RDA The Prometheus thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimmyDB

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 3, 2014
If you have a Prometheus atomizer... and want to talk about your experience, this is the place.

I have one... I have set it up a few different ways, currently... I have removed the metal ring used to cover the glass tube so I can tighten it down a bit more... and have both coils set for a net resistance of 0.4 Ohms... with Rayon for wick. I am very happy with it's performance. I have the air holes at maximum (stock) level and it's a great lung hitter.

JimmyDB

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 3, 2014
But honestly does not compare with dripping.

Agreed. I haven't built a genni-style device the way I would build a dripper (coil-wise or wick-wise), but I may want to give it a try sometime. What I have done with this one, and could do with most of them, is that I made the wicks extra long. This has allowed me to just pull a charred piece of wick up through the coil and cut it off, revealing fresh wick.

JimmyDB

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 3, 2014
The juice is drawn up the wick generally via capillary action. You want your wicking material to NOT be pressed hard against the sides of the holes that it must be fed through... if it's in there too tight, it will have trouble drawing up the juice.

I'm not certain about the auto-drip 'feature' myself. I can say that if you hold it with the tank side elevated, it will be easier for the wicking to become saturated.

chanelvaps

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
Burbank CAlifornia
Thanks Jimmy
The juice is drawn up the wick generally via capillary action. You want your wicking material to NOT be pressed hard against the sides of the holes that it must be fed through... if it's in there too tight, it will have trouble drawing up the juice.

I'm not certain about the auto-drip 'feature' myself. I can say that if you hold it with the tank side elevated, it will be easier for the wicking to become saturated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread