Status
Not open for further replies.

Rule62

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2011
Melbourne, Florida
I agree! And they probably won't do some of the less popular Pinoy mods like the Launcher, BioMech or the Scud. My first mech was the Astro, which I still have, was cloned and looks pretty dead on.

BTW, is your avatar your Grey? It looks like a male. I am one of those nuts that have 4 Greys. Always fun when the phone rings or the microwave goes off.

Yes, that is my Grey, "Brutus". We have two. The other one is my GF's. He is also male, although she insists on calling him a her. His/her name is "Basil". Both were rescues. I have no way of proving it, but I've always believed that mine, Brutus, was a wild capture, based on his mannerisms.
Yes, they both love electric noises; microwave, cell phone, car horn, siren, dive bomber.
We also have a White Eyed Conure, who is louder than both Greys. I swear she could wake up the dead.

francomakou91

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 21, 2013
bu2e6u4u.jpg

Does this affect performance? Where can I get this part without having it imported? How do I fix it? The silver plating is wack it's so thin

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla
bu2e6u4u.jpg

Does this affect performance? Where can I get this part without having it imported? How do I fix it? The silver plating is wack it's so thin

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk
call jewelery shops in your area many offer silver plating services. or check the phone book for platers.
but for performance it shouldnt make much difference.

they both love electric noises; microwave, cell phone, car horn, siren, dive bomber.

LOL my roommates does the microwave buzzer, i end up getting up like 5 times to check it

Last edited:

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla
while yes the plating does affect the voltage, its not going to be enough to say "man this sucks now" if your going for multi plating use gold on top slightly less conductive then silver but it will never tarnish, I forget the mod that does this. personally i wouldnt worry about the gold. just get a super thick silver

Jerry J

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 6, 2013
Portland, OR
Yes, that is my Grey, "Brutus". We have two. The other one is my GF's. He is also male, although she insists on calling him a her. His/her name is "Basil". Both were rescues. I have no way of proving it, but I've always believed that mine, Brutus, was a wild capture, based on his mannerisms.
Yes, they both love electric noises; microwave, cell phone, car horn, siren, dive bomber.
We also have a White Eyed Conure, who is louder than both Greys. I swear she could wake up the dead.

My Greys are all rescues. One is somewhere around 45 years old, the next oldest is around 30, the next one is 22 and that youngest is 12.
It's funny when the Greys get going one of the Macaws yells "Shut up"! What's eerie is when one of the Greys says my name in my GF's voice....when she's not home.

YES, Conures can be excruciatingly loud.

Interesting idea about the silver plating on the contact point. I've never thought about having it replated locally. But both of mine are like new so no worries for awhile.

Last edited:

abstractcousin

ECF Veteran
Sep 27, 2013
Thousand Oaks, CA
Love my poldiac!!

had my all brass poldiac #3315 for a few weeks now and it gets really dull by the end of the day :( .. but its alright, i used to use brasso, boy that stuff does not work well as a fine polish. have a different polish now that works great, plus i put olive oil on it after i polish it every 2 days.
such a nice mod!! love it so much.

Pathology

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2013
Vienna, IL
After having my Poldiac (MiriamWTH...absolutely stunning) for awhile now, I've decided trading my MISTer for it was definitely worth it! Simply a fantastic mod. The trade worked out great I'd have to say. The guy that got my MISTer really likes it as well. I love when things play out like that, where both parties are equally satisfied with their end of the bargain :)

Can't see myself parting with this beauty in the foreseeable future..

..Sent from the vape lair..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread