The Posse Hideout

Drottwiler

Old Timer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 20, 2010
Drott's Dog House
Buns done and looking ok.45 burgers in the freezer, the rest is going to be a meat loaf on the grill. Turkeys up next. Yes I made a list. :lol: Because I have several projects going at once outside and not seeing any progress. :lol: At least with a list I finish one before starting the next. Just wish I didn't see all that needs done. :lol::lol:

Bamrz

Z.A.P.T. Member*
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 8, 2010
PA, near Philly
Good morning everyone!

Looks like a good day to cut the grass. Anyone have a Bush Hog I can borrow? :lol:

I need one of those too Punkin!! My neighbor has been doing the front yard, but the back is getting ridiculous! And I really don't think my mower will work any more, last time it was running, it caught fire because Andy didn't check the oil first... :cry:

Less time to cook but oven heats the shack up. And to much leftovers.
But, but... roast turkey leftovers are the best!! Sammiches, soup... :)

Bamrz

Z.A.P.T. Member*
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 8, 2010
PA, near Philly
not too bad here so far!! :)

I found these suggestions for leftover coffee in an AARP email this morning, might be interesting. I never thought to try a couple of these!

Ice It: Coffee ice cubes are great in iced coffee; they don’t dilute the drink as the ice melts. Or add your preferred milk and flavorings to the coffee and pour into Popsicle-type molds for a frozen treat tomorrow.

Make Sauce: After pan-frying chicken or pork, deglaze the pan with coffee rather than wine, for a deeper, Southern-style gravy.

Prepare Jerky: Marinate beef slices in strong coffee and your favorite flavorings for up to eight hours, then dry the beef in the oven at 200ºF for about four hours.

Top Your Pancakes: Combine coffee with melted butter and pour.

Brine a Chicken: Coffee-based brines that include spices such as cloves, star anise, peppercorns and, of course, plenty of salt make for a delicious and moist roast chicken.

Dress a Salad: For a simple coffee vinaigrette, cook equal parts brewed coffee, balsamic vinegar and maple syrup on the stove at a low heat until the mixture is syrupy. Top it off with a little lemon juice.

• Informative
Reactions: Drottwiler

Users who are viewing this thread