The strangest thing is happing to my PV!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

thegrindre

ECF Veteran
Apr 26, 2011
Central Arkansas
allricksstuff.com
Hi all,
Got an issue here I don't understand. My auto battery 'goes off' all by itself and vapes on its own. What's causing this anomaly???
After filling up my cart then starting to vape, my auto batt will auto itself on about every 10-15 seconds and vape itself dead.
If I remove the atty from the batt, the batt still continues turning itself on and off. And, let me tell you, that atty almost burns my fingers. LOL
What's up here?

Thanks,

Last edited:

fray

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2011
arkansas
www.ejoose.com
I have heard of autos going off by themselves in high noise areas because they basically use a microphone to hear the draw.

Another thing it could be is you got juice inside of it and it shorted it. Take the tip off the end, take your atty or carto off the other end and blow towards the atty connection onto a paper towel. If you get a drop of juice that could be your problem

Or it's something else

fray

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2011
arkansas
www.ejoose.com
Noise? I thought they were pressure triggered, not noise. I've used them in environments loud enough to damage hearing without protection. Check for any obstruction as suggested, pop the plastic decorative tip off and blow it out. Hrmm. -Magnus

Some may be pressure sensitive, but the crappy kit I bought before I knew better had a small microphone. I know this because I took them apart to see how it worked.

A pressure switch would be may better IMO

thegrindre

ECF Veteran
Apr 26, 2011
Central Arkansas
allricksstuff.com
Thanks, guys but, I know it's not a noise issue. It's dead silent around this apartment. LOL You could hear a pin drop in the whole building. I live in a retirement complex and we're all old farts that don't make any noise. I think most of us are sleeping most of the time anyway. LOLOLOL
Oh, BTW, I have 4 identical batts and this is the only one acting up.

want to quit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 26, 2011
Germany/ Atlanta, GA
I am the last person that can offer help since I know how to vape but have no clue about technical stuff but I like to use Bloog products with an automatic battery and I noticed that when I hold the e-cig in my mouth and exhale to breath and therefore exhale into the battery (since its in my mouth) that afterwards my e-cig will fire by itself for no reason at all. I had 2 auto bats with the same issue always AFTER I exhaled into the battery.

Doubt this will help but still wish you the best of luck.

thegrindre

ECF Veteran
Apr 26, 2011
Central Arkansas
allricksstuff.com
OK, guys, I popped off the cap and blew. Nothing, there is no airflow through this housing. It's filled solid with the batt and epoxy, I'm guessing.
I do believe that Fray was right, though. It does appear that there was too much juice or moisture and it has 'shorted' it out. I'll let it dry out for a few days before I use it again.

Thanks,

StormFinch

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2010
Arkansas
Yep, definitely a juice in the components thing. After it's discharged all the way, try soaking the carto end in 91% rubbing alcohol overnight, then dry it off and allow it to air dry or bury it in some uncooked rice for a day or so. You have to be extremely careful about overfilling with an auto, plus vigilant about wiping the threads regularly. Even then you can sometimes get juice where it doesn't belong. Like others, I went manual and never looked back.

Last edited:

Debian Dog

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 10, 2011
VA
XoomFAQ.com
Lost my eGo. Looked everywhere. Tore the house apart. Accused the roommate of "accidentally" taking it. Bought another battery and cone to replace it as she firmly denied any such actions. More than a week passes and I kind of "let it go" :( Just found the darn thing in my robe pocket with a charge and carto still on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread