan 25, 2011
    What a GREAT thread......thank you for sharing! These great creatures represent what every person should strive to be like....unconditional love, devoted, loyal, non-judgmental....I could go on and on!

12. lorikay13

Dec 13, 2009
    Oregon
    Just got finished bathing the Rough Collie.....that's the one that I got from a nationally recognized breeder who said...."she just doesn't have the temperment for the show ring". Translate that to: she bites the groomer. But wait! there's more :) She doesnt just bite....she is the ONLY dog I have ever met that simply does not respond to alpha behaviour. Any one who know what the alpha wolf rollover move is......I'm serious......not amount of time being grabbed by the scruff of the neck and held to the floor will get this dog to submit. Kind of like Dave......

13. sooperdrave

sooperdrave Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Jul 14, 2010
    Maine
    that is because i rule you. :)

14. susie22321

Jun 6, 2010
    St. Clair Shores, MI
    lol, Dave, you are so predictable!

15. lorikay13

Dec 13, 2009
    Oregon
    I know you do dear. And your so good at it too! Now don't you have homework to do? :facepalm:

16. sooperdrave

sooperdrave Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Jul 14, 2010
    Maine
    something wrong with predictable? :)

17. susie22321

Jun 6, 2010
    St. Clair Shores, MI
    lol ! ! ! !

18. Biomom

Biomom Senior Member ECF Veteran

May 6, 2010
    Washington, DC
  19. lorikay13

Dec 13, 2009
    Oregon
    Okay....speaking of non-human animals.....here is lorikay13's housecleaning tip for the day......

If you are really SO nuerotic that you must wash your dishes AGAIN after the dog licks them.....use cold water. Hot water just spreads the dog slime around.

[​IMG]

Also...it's a proven FACT (see Myth Busters) that the human mouth harbors much more hideous pathogenic organisms than the canine mouth. Therefore..........

[​IMG]

now THIS.....even lorikay13 might take issue with....no....not because of germs.....but um.....contrary to popular ignorance.....the pig is a carnivorous canibal.....

[​IMG]

PLUS.....this is where to "pig flu" REALLY came from!!!! Good God! just the thought of being licked by a bipedal juvenile makes my skin crawl!!!!!![​IMG]

Okay....Okay....this photo has absolutely no relevance to this post.....but I think you will agree......how could I leave it out????? ANIMALS ROCK!!!!!

[​IMG]

20. Katya

Supporting member
    Feb 23, 2010
    SoCal
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.