classwife

Admin
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2010
Wesley Chapel, Florida
I just saw this - sorry no one has responded !

If you can link me to where you are finding dead links I can see if I can fix them.

What area were you getting the "There are no threads in this forum." ? It may have been one that had been emptied and it hadn't been removed yet.

Reactions: ShowMeTwice

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2016
The Forest
I just saw this - sorry no one has responded !

If you can link me to where you are finding dead links I can see if I can fix them.

What area were you getting the "There are no threads in this forum." ? It may have been one that had been emptied and it hadn't been removed yet.

Classy, I reported the problems Top Hat was experiencing in the "New site..." thread on Sept 16 and again on Sept 18. You replied on the 18th and tagged @retired1.

Top Hat originally noted the problem in an 18650 battery thread and I tried to help him then. There are several posts in that thread describing the problem he was having.

classwife

Admin
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2010
Wesley Chapel, Florida
Classy, I reported the problems Top Hat was experiencing in the "New site..." thread on Sept 16 and again on Sept 18. You replied on the 18th and tagged @retired1.

Top Hat originally noted the problem in an 18650 battery thread and I tried to help him then. There are several posts in that thread describing the problem he was having.

Ahhhh...thank you !

...your memory seems to be better than mine today.

I just saw no responses and said yikes !

Reactions: ShowMeTwice

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2016
The Forest
I got this on the 1st Post I read today and attempted to like ...

Oops! We ran into some problems.
Security error occurred. Please press back, refresh the page, and try again.

After a Page Refresh, things seemed to work ok.

Like many, I never sign-off ECF. I put a device to sleep and then carry on later in a day or the next day. If wake one of my devices on the same day I never see the error.

That error message happens when I wake either my computer, smartphone or tablet on the next day and try to like someones post without first refreshing my browser page.

My browser is seeing an older expired ECF session (the previous day).

Per a moderator on the Xenforo forum, "It is usually related to a stale/expired token."

It makes sense to me. A users session has no current XF token. When we refresh an ECF page we get a new token. Basically, a users browser is out-of-sync with ECF and thus the error. Your session requires a new token.

• Agree
Reactions: zoiDman
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread