Status
Not open for further replies.

Coyote628

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
Sep 16, 2017
My first vape flavor I bought and quit smoking with was birdbrains, which is a fruit loop milk flavor. In the two and half years since then I've tried a few other similar profiles. One I found and am actually vaping on right now is cloudmouth spoon. Probably one of the better ones I've tried. Bout halfway through a 100ml and have another 100ml I've not opened yet. I also found some strawberry dessert types along the way I really like too. Not gonna list them all here as there are just too many variations of this profile. Same with lemon desserts. I was in DIY mode last year and did some amazing things with the lemon stuff. But with the possibility of having to make my own all the time if commercial juices go away I'm trying to come up with new ideas for mixes. And nothing sounds good right now. I dont want to limit myself to the above mentioned profiles, as much as I like them. I do want variety. I went to a recipe website, looked at many many recipes. Nothing looked awesome and some were downright disgusting. But all were repeats of common themes. I think I can be creative but it seems as far as vape juices go, there is only so much we can actually do. So, the search is on for a handful of recipes I can be content with. Candy flavors are a no go. Especially blue raspberry. Blehchh. I haven't found a blueberry that i could vape for very long without getting disgusted by it though I love the idea of blueberry vape. Mango is just gross. Peach is so-so for a while. I know there are some who just vape nic and VG, flavors...who needs em? Vanilla get cloying after a bit too. So I'm just too picky I guess. What to do, what to do.

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
My first vape flavor I bought and quit smoking with was birdbrains, which is a fruit loop milk flavor. In the two and half years since then I've tried a few other similar profiles. One I found and am actually vaping on right now is cloudmouth spoon. Probably one of the better ones I've tried. Bout halfway through a 100ml and have another 100ml I've not opened yet. I also found some strawberry dessert types along the way I really like too. Not gonna list them all here as there are just too many variations of this profile. Same with lemon desserts. I was in DIY mode last year and did some amazing things with the lemon stuff. But with the possibility of having to make my own all the time if commercial juices go away I'm trying to come up with new ideas for mixes. And nothing sounds good right now. I dont want to limit myself to the above mentioned profiles, as much as I like them. I do want variety. I went to a recipe website, looked at many many recipes. Nothing looked awesome and some were downright disgusting. But all were repeats of common themes. I think I can be creative but it seems as far as vape juices go, there is only so much we can actually do. So, the search is on for a handful of recipes I can be content with. Candy flavors are a no go. Especially blue raspberry. Blehchh. I haven't found a blueberry that i could vape for very long without getting disgusted by it though I love the idea of blueberry vape. Mango is just gross. Peach is so-so for a while. I know there are some who just vape nic and VG, flavors...who needs em? Vanilla get cloying after a bit too. So I'm just too picky I guess. What to do, what to do.
IMO,
Time to go the other way, with very lightly flavoured mixes, cut your percentages by 80-90%.
Just a "Hint of Flavour" is what you are after.

Have you tried any juice from Alice in Vapeland | All Natural Vape Juice ?

Cheers
I

Coyote628

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
Sep 16, 2017
Welcome back. Have you been to the e-Liquid Recipes website? Put in a flavor your interested in, then sort by ratings for what's most popular.
T
Welcome back. Have you been to the e-Liquid Recipes website? Put in a flavor your interested in, then sort by ratings for what's most popular.
I was on one called all the flavors. Lot of recipies there. Nothing seemed to jump right out at me though. Not to worry, I'll figure something out. I have tried grapefruit flavored juice once and liked it, that's s profile I haven't worked with. And I do like pineapple. Made pineapple cheesecake juice once. It was so so and had lots of room for tweaking and improvement so there's another idea. Just want to keep it interesting so I dont get bored. Cranberry is a flavor I'd like to explore too maybe. Not crazy about real cranberries or that nasty gel ya get at Thanksgiving but in a vape, I tried it that was mixed with apple. It was kinda interesting. A friend suggested mac and cheese. I said no.

Reactions: smacuser

Coyote628

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
Sep 16, 2017
lol. What do you think about pineapple upside down cake? With or without cherries? Talking about the holidays, I recently got into eggnog. Fuji apple is pretty good.

Did you look at ELR?
I thought very much about pineapple upside down cake. Just didn't have all the flavorings at the time. The juices I did used to make were cake and cookie types. And they were all really good. So I think I just might go for this one. It will be somewhat complex and require more than just a couple flavors but certainly a do-able challenge. I can just taste the butter and brown sugar caramelizing the pineapples soaking into the cake now. Holy cow! Thanks for reminding me, really. I did have that idea but it slipped out of my head apparently.

• Love

Electrodave

LPV
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2015
Denver, CO
www.electrostring.com
I know there are some who just vape nic and VG, flavors...who needs em? Vanilla get cloying after a bit too. So I'm just too picky I guess. What to do, what to do.
I resemble that remark. Vanillin in PG at 0.5% isn't cloying at all. It just doesn't taste like cotton. One thing I've learned is that you can vape flavorless, but you can't vape tasteless. You'll always taste the wicking material, as well as the coils. A bit of vanillin kills all of that without making its presence too known. It also adds some PG to my juice.

• Useful
Reactions: Blitzdonlife

smacuser

Total Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Hartwell, GA
    I thought very much about pineapple upside down cake. Just didn't have all the flavorings at the time. The juices I did used to make were cake and cookie types. And they were all really good. So I think I just might go for this one. It will be somewhat complex and require more than just a couple flavors but certainly a do-able challenge. I can just taste the butter and brown sugar caramelizing the pineapples soaking into the cake now. Holy cow! Thanks for reminding me, really. I did have that idea but it slipped out of my head apparently.

If you haven't been to ELR, you can enter your flavor stash and it will make suggestions; then you can see the suggestion ratings as well.

Coyote628

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Contest Winner!
    Sep 16, 2017
    It's still a ways off till I get back into mixing, but as soon as I work up this pineapple upside down cake recipe I will definitely report on it. Even if it sucks. Which it probably won't lol.

Coyote628

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Contest Winner!
    Sep 16, 2017
    Why the "F" does this keep doing this thing where I just want to correct a simple spelling error and this stupid oragne things comes up and mankes me re-type eveything (I would correct that but it makes me re-do the entire sentence) Arrghhh!
    I use computers at my job, freehand text to document the calls I take. The backspace key is my friend. I can type nearly 200 words a minute but probably only spell 4 or 5 of em correctly. :D

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread