THE STORY BEHIND THE WORLD’S FIRST ANTIBACTERIAL VAPE PEN

Status
Not open for further replies.

UPENDS_Sampson

Unregistered Supplier
May 8, 2020
www.upends.com
Why did we at UPENDS decide that a vaping solution with antibacterial properties was important?

A recent quote from UK academic Dr Suzi Gage has highlighted this particular issue, focusing on the potential for vape mouthpieces to become a breeding-ground for bacteria.

20200609190018_grande.png

According to our research, antibacterial technology has been adopted and well accepted in many other products that we humans have close contact with, especially the hands and mouth. As we know, vaporizers always have frequent and direct contact with our mouths. However, until now no brands have tried to introduce this technology into vaporizers To solve this problem, we decided to introduce antibacterial technology into our product Uppen.

Our R&D team were able to draw on over extensive experience in the e-cigarette sector and turned all efforts to tackling this challenge.
To address the antibacterial process, we naturally turned to silver ion. The antimicrobial properties of silver have been known about for centuries; currently, silver and silver nanoparticles are widely used in items for the medical and food industries.
15914288147086_3_1_1024x1024.jpg

Today's innovative Uppen mouthpiece is the result of months of careful research, development and independent testing.

It is manufactured from a food-grade plastic material with nanometric silver incorporated, and has been laboratory testedagainst three common bacteria (Escherichia coli, Staphylococcus aureus and Candida albicans). The tests showed that the antibacterial rate within 24 hours was over 99.9%.

With its ability to significantly reduce the risk of bacterial contamination or infection in daily use, this breakthrough in vaping technology provides users with a little extra peace of mind.

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
Can you explain what “antibacterial rate“ is and how it’s calculated? Also what was the antibacterial rate with your control group? I’m curious because I’ve read PG has antibacterial properties, so I wonder how much bacteria can propagate in an environment being constantly bombarded with PG of various concentrations.

UPENDS_Sampson

Unregistered Supplier
May 8, 2020
www.upends.com
Can you explain what “antibacterial rate“ is and how it’s calculated? Also what was the antibacterial rate with your control group? I’m curious because I’ve read PG has antibacterial properties, so I wonder how much bacteria can propagate in an environment being constantly bombarded with PG of various concentrations.
Good Question! Similar questions have been asked before. May be you can get answer at Uppen: World's First Antibacterial Vape Pen.;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread