The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

The Rock by Boulder

Discussion in 'Vape Pod Systems' started by Burnie, Jan 5, 2017.

Tags:
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Burnie

Burnie The Bug Man Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 1, 2009
    Sunny Florida
    Ok mine arrived today so let me give some info on them after first look.
    I purchased mine from
    The Rock by Boulder

It has a Button :D :banana: Nice and clicky. 3 clicks on, 3 clicks off.

Filled up a pod with my ADV as I am most familiar with that flavor, not bad, lots better than the My Von Erl or the iCare, it has flavor. I am starting with a 50/50 juice to see how it wicks.

Capacity, well that is a little short. After I filled the pod, I sucked it out with a blunt syringe, only .8ml, so really small amount of juice. Not sure how long that would last.

Checked Ω with my DMM and it looks to be a 2Ω coil. Also the wick looks to be silica.

Looking at the pod, I'm not sure how they got the coil in there, so not sure how it comes apart to clean and rewick, I'll mess with that when I have a bad one needing rewicked. Don't want to mess up a good one as I only have 2, and they are $6 a 2 pack

The USB charging on the device, well I would rather have a cable. Looks funny when it is plugged in, but works fine.

I plan on using it as my first vape tomorrow and see how long the pod/battery last and how it vapes. I am also taking my normal setup, just in case. :D

I'll post more info as I test it out.

• Like Like x 12
  2. cardsfan300

cardsfan300 Super Member ECF Veteran

Nov 10, 2014
    Florida
    Hoping mine is in the mail box when I get home. I was hoping for more liquid capacity, but if it's easy to refill then not a huge deal. How is the draw? Is it similar to the myjet at all?

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. r77r7r

r77r7r ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    . 8ml @ 2 ohms? That's like a weeks worth :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. Burnie

Jul 1, 2009
    Sunny Florida
    Yes it is easy to fill, but it is a small hole, but I did it with an eye dropper.
    Draw is a nice MTL, about right for me. It is not for DTL vapers, I tried too tight for that. But I only hit it 1/2 dozen times, tomorrow is my test. It is charged and filled, but I am womping on my Wraith at 25W drinking a beer at the moment. :D
    I don't have a MyJet, so can't answer that question.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Mr.Mann

Mr.Mann Visit the PIF Sub-Forum Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Dec 30, 2011
    All over the place
    Mine wasn't! I am currently using the myJet, but it is difficult to get the pods to always vape the exact same. That is the thing that irks me the most. When the myJet is good, it really is good. Otherwise it's just all right. I can rewick them and dry burn them too, but it's difficult to always get it just right.

Fingers crossed for Boulder and others I got coming.

I am still hawking Apollo for the Brez, but there hasn't been any movement.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Burnie

Jul 1, 2009
    Sunny Florida
    Once you get the Rock, see if you can figure out how to do that with them. It is a deal breaker for me if I can't at least clean rewick the coils.

• Like Like x 2
  7. cardsfan300

Nov 10, 2014
    Florida
    What is the brez?

• Like Like x 1
  8. Mr.Mann

Supporting member
    Dec 30, 2011
    All over the place
    The pod mod that Apollo is developing. I love the looks of it. It's still in testing.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  9. Mr.Mann

Supporting member
    Dec 30, 2011
    All over the place
    Will do.

• Like Like x 1
  10. cardsfan300

Nov 10, 2014
    Florida
    Ugh, thought mine was going to be here today. Should be here tomorrow

• Like Like x 1
  11. Burnie

Jul 1, 2009
    Sunny Florida
    Do they need any Beta testers/reviewers? :D

• Like Like x 2
  12. Mr.Mann

Supporting member
    Dec 30, 2011
    All over the place
    I will let you know after they let me know. Already asked before I posted. :D

• Like Like x 1
  13. Burnie

Jul 1, 2009
    Sunny Florida
    Ok, I used The Rock this morning at work, so here is a little more information to digest. :)

I started vaping with it a little after 5am and it died a little after 11am, so about 6 hours. I don't vape on jobs, just in between while taking a break or driving to the next job, so I was not chain vaping. Also I used just one pod, which has about 1 drop left in it. I took the second pod thinking the juice would would be used quicker, but never needed it.

I am thinking 50/50 might be a little thick and not wicking fast enough as it is a lot warmer vape than I am used to, silica does not wick like cotton or rayon. I kept looking at the pod, pulling it out to see the juice level, and I noticed every time I pulled it out a little bubble would rise up. I did it 1/2 dozen times in a row just to see, and got a little bubble each time, but it was not flooding. Tomorrow (I'll be home all day) I am going to try my normal 70/30 juice and see if it wicks a little faster and cools it down some. I had no leaks or spitting with the 50/50 today (and no juice in the mouth), which is a good thing.

It took about an hour to charge with the front USB on my computer here at work, I'm guessing 1/2 amp output, but don't really know.

The button was very responsive, but because it is flush, you have to feel for it (or look), but I would not say that is a con. I don't think I would like it with a raised button.

The light (opposite side from the switch) is only white, and does not change color with the battery level, so there is no way to tell if you have a 10% charge or a 90% charge, and when it dies, it just dies with no warning. I didn't notice a drop off in vapor as I used it, so I am guessing it has a regulated output, most likely 3.7 volts (but I'm guessing here).

Got to looking at the pods last night, and I think I know how they go together, but not sure if you can take them apart without breaking them. I'll get into that once I get one that needs cleaned.

I'll update with more information as I figure it out. :D

• Like Like x 2
  14. gpjoe

gpjoe Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 30, 2013
    Motown
    I completely understand not wanting to futz up a brand new pod, but three bucks seems OK for an empty pod. Pods for my myJet are about $3.80 when I buy a 5-pack locally, including tax and I thought that was resonable.

• Like Like x 1
  15. cardsfan300

Nov 10, 2014
    Florida
    Just tried mine. Its not bad. My cons so far is that the draw is a bit airy for my liking and it whistles. For some reason I can not stand a whistle in my vape. Gonna spend some more time with it, it is cheap and refillable. Flavor is not bad, just really wish it had a tighter draw to it.

• Like Like x 1
  16. DC2

DC2 Tootie Puffer Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 21, 2009
    San Diego
    0.8 ml is not going to work for me.
    The search continues.
    :)

• Like Like x 2
  17. Burnie

Jul 1, 2009
    Sunny Florida
    It's still LOTS better than we started with in 2009. :facepalm: :D

• Like Like x 4
  18. DC2

DC2 Tootie Puffer Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 21, 2009
    San Diego
    Oh, now you've gone and done it, making me post this again...
    I remember back in the day...
    :laugh:

• Like Like x 4
  19. Burnie

Jul 1, 2009
    Sunny Florida
    Love that thread, Bumped it up again. :D

• Like Like x 3
  20. Burnie

Jul 1, 2009