The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Blueberry

Discussion in 'DIY E-Liquid' started by XfooYen, Jun 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. XfooYen

XfooYen Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 11, 2012
    SoCal
    I have all three blueberry variations from TFA. Blueberry Candy was OK, not great. Blueberry Wild made me want to yack. Blueberry Double seems to be the best of the three. I notice very few people using blueberry flavors in recipes and even fewer talking about them. Is there a blueberry flavor that is reliable? Is there another fruit/additive which is known to help blueberry flavors? I've used Tart&Sour, lemon juice, sweetener, and EM with disappointing results. Any info or favorites would help.

I have to nail this profile before I try delving into the Blackberry/Boysenberry arena. I gather those are tough to get yummy.

2. michaelsil1

michaelsil1 Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Mar 21, 2013
    Los Angeles
    What is the problem you're having with Blueberry Double?

3. Iffy

Iffy Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Feb 3, 2011
    Florida Suncoast
    Best BB? IMO, hands down, Vaping Zone Super Concentrate @ 2.5% with one drop of lemon juice per 3 ml! Haven't tried their Gourmet BB; no need...

4. XfooYen

Oct 11, 2012
    SoCal
    Actually I don't have a problem with bbd, per se. That one tastes the best of the three I have. I was mostly wondering of there is something much better and I'm hesitant about buying three more blueberry flavors blind. I can live with bbd, but I want options. If someone feels strongly enough about a given company, I'm more apt to order it.

*Don't expect much. I'm on Tapatalk.*

5. crxess

crxess Grumpy Ole Man Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 20, 2012
    Williamsport Md
    FW from HDV surprised me. Mixed a 50/50 batch at 15% not bad. Used 1% EM to smooth.

I use BBE in Blueberry a Waffle Mix - still needs tweaking

BBW can be good but you have to start LOW to find what works -

6. Lundude

Lundude Senior Member ECF Veteran

Mar 7, 2012
    Utah
    I just ordered the Wild. What does make me wanna yack mean? Now I am worried I might get something that sucks.

7. wonderland

wonderland Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 28, 2012
    Riverside, California
    I just received Blueberry Wild yesterday and it smells great, but now I'm scared! Can't try it until tomorrow when the rest of my supplies arrive. I'm itching to make a blueberry & pomegranate concoction.

8. XfooYen

Oct 11, 2012
    SoCal
    I don't know of its the juice or if it tends to burn really, but I get an acrid taste from it at 15%.
    Smells great, sort of like cooked blueberries, which I liked. The flavor was a different story. Sweetener and lemon juice didn't help. I didn't use EM on it, though. Don't let my words scare you. It was hyperbole. :)
    Trial and error is what it's about so hopefully you buy new flavors in small bottles.

9. crxess

Sep 20, 2012
    Williamsport Md
    Test a small batch plain at 8% (1%EM optional)

10. XfooYen

Oct 11, 2012
    SoCal
    Thanx, crxess. FW and VZ are on my short list.

11. XfooYen

Oct 11, 2012
    SoCal
    Update: I added EM to the blueberry wild at 1%, and it helped a lot. It cut some of the astringent taste and added a pleasant jammy quality. After vaping a while, the familiar "nasty" taste returns. When I check, the coils and wick are still wet with no hot spots. It may be how the juice tastes after gunk buildup on the coils. I'm using an rda @ .7 ohms, so I'll try it in a different device to test consistency. For now, the blueberry extra is still best and easiest to work with of the three TFA flavors. The blueberry candy doesn't do it for me comparatively.

12. michaelsil1

michaelsil1 Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Mar 21, 2013
    Los Angeles
    You can try adding a melon flavor and see if it cuts the astringent taste.

13. XfooYen

Oct 11, 2012
    SoCal
    Update: filed a Protank to test. Same result at 8 watts. Nice jammy flavor at first, then a familiar rank taste. It's the way the juice builds up on the coils. It's wicking fine. It's not the taste of a hot coil. It's this juice. It's going on the back burner or being sold.

14. crxess

Sep 20, 2012
    Williamsport Md
    Seems Odd, 8 watts should keep the coil fairly clean........Especially on the RBA. Juice componant may be changing with application of heat beyond (x) Many compounds will change under specific heating conditions if not stabilized by some means. Perhaps in a mix.

I have not run into this, but normally do not Vape blueberry above 6.8w and max draws for me are 5-6 seconds(OLD LUNGS)

15. Dvx67

Dvx67 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 23, 2013
    Lexington, KY
    You could try a little Koolada in it.

I have the VZ blueberry and it is pretty good but I haven't done much with it. When you are ready for blackberry, I highly recommend the VZ super concentrate. I mix it with a little Koolada and lemon juice and it is one of my dailys.

16. nickgonzo

nickgonzo Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 28, 2012
    NM, USA
    I like Capella Blueberry over TFA Blueberry Extra and FW Blueberry. Haven't tried any others.

17. XfooYen

Oct 11, 2012
    SoCal
    Who knows? I put Blueberry Candy in a standard Boge carto and it's pretty good. The BBE is even better. All either needs is a tiny bit of EM, and perhaps 1drop/5ml of Tart&Sour. The BBW has me vexed. Honestly, though, for straight Blueberry flavor these are pretty good. Better than most vendor-bought versions.

18. Mingi

Mingi Full Member

Jun 4, 2013
    LA CA USA
    I have had this exact issue with the TFA BBW. First couple puffs of any session are great then it begins to taste burned. I have tried many variations with EM and MA.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.