The Russian vs. The Russian 91%

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know the differences between these two? Besides the 20euro price difference? I've seen them referred to somewhat interchangeably in reviews but when looking at them the only major difference I can see is that the 91% has some sort of screw on the bottom deck that the other does not.

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla
the russian is a direct copy of the kayfun 3.1. it has a small fill port on the side, is bigger and has more parts, even a juice collector in the bottom.

the 91% is a copy of the kayfun light but the 91 added the same air flow control that the kayfun 3.1 has. the fill port is the screw you see on the bottom, much easier to fill then the big one. and except for the hybrid base you can use on the 3.1 i think the light/91% is the better deal.

and yes it is a direct copy all parts are interchangeable.

Last edited:

t8kiteasy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2012
virginia beach
There are going to be alot of happy vapers the first week of september when we recieve our 91's.I wonder what the price will be once all pre-orders are filled and they are in stock with the different vendors??

The Russian also comes with a drip tip and adapter,the 91% does not,only the drip tip adapter to add your own drip tip.

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla
The Russian also comes with a drip tip and adapter,the 91% does not,only the drip tip adapter to add your own drip tip.

if they are true copies with all the same parts the kayfun has a proprietary drip tip or an adaptor to fit any 510 drip tip
they kayfun light has a tip but the top hole is already 510 size

t8kiteasy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2012
virginia beach
if they are true copies with all the same parts the kayfun has a proprietary drip tip or an adaptor to fit any 510 drip tip
they kayfun light has a tip but the top hole is already 510 size

What i am reffering to is,the extra SS drip tip the Russian comes with,not the prop. tip that is on it.And the 91% just has the adapter but no extra drip tip.

bapgood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2012
Utah
If anyone wants a Russian, not 91%, Salt Lake Vapors has them in stock right now. I ordered at 10:30 am and got the tracking at 1:00 pm. It was 95 bucks + 5.10 priority shipping.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

+1....Picked one up on Saturday when I was in SLC and really liking it. Think I will have to pick up a 91% now :D

bapgood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2012
Utah
How is it to set up? Easy as it looks? What device are you using it on?

I'm playing around with ceramic wicks, but when I first got it home I hurry and wrapped up a silica wick and it was super easy and the best silica vape to date for me and I'm not a huge silica fan.

I'm a DNA20 and Kick2 user, I haven't found a better vape regulated or unregulated. Plus you get a great range of versatility.

Cavere

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 8, 2013
Utah
If anyone wants a Russian, not 91%, Salt Lake Vapors has them in stock right now. I ordered at 10:30 am and got the tracking at 1:00 pm. It was 95 bucks + 5.10 priority shipping.

I stopped in there last week an saw they had the Russian. Say around and watches them show a guy that bought one how to set it up. Super easy. I debated canceling my preorder of the 91% and paying a bit more to get one there. Great shop with great employees. It's still my main shop even though I've moved further away and there's five shops closer to where I live now.

Dlovell

Verified Member
May 14, 2013
Florida
I stopped in there last week an saw they had the Russian. Say around and watches them show a guy that bought one how to set it up. Super easy. I debated canceling my preorder of the 91% and paying a bit more to get one there. Great shop with great employees. It's still my main shop even though I've moved further away and there's five shops closer to where I live now.

Cool. Yea I emailed them before I ordered it just to make sure it was in stock since I couldn't find it anywhere else. They got back to me instantly. Good customer service.
I don't mind dealing with a hard- to- set-up device as long as the vape I get is worth it, but if its easy and vapes great, even better.

bapgood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2012
Utah
The 91% is a KFL but adds air adjustment. Honestly I don't know why there is so much difference in the kayfun prices. Judging the difference in material and machining of the Russian and the 91%, $20 seems about right.

I'm really liking the Russian and think the adjustable air on the 91% will make it more desirable than the KFL. I find the adjustable air hole is really handy to control juice flow.

vjc0628

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 23, 2013
Maryville TN
The 91% is a KFL but adds air adjustment. Honestly I don't know why there is so much difference in the kayfun prices. Judging the difference in material and machining of the Russian and the 91%, $20 seems about right.

I'm really liking the Russian and think the adjustable air on the 91% will make it more desirable than the KFL. I find the adjustable air hole is really handy to control juice flow.

Ok so if I understand you the 91% has a better airflow system?

I'm just trying to understand because $100 is a lot for me for a device but if I'm going to spend it
I don't want an exact clone for just $20 less if that's the case Ill just get the real one

but if the 91% is better in some way Ill get that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread