The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

The SMOKtech AC9 Controversy - TUNE IN TUESDAY

Discussion in 'Vaping TV and Radio' started by victimdies, Feb 2, 2013.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. dirtyrigger

dirtyrigger Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 11, 2012
    Phoenix, AZ
    I'm gonna troll rip's YouTube now, i didn't like the guy to begin with but this is plain retarded.

2. mphsjeep

mphsjeep Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 19, 2010
    Memphis TN
    This is crap! The Line...cloned. DiD....cloned. Provari...tried to clone. Everything is cloned!!!!! Why would Rip think he would be any different. Good Gravy! And I'm with the folks here that could no way justify $100+ on a fancy atty. The clones are not going to be his ruin......his reaction to all this will put people off. Just my humble opinion.....and thanks to all who run the coops!!!!

3. classwife

classwife Admin Admin Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Moved to Vaping TV and Radio from Rebuildable Atomizer Systems

4. dhomes

dhomes Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 20, 2012
    Austin, TX
    All I know is I wish someone cloned the Kick. The circuitry there must be <$5 or $8 (TOPS)

then i'd have a bazillion +1 RBAs (before this thread I didn't even know about the AC9, not I'm DEFINITELY get a clone of one)

A ZAP though I do want Original. Kinda like Zen. I'm just holding for a second revision where I can align the wick to wherever I want it to.

The price of the originals is bad enough. But how many high quality original RBAs one needs?

I could afford, say, a ZAP, and have two or three AGA-T+ or similar around.

What I hate is the scarcity of the originals. On top of paying premium I have to go out of my way to get one? (and yeah, part of the premium comes from the scarcity. I wonder how much of that is intentional.)

5. foggdawg

foggdawg Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 2, 2011
    SF Bay Area
    I have an ody clone and love it. But now I want the real thing. I tried the DID clone before I bought the actual DID. That is mainly why I buy them. If I like them enough, I'll consider the real thing. Like what was said earlier: make these higher end devices more avaliable and there wouldn't be much concern about the clones. I see the Zen RBA's are becoming more avaliable. I for one hate this release date crap. Stand by to stand by. Ready..set..go...oops sold out...give me a break.

6. 6pointprime

6pointprime Super Member ECF Veteran

Aug 22, 2010
    NYC

Thanks classwife!

7. doots

doots Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 22, 2009
    I have an Ac9 after waiting seemed like forever. It is a very nice atty but have many clones that perform just about as well and no wait.
    They are nice if you want to wait but I dont like the release date stuff.. All this hype over an atty is crazy.. The ac9 is a well made atty but you can get plenty of satisfaction out of many diffferent mess type attys out there and available now.. and Cheaper I might add..

8. 6pointprime

Aug 22, 2010
    NYC
    Try to not gunk it up doots.

9. 6pointprime

Aug 22, 2010
    NYC
    I did not write that. Please delete.

10. zippersnapper

zippersnapper Moved On ECF Veteran

Mar 18, 2012
    I agree with all above. The AC9 clone is "e pluribus unum" and wasn't the first, wont be the last...
    If your going to build a great MOD, be prepared to mass produce them as quickly as possible to maximize sales before the clones roll in, cause its going to happen.

Last week I was up late one night, clicked on ProVapes web sight, and what do I find? The Z-atty Pro for sale, in stock. Zero balance on the credit card, one click away from owning....I respectfully passed.

11. mphsjeep

Apr 19, 2010
    Memphis TN
    So did Rip accept the invitation??...................:p

12. Railrust

Railrust Moved On ECF Veteran

Nov 6, 2012
    I must admit that I did and Im using a DID mini clone and love it. It is better than the AGA T2 imo. T2 looks a whole lot better but the DID is GREAT!

13. 6pointprime

Aug 22, 2010
    NYC
    Hi All,

Here is how you can access the upcoming program.

Click, Bang! airs live on Tuesday at 9PM EST. You can listen live on your computer at Listen Live – VP Radio Live or from your mobile device at VP-LIVE View

If you miss the live show, you will be able to listen to the replay on our Soundcloud page: VP Live's sounds on SoundCloud - Hear the world

If you have questions or comments, feel free to email them to me in advance. My email is clickbangradio at gmail

14. williebb123

williebb123 Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Ill be tuning in for the 1st time here on the west coast 6pm is this a 2 or 3 hr show?

15. 6pointprime

Aug 22, 2010
    NYC
    The format of the show is as follows:

No video, just audio.

The show is NSFW so please do not listen around children

The program is split into two halves. The first half is a talk radio format that lasts anywhere between 1 and 2 hours. There is a call in number so that anyone can come on the air with questions or comments. The second half is an FM style radio format called "afterhours" that lasts another 2-3 hours. It does include vapetalk but it's mostly about the music.

For replay listeners, the entire talk radio portion of the broadcast will be available, but I only include a portion of the music portion of the afterhours portion of the broadcast.

Hope to see you there!

Tonight on Click, Bang!

The AC9 Co-Op Blowup

My Guests will be Ken Walker from the fb Co-Op group, Chris from the ECF co-op group & Brent from Vapinaze.com

9PM EST

Listen Live – VP Radio Live

listen on your mobile device: VP-LIVE View

other show topics include...

Jason Jones and his experiences modding with The Nivel Chip Variable Wattage Power Regulation With A Brilliant One-Button User Interface Is Finally Available in the USA | The Nivel Chip

Juicy Vap0r Child Rape Allegations

A Modders Workshop In A Live Classroom?

Fun With The Mailbag

16. mphsjeep

Apr 19, 2010
    Memphis TN
  17. 6pointprime

Aug 22, 2010
    NYC
    He was invited, though I did not get a response. Anyone can call in at anytime so who knows, maybe he will.

18. mphsjeep

Apr 19, 2010
    Memphis TN
    Good show tonight..........

19. williebb123

williebb123 Ultra Member ECF Veteran

enjoyed the show will have to do that again

20. unirevolt

unirevolt Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Aug 9, 2011
    MD
    Yeah, and good music too. First time listener - thanks for helping me stay up way later than I'd wanted too. :D

Can I not get in on the chat without having a fb or twit acct?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.