The Pico or the batteries?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Imfallen_Angel

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 10, 2016
Ottawa area, Canada
He stated that he had almost no choice in vaping hardware. This guy is in a South African country where the local vape shop sold him batteries that didn't work. He can either vape with what he can find or go back to cigarettes.

We don't know his vaping wattage. If he's vaping low resistance and high wattage I agree that he needs to have 20A batteries. If he's vaping at levels equal to a cigarette, then he can get by with 5A or 10A lithium batteries that are used in high end flashlights, although I wouldn't recommend he tear apart power tool battery packs.

I'm completely competent about electronics and vaping hardware. I'm a retired electronics/electro-mechanical tech rep who worked for 36 years with a worldwide company. I expected him to continue the conversation where I could give him some further advice.

If you were, you'd have explained about low and high drains before even touching on "flashlight batteries".

This isn't something to be taking lightly, especially with a newbie.

And "vape of going back to cigarettes" isn't going to be much assistance if he ends up with a mod exploding in his face because of extremely poor advice.

Some newbies don't come back after a few "recommendation" so it's very important to provide proper info from the very first post, and NOT "count" on him returning.

Sorry if I sound harsh, but I repeat.. take what I'm saying IN GRACE, or argue to save face, but I will NOT put someone at risk over EGO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread