The Poldiac Fan Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

abstractcousin

ECF Veteran
Sep 27, 2013
Thousand Oaks, CA
heres my poldi! all brass 18500 with a polished trident rba, and a ghost modder drip tip. love it!

poldiac.jpg

MattyB1503

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 13, 2012
OC, CA
I posted this in a couple other places already but I thought I'd share it here as well.

Not really a glamour shot of my Poldi, more so a testament to it's raw power...

I've been running the Patriot Poldi combo for the past couple weeks and I am more than happy with it's performance.

0.28 ohms

My switch housing is fine but I can really see how the Peek Ketron parts could be beneficial, especially for chain vaping.

Jerry J

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 6, 2013
Portland, OR
I posted this in a couple other places already but I thought I'd share it here as well.

I've been running the Patriot Poldi combo for the past couple weeks and I am more than happy with it's performance.

0.28 ohms

My switch housing is fine but I can really see how the Peek Ketron parts could be beneficial, especially for chain vaping.

WHOA! Just WHOA! That my friend is impressive. I wish that I could get my u-coils that nicely built.
Beautiful job!

I really wish that there was a US outlet for Poldi parts. I would buy on of the Ketron kits and some other small supplies that are prohibitive to buy because of the associated shipping.

MattyB1503

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 13, 2012
OC, CA
WHOA! Just WHOA! That my friend is impressive. I wish that I could get my u-coils that nicely built.
Beautiful job!

I really wish that there was a US outlet for Poldi parts. I would buy on of the Ketron kits and some other small supplies that are prohibitive to buy because of the associated shipping.

Thanks! I haven't bought juice is a while. I don't charge for my builds but often times people donate 30ml or so for an "advanced" build like that. I'm not much of a self promoter but I'm sure if I gave that vertical quad a crazy name like "The Spider Belly" (LOL) and pushed it on Instagram and FB it would draw some attention. Not really my style though.

I hear ya on the shipping cost. I usually keep my wish list updated at MMV so I don't forget something important but there has been times when everything was not available all at once.

I'll check the classified from time to time as well, or some times sell off spares occasionally too. ECF is pretty good about not allowing price gouging, or just having members that don't want to take part in shenanigans in the first place. I've seen some bogus ad's posted in other places tho.

IDK, to me international shipping just kinda comes with the territory.. LOL, I probably shouldn't say this (but whatever). You don't need a Poldiac to quit smoking, it's a luxury item.

Last edited:

Valhalla17

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2013
Houston, TX, USA

0.28 ohms

True artistry, awesome setup

zoyabean

Nov 2, 2013
canada
so i don't have to worry about the juice dripping into the housing causing long term effects as long as i clean the button weekly?

Greetings fellow Poldiac Fans!

I figured I'd start a thread of Poldiac owners to discuss their likes or dislikes about their Poldiacs. :) Right now, I'm vaping a Poldiac UMA with a Kir Fanis Traptank and Kir Fanis telescoping Angel driptip, 18 mg 100% VG DIY peach flavor juice...deeeelightful!

Wish the top cap had some airslots though, not too tank-friendly, IMO....But still hits like a train. Did I hear that Dimitrius is working on some vented top caps?

Vape well,

Bri

I clean the button (contacts) weekly anyway for better conductivity ;-)

sigma pi

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2013
Los Angeles
so i don't have to worry about the juice dripping into the housing causing long term effects as long as i clean the button weekly?

4 months and I havent cleaned either of my poldiacs and they still hit hard. You should be fine I would imagine, its made of metal delrin and rubber

Jerry J

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 6, 2013
Portland, OR
Imagine how hard it would hit if you cleaned it regularly and Noalox'ed the threads.

I've seen many recommendations for Noalox regarding threads. Noalox is really designed for aluminum joints to keep them from oxidizing as aluminum does so rapidly. Is there really any real benefit to stainless steel or brass threads other than simply a barrier?

MattyB1503

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 13, 2012
OC, CA
I've seen many recommendations for Noalox regarding threads. Noalox is really designed for aluminum joints to keep them from oxidizing as aluminum does so rapidly. Is there really any real benefit to stainless steel or brass threads other than simply a barrier?

Noalox, I believe it would help a great deal with brass as well. In general it's not gonna make your mod hit any harder than the way it does after a good cleaning (I use a toothbrush or fiberglass pen on the threads) but even on stainless I feel like it keeps my mods hitting harder for longer, in between cleanings. I mean that's just my 'lung-o-meter'; I do notice a difference though.

But no, there is no published spec to say it's more conductive than brass or stainless. It's just a barrier to promote a good ground connection.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread