The SMOKtech AC9 Controversy - TUNE IN TUESDAY

Status
Not open for further replies.

mphsjeep

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
This is crap! The Line...cloned. DiD....cloned. Provari...tried to clone. Everything is cloned!!!!! Why would Rip think he would be any different. Good Gravy! And I'm with the folks here that could no way justify $100+ on a fancy atty. The clones are not going to be his ruin......his reaction to all this will put people off. Just my humble opinion.....and thanks to all who run the coops!!!!

dhomes

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2012
Austin, TX
All I know is I wish someone cloned the Kick. The circuitry there must be <$5 or $8 (TOPS)

then i'd have a bazillion +1 RBAs (before this thread I didn't even know about the AC9, not I'm DEFINITELY get a clone of one)

A ZAP though I do want Original. Kinda like Zen. I'm just holding for a second revision where I can align the wick to wherever I want it to.

The price of the originals is bad enough. But how many high quality original RBAs one needs?

I could afford, say, a ZAP, and have two or three AGA-T+ or similar around.

What I hate is the scarcity of the originals. On top of paying premium I have to go out of my way to get one? (and yeah, part of the premium comes from the scarcity. I wonder how much of that is intentional.)

foggdawg

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2011
SF Bay Area
I have an ody clone and love it. But now I want the real thing. I tried the DID clone before I bought the actual DID. That is mainly why I buy them. If I like them enough, I'll consider the real thing. Like what was said earlier: make these higher end devices more avaliable and there wouldn't be much concern about the clones. I see the Zen RBA's are becoming more avaliable. I for one hate this release date crap. Stand by to stand by. Ready..set..go...oops sold out...give me a break.

6pointprime

ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2010
NYC
For those you you following the controversy surrounding the SMOKtech AC9 clone, Ken and myself will be speaking on this Tuesday with Russ from Clickbang Radio at 9pm. Invites will be send out to both RipTrippers and Brent to speak on this. If either of you two are reading this, please except the invitation to have your voice heard. I am not posting this to start a debate on what is right or wrong so please do not clog up the thread with vulgarity and/or bashing on one side or the other. I understand this is a sensitive subject, please be respectful.

Is there anything specific the community would like us to address?

Moved to Vaping TV and Radio from Rebuildable Atomizer Systems

Thanks classwife!

doots

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2009
safe-list.com
This is crap! The Line...cloned. DiD....cloned. Provari...tried to clone. Everything is cloned!!!!! Why would Rip think he would be any different. Good Gravy! And I'm with the folks here that could no way justify $100+ on a fancy atty. The clones are not going to be his ruin......his reaction to all this will put people off. Just my humble opinion.....and thanks to all who run the coops!!!!

I have an Ac9 after waiting seemed like forever. It is a very nice atty but have many clones that perform just about as well and no wait.
They are nice if you want to wait but I dont like the release date stuff.. All this hype over an atty is crazy.. The ac9 is a well made atty but you can get plenty of satisfaction out of many diffferent mess type attys out there and available now.. and Cheaper I might add..

6pointprime

ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2010
NYC
I have an Ac9 after waiting seemed like forever. It is a very nice atty but have many clones that perform just about as well and no wait.
They are nice if you want to wait but I dont like the release date stuff.. All this hype over an atty is crazy.. The ac9 is a well made atty but you can get plenty of satisfaction out of many diffferent mess type attys out there and available now.. and Cheaper I might add..

Try to not gunk it up doots.

zippersnapper

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 18, 2012
I agree with all above. The AC9 clone is "e pluribus unum" and wasn't the first, wont be the last...
If your going to build a great MOD, be prepared to mass produce them as quickly as possible to maximize sales before the clones roll in, cause its going to happen.

Last week I was up late one night, clicked on ProVapes web sight, and what do I find? The Z-atty Pro for sale, in stock. Zero balance on the credit card, one click away from owning....I respectfully passed.

6pointprime

ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2010
NYC
Hi All,

Here is how you can access the upcoming program.

Click, Bang! airs live on Tuesday at 9PM EST. You can listen live on your computer at Listen Live – VP Radio Live or from your mobile device at VP-LIVE View

If you miss the live show, you will be able to listen to the replay on our Soundcloud page: VP Live's sounds on SoundCloud - Hear the world

If you have questions or comments, feel free to email them to me in advance. My email is clickbangradio at gmail

6pointprime

ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2010
NYC
Ill be tuning in for the 1st time here on the west coast 6pm is this a 2 or 3 hr show?

The format of the show is as follows:

No video, just audio.

The show is NSFW so please do not listen around children

The program is split into two halves. The first half is a talk radio format that lasts anywhere between 1 and 2 hours. There is a call in number so that anyone can come on the air with questions or comments. The second half is an FM style radio format called "afterhours" that lasts another 2-3 hours. It does include vapetalk but it's mostly about the music.

For replay listeners, the entire talk radio portion of the broadcast will be available, but I only include a portion of the music portion of the afterhours portion of the broadcast.

Hope to see you there!

Tonight on Click, Bang!

The AC9 Co-Op Blowup

My Guests will be Ken Walker from the fb Co-Op group, Chris from the ECF co-op group & Brent from Vapinaze.com

9PM EST

Listen Live – VP Radio Live

listen on your mobile device: VP-LIVE View

other show topics include...

Jason Jones and his experiences modding with The Nivel Chip Variable Wattage Power Regulation With A Brilliant One-Button User Interface Is Finally Available in the USA | The Nivel Chip

Juicy Vap0r Child Rape Allegations

A Modders Workshop In A Live Classroom?

Fun With The Mailbag

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread