Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
I got mine today! First off, I can't take pics right now, so I will just post the vendor's pics. What I can say is that although the top cap is kinda too tight around the inner cap to easily adjust the airflow, this things is SUPER DUPER easy to build on. The two-post build deck is just as easy (if not easier) than the Magma. It's actually easier than the Magma becasue the post holes are perfectly aligned. Speaking about how mine is, these are some notes:

Flavor is really good.
Conical chamber.
Vapor is good.
Nice draw no matter how you have the airflow open (but it's not easy -- at least on mine -- to adjust).
Since the holes are higher up than, say, The Derringer, it's less prone to leaking.
Nice sized slots {section removed at the request of the OP}.
Deep juice well.
Machining is decent and the tolerances are fair-good.
Looks really good.
Short profile, but not so short it's difficult to work with.
The build is a pleasure! I built it while I was standing up watching my little girl play!
Price is, well, it's barely under $100 (I got mine in a FB group buy though). Kinda expensive especially when you factor in the drip tip cost (should you decide to buy one -- which I did.)

STUM00-2.jpg

In the inevitable event of a "clone" coming out, I respectfully ask that another thread be made for it or questions be directed elsewhere (if this thread is even still kicking then). This thread is about The Stumpy by Element Mods and conversations that stem from it -- but not about clones of it. Sorry. But no shade thrown to what you do or what you buy. Okay?

Last edited by a moderator:

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
Awesome ! Thanks Mr. Mann. :toast:

As you can see, it's slotted posts with socket head screws (should be fine for your ribbon). @Jimi D., when I say I built this thing while I was standing up, I am not joking. It took seriously no effort. That is such a huge benefit! No fumbling. No center post builds.

Last edited:

MrNobody

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 16, 2015
I was strongly considering getting one of these, simply for the derringer form factor and the two post design. How's the flavor compared to the derringer and would you say it's worth the $100? I got an authentic bambino on the way, to replace my derringer because I'm getting tired of it. Have you used the Bambino and can give a comparison to that as well?

Reactions: XBarbarian

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
I was strongly considering getting one of these, simply for the derringer form factor and the two post design. How's the flavor compared to the derringer and would you say it's worth the $100? I got an authentic bambino on the way, to replace my derringer because I'm getting tired of it. Have you used the Bambino and can give a comparison to that as well?

Sorry. No Derringer (V1.2 seems to have issues, and I can't find a v1) and No Bambino (I can't find one). I've used a Derringer and I thought it tasted great, but far too hot for me and I would not want to build on it (at least all the time). I do have the REMatty (but who wants to build on that? The flavor on it is spectacular though). The flavor here is really good (bordering on great) and with the little bit of space that you wouldn't have in The Derringer, it makes building on it easy -- and obviously the two-post design makes it a snap. I built it so quickly that I've just been rockin' my first build, so I can't comment on what's been the best for me. I have mine at ~.3Ω using 24 gauge Kanthal using a 3/32 drill bit (I can't remember my wrap count).

Is it worth the money? Hmmm...I'd be lying if I said I thought it was. But I am happy (for now) I bought it. To be honest, I don't think many of these RDAs are worth the money. The Vector, now that is worth the money, primarily becasue of how well it's built and that you can get it for ~$50. I do not think The Stumpy is worth close to 2 Vectors. The question really is that is this design elsewhere? If this type of thing is what you want, go to the source. If you have zero problems with 3 post designs, maybe not. I didn't know how much I longed for a two-post build deck like this.

Maybe I'll send this to my pal @HeiSINberg to build on since he has had those other similar atties.

p.s. Sorry if that was absolutely of no help to you.

Last edited:

MrNobody

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 16, 2015
Sorry. No Derringer (V1.2 seems to have issues, and I can't find a v1) and No Bambino (I can't find one). I've used a Derringer and I thought it tasted great, but far too hot for me and I would not want to build on it (at least all the time). I do have the REMatty (but who wants to build on that? The flavor on it is spectacular though). The flavor here is really good (bordering on great) and with the little bit of space that you wouldn't have in The Derringer, it makes building on it easy -- and obviously the two-post design makes it a snap. I built it so quickly that I've just been rockin' my first build, so I can't comment on what's been the best for me. I have mine at ~.3Ω using 24 gauge Kanthal using a 3/32 drill bit (I can't remember my wrap count).

Is it worth the money? Hmmm...I'd be lying if I said I thought it was. But I am happy (for now) I bought it. To be honest, I don't think many of these RDAs are worth the money. The Vector, now that is worth the money, primarily becasue of how well it's built and that you can get it for ~$50. I do not think The Stumpy is worth close to 2 Vectors. The question really is that is this design elsewhere? If this type of thing is what you want, go to the source. If you have zero problems with 3 post designs, maybe not. I didn't know how much I longed for a two-post build deck like this.

Maybe I'll send this to my pal @HeiSINberg to build on since he has had those other similar atties.

p.s. Sorry if that was absolutely of no help to you.
Entirely helpful, thanks and luckily based on the amazing reviews here I should have my vector later on this week. Also, there is a v3 Derringer out but can be a chore to build on (primarily use twisted 26g)and while I love the derringer I'm tired of juice running down my mod after so much as a drop to much, and I may be wrong but I thing most of the flavor comes from all the juice that gets in your mouth.

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
My first vape of The Stubby was Spit City! But that was just the first vape. So far it's been a really pleasant, moist -- but not wet -- inhale. I don't know if it's my build, the placement of the coils, the wicking or something inherent to the atty? Dunno. But it's nice. The REMatty has me spitting the spit-back in the sink far too often. I imagine that's how the Derringer is. Maybe?

Edit: @Mr.Nobody, Have you thought about a Mini Gun top cap for your Derringer? It's supposed to virtually eliminate spit-back, and IMO it looks suhweeeeeeet!

Last edited:

MrNobody

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 16, 2015
I am really enjoying the vape on this! I am liking the vape much more than The REMatty with a similar build in it (and even more than The Vector with a similar build).
How hot is it getting, I really like my vapes hot (80+w) and one thing with the derringer my drip gets rather hot (trinity copa) after chain vaping.

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
How hot is it getting, I really like my vapes hot (80+w) and one thing with the derringer my drip gets rather hot (trinity copa) after chain vaping.

I would expect a similar outcome. Mine is just at .4Ω and 40 watts and that is plenty warm for me. What I have leaned so far is that with my build, the best thing to do after re-dripping is to kinda take easy hits. After the first two or so hits, it's not spitty. Just an FYI since your spit-back would likely be very hot spit!

3,2,1..incoming...(Check your inbox)

inswva

Do you even squonk, bro?
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2014
I'll be receiving a bottomfed Stumpy in the near future. I'm really looking forward to it. I'll likely use it on my SX350J bottomfeeder with nickel builds. I've been through some of the short 22mm attys lately, all bottomfed of course, and nothing has dethroned my Derringers yet. I've recently owned a Rogue, REMatty, and Vector. Of those, the Vector is the only one I've kept. I hated the Rogue and REMatty - I'm actually not super crazy about the Vector. Maybe top air just isn't my thing. I suspect I will love the Stumpy.

jhhollier

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 3, 2014
I'll be receiving a bottomfed Stumpy in the near future. I'm really looking forward to it. I'll likely use it on my SX350J bottomfeeder with nickel builds. I've been through some of the short 22mm attys lately, all bottomfed of course, and nothing has dethroned my Derringers yet. I've recently owned a Rogue, REMatty, and Vector. Of those, the Vector is the only one I've kept. I hated the Rogue and REMatty - I'm actually not super crazy about the Vector. Maybe top air just isn't my thing. I suspect I will love the Stumpy.
Yeah I'm regretting getting a BF Rogue and REMatty. I listened to people in the Chowder thread and got both but I'd have been happier with a Derringer. A lot of the people in that thread also hate the Odin for some reason but i love it.

Getting back on topic, the Stumpy seems intriguing but after getting those two p!us a Vector I don't feel like dropping the cash right now.

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
Is it me, or RDA users often sometimes the most fickle vapers? What I mean is, it seems like every two weeks I can move on from the previous atty -- and occasionally one stands the test of time. I am not saying that all of the sudden I don't still really like my Vector (my previous purchase), but I haven't even touched it since I got The Stumpy rockin'. It actually reminds me of how I was as a young man. LOL. Maybe that's a different situation? :sneaky: On to the next one. :laugh:

jhhollier

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 3, 2014
Mr. Mann I understand completely. I was buying a lot of new attys because... Well they're all new and shiny and interesting! Trouble is I didn't pay attention to their features and ended up with a lot of attys that don't fit with my vaping preference. Now I'm trying to be more selective. I'm only really interested in the Derringer V2 (whenever that's coming out) and the Aeolus V2 Pro.

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
With new atty's coming out, it seems weekly, it's easy to want to move on to the newest shiny thing. I Saw the stumpy on ig, but didn't want to spend the $. However I am fighting the urge to get the new indestructible atty.

But it's only $50 for The Indestructible. Go ahead. You know you want to. LOL.

BTW, what's up?!

Mr. Mann I understand completely. I was buying a lot of new attys because... Well they're all new and shiny and interesting! Trouble is I didn't pay attention to their features and ended up with a lot of attys that don't fit with my vaping preference. Now I'm trying to be more selective. I'm only really interested in the Derringer V2 (whenever that's coming out) and the Aeolus V2 Pro.

The Derringer v3 is out (I found out I think form this thread or my Vector thread). I got an Aeolus v2 coming form a pre-order (pre-orders taste like vomit!). It's the regular Aeolus v2, not a Pro. Didn't even know they had one of those?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread