Status
Not open for further replies.

Cloud Wizard

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 24, 2012
Somewhere in PA on my Ultra Limited
I've seen many recommendations for Noalox regarding threads. Noalox is really designed for aluminum joints to keep them from oxidizing as aluminum does so rapidly. Is there really any real benefit to stainless steel or brass threads other than simply a barrier?

I prefer "NO-OX-ID A Special" electrically conductive contact grease. NOALOX is a total pain to get off and turns gray/gunky pretty quickly. I got a 2oz tub of no-ox on ebay for ~$6 and it will last me forever.

Cloud Wizard

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 24, 2012
so i don't have to worry about the juice dripping into the housing causing long term effects as long as i clean the button weekly?

Nope, the beauty of a pure mech. You can dip the to whole thing in juice and it'll clean up good as new. I had an atty completely dump into my CW when I had the orings out of the button housing (NOT recommended but does allow bottom air atties to sit flush and breath through the battery tube). A PGA bath later and no problems at all.

Cloud Wizard

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 24, 2012
I posted this in a couple other places already but I thought I'd share it here as well.

Not really a glamour shot of my Poldi, more so a testament to it's raw power...

I've been running the Patriot Poldi combo for the past couple weeks and I am more than happy with it's performance.

0.28 ohms

My switch housing is fine but I can really see how the Peek Ketron parts could be beneficial, especially for chain vaping.

Wow, that's pretty SIC! Assuming 28awg? What do you use for wick, cotton? Do you have a pic with a wick in it?

MattyB1503

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 13, 2012
OC, CA

MattyB1503

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 13, 2012
OC, CA
I prefer "NO-OX-ID A Special" electrically conductive contact grease. NOALOX is a total pain to get off and turns gray/gunky pretty quickly. I got a 2oz tub of no-ox on ebay for ~$6 and it will last me forever.

So whats up with the NO-OX-ID, A Special? Couldn't find any hard numbers on it, seems like it's also an anit-oxidant/anti-corrosion grease. Is it just easier to work with than Noalox?

Cloud Wizard

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 24, 2012

MiriamWTH

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2011
Tilburg (Netherlands)