Status
Not open for further replies.

aikanae1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2013
az
Currently I'm using a nautilus with 1.7 coil on a variety of mods (Zmax/Provari). Generally I vape max VG and avoid a lot of throat hit, preferring smoother vapes. With that said, I'm also the key buyer for about 5 other vapers which means what I like doesn't always rule.

Can someone attempt to explain to me how much of a difference it makes before I decide to invest in some new gear?
I have to be cautious about shineyitus attacks but there are still dual users here so if it makes a difference, it could be worth it.

This is the golden age of vaping. :vapor:

jimbob200521

Dec 18, 2014
Sterling, Illinois
I would say there is a big enough difference to upgrade. I started with Genitanks, Aerotanks, Protanks, Nautilus Mini's, etc. All were fine and dandy for what they were, but once I stepped up to the much talked about Subtank Mini, I haven't looked back. I occasionally puff on an ol' trusty Genitank on an iStick 20 and it's decent, but not the same. Denser vape, more capacity, and much....MUCH better flavor. That's just my two cents.

vincom

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Philippines
Currently I'm using a Nautilus with 1.7 coil on a variety of mods (Zmax/Provari). Generally I vape max VG and avoid a lot of throat hit, preferring smoother vapes. With that said, I'm also the key buyer for about 5 other vapers which means what I like doesn't always rule.

Can someone attempt to explain to me how much of a difference it makes before I decide to invest in some new gear?
I have to be cautious about shineyitus attacks but there are still dual users here so if it makes a difference, it could be worth it.

nm about subohming for now, just buy a better tank like the subtank.
i have 2 the nautilus's, i used to luv it but now i dont.
the subtank at 1.2, 0.5 ohms or whatever is way better the the nautilus, the nautilus has past its time imo.
the subtanks, deltas, lemos. atlantis, etc(too many to name, read about them) are the new atty's in town

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
Currently I'm using a Nautilus with 1.7 coil on a variety of mods (Zmax/Provari). Generally I vape max VG and avoid a lot of throat hit, preferring smoother vapes. With that said, I'm also the key buyer for about 5 other vapers which means what I like doesn't always rule.

Before the new high powered mods developed, the way higher power vaping was done on a 4 volt battery, is by using big coils with low ohms, lower than 1 ohm, drawing high amps such as 10 and 20 amps from the battery directly to the coil.

Nowadays with the new higher powered mods- 50 w, 100watt, 150watts, there is no longer a need to go as low to achieve high power.

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
This is a question I wished I'd asked before going to dual coils because I wasn't that impressed - esp considering how much more juice they use.

How much more juice does the subtank use?

The amount of juice vaped is directly proportional to the wattage used.
If you double the wattage, you double the juice consumption.

On the subtank you can use the optional rba head and wrap a 1.7 ohm 32 gauge coil and vape it like your nautilus.

vincom

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Philippines
This is a question I wished I'd asked before going to dual coils because I wasn't that impressed - esp considering how much more juice they use.

How much more juice does the subtank use?

for me, i chainvape, more juice because its ten times better than the nautilus, hence i vape more which = more juice which = i diy my own juice.
ymmv

Hitmetwice

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 18, 2012
Ontario
Type of gear aside there were changes that I had to make, both in liquids and vaping style.
No one has to agree with the changes I made, but it's working and I'm getting the most satisfying vape I've ever experienced.....

CHANGE....

1. Had to learn mouth to lung inhales when I started vaping. Needed to learn direct drawing all over again.
Couldn't get enough air over the coils fast enough without doing this. Vape was too hot without
doing this

2. Was used to poor airflow and sucking like I was trying to pull a golfball through a garden hose.
Needed to get used to wide open air and faster/shorter pulls. (lung pulls)
A very wide bore drip tip helped with this.

3. Due to the higher power and more liquid being vaporized all my liquid was too high in nic.
Some was too high in flavour and tasted bad. Solved both these issues by diluting my liquid 100%
with pg. Ended up with 800ml of diy from the 400ml. initial amount.

For me these were changes that HAD to be made. YMMV. Cheers.:vapor::vapor:

Edit. Using 0.5ohm BVC coils on atlantis and ego one tanks. 25-35watts

Last edited:

aikanae1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2013
az
Type of gear aside there were changes that I had to make, both in liquids and vaping style.
No one has to agree with the changes I made, but it's working and I'm getting the most satisfying vape I've ever experienced.....

CHANGE....

1. Had to learn mouth to lung inhales when I started vaping. Needed to learn direct drawing all over again.
Couldn't get enough air over the coils fast enough without doing this. Vape was too hot without
doing this

2. Was used to poor airflow and sucking like I was trying to pull a golfball through a garden hose.
Needed to get used to wide open air and faster/shorter pulls. (lung pulls)
A very wide bore drip tip helped with this.

3. Due to the higher power and more liquid being vaporized all my liquid was too high in nic.
Some was too high in flavour and tasted bad. Solved both these issues by diluting my liquid 100%
with pg. Ended up with 800ml of diy from the 400ml. initial amount.

For me these were changes that HAD to be made. YMMV. Cheers.:vapor::vapor:

Edit. Using 0.5ohm BVC coils on atlantis and ego one tanks. 25-35watts

Thank you. I think I'm getting a better understanding now. I knew higher power/lower resistance changed the vape quality but it's hard to imagine without the experience or even know what to ask.

I assume it's more satisfying as far as cravings go?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread