The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

The search is on....

Discussion in 'DIY E-Liquid' started by Coyote628, Jan 15, 2020.

Tags:
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Coyote628

Coyote628 Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Sep 16, 2017
    My first vape flavor I bought and quit smoking with was birdbrains, which is a fruit loop milk flavor. In the two and half years since then I've tried a few other similar profiles. One I found and am actually vaping on right now is cloudmouth spoon. Probably one of the better ones I've tried. Bout halfway through a 100ml and have another 100ml I've not opened yet. I also found some strawberry dessert types along the way I really like too. Not gonna list them all here as there are just too many variations of this profile. Same with lemon desserts. I was in DIY mode last year and did some amazing things with the lemon stuff. But with the possibility of having to make my own all the time if commercial juices go away I'm trying to come up with new ideas for mixes. And nothing sounds good right now. I dont want to limit myself to the above mentioned profiles, as much as I like them. I do want variety. I went to a recipe website, looked at many many recipes. Nothing looked awesome and some were downright disgusting. But all were repeats of common themes. I think I can be creative but it seems as far as vape juices go, there is only so much we can actually do. So, the search is on for a handful of recipes I can be content with. Candy flavors are a no go. Especially blue raspberry. Blehchh. I haven't found a blueberry that i could vape for very long without getting disgusted by it though I love the idea of blueberry vape. Mango is just gross. Peach is so-so for a while. I know there are some who just vape nic and VG, flavors...who needs em? Vanilla get cloying after a bit too. So I'm just too picky I guess. What to do, what to do.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. smacuser

smacuser Vapid Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Augustine, FL
    Welcome back. Have you been to the e-Liquid Recipes website? Put in a flavor your interested in, then sort by ratings for what's most popular.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Izan

Izan Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Jul 1, 2012
    Mallorca, Spain
    IMO,
    Time to go the other way, with very lightly flavoured mixes, cut your percentages by 80-90%.
    Just a "Hint of Flavour" is what you are after.

Have you tried any juice from Alice in Vapeland | All Natural Vape Juice ?

Cheers
    I

• Like Like x 3
  4. Coyote628

Sep 16, 2017
    No I haven't

5. Skeebo

Skeebo Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Fruit Circles Capella is a good start on the fruit loop cereal type vape. Its good on it's own, but the milky notes could be enhanced with other flavors.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Izan

Izan Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Jul 1, 2012
    Mallorca, Spain
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Coyote628

Sep 16, 2017
    T
    I was on one called all the flavors. Lot of recipies there. Nothing seemed to jump right out at me though. Not to worry, I'll figure something out. I have tried grapefruit flavored juice once and liked it, that's s profile I haven't worked with. And I do like pineapple. Made pineapple cheesecake juice once. It was so so and had lots of room for tweaking and improvement so there's another idea. Just want to keep it interesting so I dont get bored. Cranberry is a flavor I'd like to explore too maybe. Not crazy about real cranberries or that nasty gel ya get at Thanksgiving but in a vape, I tried it that was mixed with apple. It was kinda interesting. A friend suggested mac and cheese. I said no.

• Like Like x 1
  8. smacuser

Supporting member
    Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Augustine, FL
    lol. What do you think about pineapple upside down cake? With or without cherries? Talking about the holidays, I recently got into eggnog. Fuji Apple is pretty good for making fritters.

Did you look at ELR (e-Liquid Recipes)?

• Like Like x 1
  9. Coyote628

Sep 16, 2017
    I thought very much about pineapple upside down cake. Just didn't have all the flavorings at the time. The juices I did used to make were cake and cookie types. And they were all really good. So I think I just might go for this one. It will be somewhat complex and require more than just a couple flavors but certainly a do-able challenge. I can just taste the butter and brown sugar caramelizing the pineapples soaking into the cake now. Holy cow! Thanks for reminding me, really. I did have that idea but it slipped out of my head apparently.

• Love Love x 1
  10. vaper1960

vaper1960 Ultra Member

Apr 24, 2019
    California, US
    Haven't tried them (doing mostly DIY now) and they are not "cheap" BUT very interesting variety of flavors (and very creative) Could be in inspiration for DIY recipes for sure!

11. Electrodave

Electrodave Cool Vapor Cool Vaper Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Jul 14, 2015
    Denver, CO
    I resemble that remark. Vanillin in PG at 0.5% isn't cloying at all. It just doesn't taste like cotton. One thing I've learned is that you can vape flavorless, but you can't vape tasteless. You'll always taste the wicking material, as well as the coils. A bit of vanillin kills all of that without making its presence too known. It also adds some PG to my juice.

• Useful Useful x 1
  12. vaper1960

vaper1960 Ultra Member

Apr 24, 2019
    California, US
    I also like fruits with bakeries... cookie, cake, pies. I also like "jammy" fruits... not so much the candy ones.

13. smacuser

Supporting member
    Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Augustine, FL
    If you haven't been to ELR, you can enter your flavor stash and it will make suggestions; then you can see the suggestion ratings as well.

14. Coyote628

Sep 16, 2017
    It's still a ways off till I get back into mixing, but as soon as I work up this pineapple upside down cake recipe I will definitely report on it. Even if it sucks. Which it probably won't lol.

• Like Like x 1
  15. vaper1960

vaper1960 Ultra Member

Apr 24, 2019
    California, US
    My resources inude: ECF, ELR, Red*dit and Diy or Die. Learning so much my head is spinning (and I keep drooling)

16. Coyote628

Sep 16, 2017
    Check out the site called all the flavors.

• Like Like x 1
  17. vaper1960

vaper1960 Ultra Member

Apr 24, 2019
    California, US
    Why the "F" does this keep doing this thing where I just want to correct a simple spelling error and this stupid oragne things comes up and mankes me re-type eveything (I would correct that but it makes me re-do the entire sentence) Arrghhh!

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. vaper1960

vaper1960 Ultra Member

Apr 24, 2019
    California, US
    :thumb:

19. Coyote628

Sep 16, 2017
    I use computers at my job, freehand text to document the calls I take. The backspace key is my friend. I can type nearly 200 words a minute but probably only spell 4 or 5 of em correctly. :D

20. vaper1960

vaper1960 Ultra Member

Apr 24, 2019
    California, US
    I'm very good with computers... NO, backspace doesn't help. No matter what I do, it replaces the letter but deletes the next letter (so I basically have to retype the rest of the sentence) Not doing it now (new post) but what triggers this to happen?