1 cup all purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 egg
1 cup buttermilk
1 tsp melted butter
1 tsp vanilla extract
about 1/2 to 1 cup bacon (depending on how much you like), cooked until crisp and coarsely chopped

Directions:

I really love this pancake recipe. The pancakes are light and fluffy, not to mention incredibly delicious. They are easy to whip up and, best of all, are basic enough to be subject to multiple variations. I also have a chocolate chip version of this recipe, in addition to the bacon one.

The main difference between the two types is the mixing. The bacon should be mixed into the buttermilk batter and the chocolate chips should be dropped on top of the pancake while it is cooking on one side. The reason for this is that chocolate, as it melts, may leak out onto the grill, making it much more difficult to produce a clean pancake. In addition, the chocolate might burn if it is left on the heat. The worst that can happen to the bacon is that it will become more crisp – which isn’t all that bad.

Keep the vanilla in the pancakes whether you are making the bacon or the chocolate chip variety. Trust me. The ever so slight flavor in the bacon pancakes makes them much more delicious.

In a large bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.

In a small bowl, whisk together egg, buttermilk, melted butter and vanilla. Pour wet ingredients into flour mixture along with the bacon and stir until combined but a little bit lumpy to avoid over mixing.
Heat a lightly greased skillet over medium-high heat. When a drop of water sizzles on the surface, drop heaping spoonfuls of batter onto the skillet, making 3-inch pancakes. Cook until golden brown on each side, flipping only once.
Serve immediately, with maple syrup, if desired.
Makes about 15 pancakes.

Allazar

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 21, 2011
Austin
FV, this is the dark girl side of Allazar... and I want to apologize for the torture that my husband is putting you through... He does this to me too, showing me pictures of food I can't eat and generally driving me nuts (I'm celiac, so anything that has wheat is a no-no). I am deathly afraid of making a order of Butter Rum and getting 30ml each of Gils and Guts and Poo Gas.... I am trying to muzzle him even as we speak... pray for me!

FlyingV

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 23, 2010
Verified Witchdoctor - In a Hut
You have my deepest sympathy. I won't send you anything awful. :)
FV, this is the dark girl side of Allazar... and I want to apologize for the torture that my husband is putting you through... He does this to me too, showing me pictures of food I can't eat and generally driving me nuts (I'm celiac, so anything that has wheat is a no-no). I am deathly afraid of making a order of Butter Rum and getting 30ml each of Gils and Guts and Poo Gas.... I am trying to muzzle him even as we speak... pray for me!

efirdj

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2011
Clover, SC
You must really want Victor's Special Surprise in your next order. :evil:
Mmmmmm.... Chicken, wicker, cardboard, tennis balls, and drool.... Sounds Delish!!!

:barf:

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

I would make sure you get to the mailbox before he does. That way you can get your juices out of the mailer and leave him Victor's Surprise or Gills, Guts, and Poo Gas. :lol::lol::lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread