The SMOKtech AC9 Controversy - TUNE IN TUESDAY

Status
Not open for further replies.

kevbow

Unregistered Supplier
May 27, 2009
CT
teatimeliquid.com
Yeah, and good music too. First time listener - thanks for helping me stay up way later than I'd wanted too. :D

Can I not get in on the chat without having a fb or twit acct?
If you don't have a fb or twit account you can register for the site. Once you log in and go to the show page it will automatically log you into the chat room.

6pointprime

ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2010
NYC
The replay of last night's episode of Click, Bang! is up

The AC9 Co-Op Blowup

streaming: The AC9 Co-Op Blowup by VP Live on SoundCloud - Hear the world

iTunes podcast download: http://itun.es/i6J23Mw

direct mp3 download link: http://soundcloud.com/vp-live/the-ac9-co-op-blowup/download

The AC9 Co-Op Blowup - we speak with Brad from Vapinaze.com as well as Chris from ECF and Ken from Facebook about what happened with the co-op. A bunch of vapers called in…it was rough at times, other times civil. A very interesting discussion with many community members about co-ops, China, and cloning.

We spoke with Jason from Welcome to Vapor-Mania.com! about his experiences modding with The Nivel Chip (Variable Wattage Power Regulation With A Brilliant One-Button User Interface Is Finally Available in the USA | The Nivel Chip). He offered to sell people custom made mods using The Nivel Chip, you can email him at jason@vapor-mania.com for details on how to get started

Fun With The Mailbag

Happy Black History Month! - Obama refuses to try vaping

A Modders Workshop In A Live Classroom?

Juicy Vap0r Child Rape Allegations

Nonsense during After-Hours

NSFW

rcbell.N51

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 6, 2012
Minnesota
I also have a hard time time justifying the price to own some of these products. I will, almost every time, buy a clone in order to determine whether or not I want the real deal.

Haven't listened to the show yet, and maybe it was covered, but I find it mildly amusing that essentially every genesis on the market is, at the very least, an evolution of Raidy's work. Raidy's wishes for his IP was that it was to be open to the masses and not to be sold for profit by anyone. I find it hard to believe that anyone would have a leg to stand on, legally, in light of that.

Sorry, just gave a listen and I guess my point was covered in the program. Nothing to see here folks. Move along.

Last edited:

mrfixit

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Akron, Ohio
Here we go again folks. First of all the geninsess style attys are all basically the same design they generally set up and work the same. Performance of these units is dependent on the ability of the user to make a good wick and coil. For the makers of the AC-9 to say that their (geninsess style atty) is unique or extra special is ridiculous. It looks just like any of the other quoted high end devices on the market. The fact that you machine something in the USA and put a $100+ price on it doesn't make different than a clone from over seas except for the price. True you might get better quality control from ones made here and in some cases better materials. The fact is they are all the same and I'll say it again user skill.dependent.Is the AC-9 worth $139+ I don't know but it does seem pretty for just an atomizer tank unit. For these guys to go after a group of people who are looking to buy something similar at a reduced price is just plain wrong. They claim they like helping the vapping community how does this help? I've said this before also it is all about money and this current situation is no different. So now we are going to be sued for looking for and buying cheaper version or a product that's been on the market for long time already? What next being attacked over vapping techniques? China can't make this stuff fast enough for me. The more competition we have the better off we are as consumers.

Railrust

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2012
All I know is I wish someone cloned the Kick. The circuitry there must be <$5 or $8 (TOPS)

then i'd have a bazillion +1 RBAs (before this thread I didn't even know about the AC9, not I'm DEFINITELY get a clone of one)

A ZAP though I do want Original. Kinda like Zen. I'm just holding for a second revision where I can align the wick to wherever I want it to.

The price of the originals is bad enough. But how many high quality original RBAs one needs?

I could afford, say, a ZAP, and have two or three AGA-T+ or similar around.

What I hate is the scarcity of the originals. On top of paying premium I have to go out of my way to get one? (and yeah, part of the premium comes from the scarcity. I wonder how much of that is intentional.)

At the moment my AGA T is working better then my AC9. I have only been working on my AC9 for 2 weeks. I love the way the AC9 looks and how it is built. I also have a DID MINI clone working as well as the AC9. Someone has already said this but its how you coil it and how good your wick is.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Xylocaine

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Although I feel that products made in the USA will be undoubtedly higher quality material, maybe even better QC but when it comes down to buying something for 20$ that Acts, Functions, Looks and Is Made of similar materials as something that costs 130-500$, I'm sorry but I will go with the clone every time. Sometimes the clones even have improvements (As blasphemous as this may sound!) I have a Phoenix Clone. It wasn't horrendously cheaper than the Phoenix itself but it looks so much better than the exhaust pipe look that the Phoenix has.

Had I a million dollars? I'd totally buy me all USA made, latest and greatest American mods, I'd still buy cloned Attys first. Short of very small imperfections in a Clone (which could also exist in an 'Original') they look exactly the same. They are made of virtually the same materials. You slap two gaskets on a piece of Pyrex glass, a stainless steel bottom piece with a threaded pin in the center and a 510 connector. Slap on a top piece with a hole for the wick, a few nuts (and rubber bit) for the top cap, a hole for the wick, a negative post screw and a fill hole. Its all stainless steel. Its Pyrex brand glass. I've seen dozens of these things with all different names! Someone please tell me whats so different?

We should all be glad that we get to experience these marvels in technology that improve our lives, health, wallet and vaping experience. Whats more during the bad period of Boges I was getting before I switched to my Phoenix Clone, I was getting very upset with vaping in general spending 8$ on a box of Cartos and getting 2-4 useable was really starting to turn me off. I got my Phoenix in and it only improved with my skill - not the materials it was made of. I now rock an Aga-T+ on my Vamo and my Phoenix on my iSeason - two things I'd never thought I would own until I bought a clone.

I have three kids, a fiance and a slew of animals ranging from cats to bearded dragons and things in-between. Some months my vaping budget is as low as 20$ - This month, an IGO-L (pretty sure this is a clone of something as well). We need to keep looking at the big picture, this is all about getting people of coffin nails - and the fact is if you have an inkling of patience and a little bit of a time and your vaping budget is so tight that cartos aren't going to cut it, a cloned RBA can be the difference between giving up and going back or finding yourself being able to vape for pennies a month.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread