The scandal in western australia re vaping

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi fellow vapers. In case news has not reached all of you in the vaping community, I would like to ask for your help in fighting a total injustice, which has led to a retailer Heavenly Vapers being prosecuted for selling e cigarettes.

This action was brought by of all people, The Health Dept, with the backing of the Cancer Council of WA. I assume they have a vested interest in people smoking themselves to death, rather than the much safer alternative.

Time is fast running out to raise enough money for an appeal and I am going to actually plead with you to donate even $1 each to help us in this fight.

If this nonsense is not repealed then it will just spread like a cancer across the globe, because it will set a precedent for other countries to follow suit.

Governments and big Pharma everywhere are losing huge amounts of revenue due to peoples decisions to switch to vaping, you can draw your own conclusions as to their interests in this situation.

We need publicity, we need funding, we need you to sign our petition and spread this story as far and as wide as you can. I will be posting links and as much information as I can gather, including my personal journey.

There is a lot of information regarding this case on the Aussievapers forum.

I look forward to us all banding together to fight the good fight! Thank you.

Christine's Story
Hi, I amChristine J.
From out in the wilds of Western Australia. I have been a member for about a month but recently have received some criticism, after I DARED to make some comments, because I didn't formally introduce myself here.
I did not know this was a requirement, but to keep everyone happy, here we go........

I am over 60 (just) I have been a smoker for 47 years apart from the times I was pregnant, which took an enormous amount of willpower to stop but each time I landed back on the cigarettes.
I grew up in London where everybody seemed to smoke, we used to go to a tobacconist on the way to school to buy 1 or 2 cigarettes at a time. By the time I was 15 my Mum (who still smokes a few even though she is 83) started handing me a few fags here and there and we smoked together.

She smoked all the way through 3 pregnancies, but by the time I was of childbearing age it was obvious that smoking was dangerous for our babies so I quit by the time I was three months pregnant. It was soooo damn difficult but on reflection I think guilt tided me over. But it was a short term solution and each time I landed back on the ciggies.
Over the years I have tried everything to quit, all the usual NRT's with the exception of Champix as I have always suffered from intermittent periods of depression and constant anxiety attacks, plus at times suicidal thoughts so after researching it, I realised this would be a very dangerous path for me to take.
I had a friend staying with me who was using vaping equipment, Mr 40+ a day smoker and it seemed to help him to cut down at least.
By this time I was totally depleted of energy and spent most of my time in bed or on the sofa, having had to let my business go as I couldn't possibly drive the 35 mins to my office, this by the way was at a great financial loss, but I had no choice.
So about a month ago I hit rock bottom, I had increased my smoking to 35-40 per day, I was coughing so much all night that I became incontinent, this was the final straw for me so I ordered a starter kit from an Australian Vaping Company, with tobacco flavoured cartridges with no nicotine and from day one I was able to cut down my smoking dramatically, but I still craved the nicotine.
So I joined this forum and a lovely member gave me some of her equipment which was was much more satisfying and the batteries lasted almost a full day, I really haven't looked back since.
Then I found out about this hideous case against Heavenly Vapours and I fell into a state of fear, not just for my own life, but for many others. I have lost precious loved ones to smoking related diseases and I thought, oh here we go again!
So I have been trying everything in my power to support these guys, both financially and by spending many hours each day trying to drum up support for them and to discredit the hypocritical Health Dept and CCWA.
I have received a few snide comments like "Well who the hell are you and as a newcomer what the hell do you think you are going on about etc" But with the support of some wonderful members on this forum, I have not lost my confidence and am still prepared to "fight the good fight"
Vaping is saving my life, I am a completely different person to the sad one I was a month ago, my health and energy are returning and I will do everything in my power to support HV as this is such an important case which simply must be won.
Another thought I have just had and would like to add that I can think of at least a dozen people I know, both friends and family who have given up smoking, basically by cold turkey or with NRT's but all of them have put on massive amounts of weight and are now suffering lots of other associated problems with being obese, such a shame to see.
But amazingly I have lost 1.9 kilos in the last week, mostly because I have gained back my zest for life and for the first time in years have started taking regular walks and made a decision to cut down dramatically on carbs and sugar, you see I have hope now rather than feeling like I was before "waiting to die" and my Doctor who was a bit cynical when I told her I was vaping is totally astounded and is now quite passionate about finding out the benefits of vaping, additionally she is shocked and dismayed that the CCWA and the Health Dept have taken this ridiculous stance. She wanted to know more about it, so I directed her to this site. So another wonderful intelligent person is going to be backing our cause. Thanks for everyones encouragement and "Power to the People!" Right on lol. Anyone is free to copy and paste this message in any useful way to promote the cause of vaping

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread