The Stingray X. I know what I'm saving for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

treehead

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2014
Anchorage, AK, USA
gMQeW9m.jpg

Isn't she purdy? Nah from what I've understood this is one of those "aquired tastes" mods, as I've seen alot of ...'s on the boards about this mechanical from Stingray X from JD Tech. To each his own.

For me though, as a guy who can't decide which he wants more (copper performance, over stainless looks), this is absolutely a perfect mod. It may not have the voltage drop of a pure copper, but it's a start. Not to mention the top and bottom cap (basically the entire inner body) are also pure copper, so there's really no stainless "getting in the way" for conductivity. But forget that! It's beautiful! And if your a JD Tech fan like myself, it's a new Stingray for crying out loud.

I'm almost positive it'll be great, because that's all I've ever gotten from the JD team. The huge silver plated (copper) contacts always bring out top of the line voltage drop (especially in my red copper Stingray .07 at 1ohm), so good performance, along with these even better looks. It's unique too, the first of it's kind as far as I know, my wallet's going to be hurting real soon. It's $220, so I'll definitely save for a while.

Here's Todd's review.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread