• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

The Peace That Surpasses.........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saintscruiser

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2010
Mississippi
Phillipians 4:6-7 - 6 Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; 7 and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

I have heard that passage most of my Christian life, and never really knew what it meant......until the morning when I realized my daddy would be breathing his last. I had prayed for the Lord to have Mercy on him as he was in an extremely bad condition. He had stopped eating and drinking fluids. I won't go into details as it was not pretty. It was killing me to see him in this condition. I was telling him through tears how wonderful a daddy he had been to me, and how proud I was to be his daughter, how much I loved him, and would miss him. I knew beyond a shadow of a doubt that he heard me. Medical people would have disagreed, but the Lord let me know. While I was doing that, a wave of peace that surpasses all understanding filled my heart and soul. Through my breaking heart, God comforted me with Himself taking over the horror I was looking at. I can't explain it anyway else. I knew my daddy was saved. He is a Messianic Jew. And also at that time, the Lord gave me an understanding of death. It's like walking from one room to another. You're at the treshold and you just step over. It's as simple as that.

I didn't feel that feeling again until the day before my mom died. She had lung cancer. My sister and I were talking to her as best as we could. Her cancer went to her brain and at times she acted just flat out nuts. I won't go into all the things she did because it really wasn't mom. All of a sudden I was filled with JOY, I smiled and knew she would leaving us very soon, and once again, God's comfort enveloped me. Since I remembered it from when Daddy died, I recognized it immediately. I was at peace. I told my sister it wouldn't be long. She died in less than 24 hrs.

I know where they are, and if it hadn't been for my mom having lung cancer, I probably would still be smoking, possibly getting lung cancer myself. When I put down the cigarettes for good, I now vape, I asked the Lord to tell them both that I quit smoking. I was a Daddy's girl....still am. He lived to be 95 1/2 years old and my mom lived to be almost 86 years. I was greatly blessed.

Anyone else experienced this special kind of peace for it's not the regular peace we receive. Take that and multiply it by 10. That's what I'm talking about!
:)

mightymen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Nov 22, 2012
    No you can't
    Phillipians 4:6-7 -6 Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God;7 and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

Since 2000 the Scripture's on PEACE have held me together like glue and have brought me this far. Starting with the death of my daughter in 2000 then my mother in 2002 and in 2003 the death of the love of my life my wife and if that wasn't hard enough to handle in 2003 I was given the job of sole caregiver of an eight year old with no help from the little family I have left and friends; though through this trail I was able to hear the Voice of God once more and I was AMAZED with the results He told me to call my X-wife for advice by phone which I didn't talk to for years and said what do you have to lose it's only a phone call. Silly as it seemed I couldn't argue with the point of only being a phone and did it; to my surprise the door was open and she help me get through it and even supplied a place for us to live and cared for my son for three months bringing him to and from school and Etc. while I went to work. She was the last person on earth I would have thought would help me. (At the time I lived in PA and traveled to work 100 miles each way daily.) It was impossible to live in PA and still go to work and earn an income; It looked so gleam in my sight and I seen no way out. Also to I would have left PA with the cloths on our back and yet there was another surprise supplied by God on the day of my wife's funeral one of my nephew's from WV showed up He was the only family other than me and my son there and he demand that I should rent a truck and load it up which I did and my x-wife let me store it in her place. NOW IF THAT wasn't enough He held me together since 2010 when I was diagnose with stage 3 cancer, now four years later cancer free and still hungry for the PEACE OF THE LORD and I eat every crumb when ever I see it. Every time I started to worry I looked for the Scriptures on PEACE and found PEACE in His Words and still do today.

Ps. As long as I have breath I will never be without His PEACE. Without His PEACE I would have given up long ago!

My testimony to this world we live in is that their is a GOD and at ever opportunity I have when given to me; I will shout it out and proclaim the TRUTH I have seen God not with my eye's but by the Spirit and I have His Peace and it's Wonderful.

I am truly BLESSED.

Edited in.

I'm printing out this testimony as I type and framing it; so never will I forget what the Lord has done for me; It looks so much more to me now that I see it in my own written words.

Last edited:

blondeambition3

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 29, 2009
    FL, USA
    blondeambition3.wix.com
    Thanks to both of you for sharing those wonderful testimonies of the "Peace which surpasses all understanding". I feel there is absolutely nothing I could possibly add that could further illustrate just that.

Reading these testimonies brought flowing tears to my eyes, for I weep for your sufferings, knowing this is a weakness that Father says strengthens me. (us).

And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.
    -2 COR 12:9

I have lost a Brother to Suicide, (1996) and another to sudden death Heart attack, (2010) and almost lost my Mother on January 1st of this year, (2014) and all I know is, in the midst of all of these tragedies and near tragedies, He was with me. Now I can't say that I didn't weep, because I did, but even in the midst of my anguish, there was (is) comfort.. AND peace. I knew Father was holding me and sustaining me.

We know anxiousness always comes, but when we feel anxiousness start to creep in, He quells it within minutes, if not seconds.

He is our Rock and our Fortress. In Him we can always put our Faith and our trust! Without Him, we are without purpose. There is nothing on the face of the Earth that we would trade for His Love and His peace.

And with that I know I've gotten a few Hallelujahs and Amens!!!!! :banana:

Saintscruiser

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 24, 2010
    Mississippi
    WOW! As soon as I pick my mouth up off the floor, I'm going to post. MM, I read your pm first before reading your post. What a testimony! Cuz, didn't you almost die a few years back? It boggles my mind to try to understand how God can keep up with everyone all at the same time. What testimonies!!!! Hallelujah! Praise Almighty God! What I find interesting is that we found each other on a website for electronic cigarettes.....out of all the people on the planet, here we are. Coinsidence? I think not. For me to say anything further would take away from the power of your testimonies. We all look to You, Lord, for your mighty love and care. Even when we don't see anything, we know you are working for our good. You are amazing, worthy to be praised and Glorified. Thank You, Lord, for Your forgiveness, which shows us how to forgive others. I bow to You, Lord. For it's in Your name I pray, Lord Jesus, Amein.

blondeambition3

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 29, 2009
    FL, USA
    blondeambition3.wix.com
    WOW! As soon as I pick my mouth up off the floor, I'm going to post. MM, I read your pm first before reading your post. What a testimony! Cuz, didn't you almost die a few years back? It boggles my mind to try to understand how God can keep up with everyone all at the same time. What testimonies!!!! Hallelujah! Praise Almighty God! What I find interesting is that we found each other on a website for electronic cigarettes.....out of all the people on the planet, here we are. Coinsidence? I think not. For me to say anything further would take away from the power of your testimonies. We all look to You, Lord, for your mighty love and care. Even when we don't see anything, we know you are working for our good. You are amazing, worthy to be praised and Glorified. Thank You, Lord, for Your forgiveness, which shows us how to forgive others. I bow to You, Lord. For it's in Your name I pray, Lord Jesus, Amein.

Yep, I almost passed on/around April 1st of 2011 from Septicemia due to a silly 1mm Kidney Stone that due to a physical abnormality I couldn't pass!!!! The Hospital didn't admit me when I first went, and I had NO IDEA I had a SERIOUS infection due to a 'stuck/lodged' stone.... so by the time the Hospital DID admit me (the next night!), I was going septic on them. They did surgery on me to remove the stone and the Surgeon said I had so much infection he couldn't see to remove the stone.. lol. He inserted a 'stent' and I was in the Hospital another TWO weeks because shortly after the Surgery, and probably due to the Sepsis, I started going into Kidney failure. Geesh! But because of an OBEDIENT Husband, (which is ANOTHER Story I"ll share in the future), and our blessed Father, my Kidneys began to function again and I made it!

Yes! It's AMAZING that we all found one another on this Blessed Forum..... among all of the MILLIONS of Forums that must exist on the Internet, we all chose this one. NO coincidence is right... it was the LORD putting us all together so that we might hold one another up and magnify Him!!!!

Saintscruiser; We all look to You, Lord, for your mighty love and care. Even when we don't see anything, we know you are working for our good. You are amazing, worthy to be praised and Glorified. Thank You, Lord, for Your forgiveness, which shows us how to forgive others. I bow to You, Lord. For it's in Your name I pray,

Hallelujah and Amein Cuz!!!! You're puttin' me into some serious Praise and Worship Mode here!!!!! :banana: :banana: :banana:

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread