The suburbs of Reoville.

Status
Not open for further replies.

K31Scout

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2014
Northern MI USA
My favorite REO is my TRA, ( now sanded) Grand with a used fully darkened copper vein door. It was an oldie with the squarish corners on the back, so I took some sand paper and re-radiused the edges to be more like the newer Grands. Then sent it off to Rob for a haircut and an adjustable 510...I wouldn't trade it for the world, I just love that thing more than any other mod I have.

A couple years back there was a guy that sanded finger grooves in his TRA and it looked really good. I'd like to try that someday. It would take a while to surf through the archives to find that post and even then the pics might be gone.

I'm getting so I like the Stumpy nearly as well. I have a pretty simple build on both of the Stumpys. 24g kanthal, 2.5mm diameter, 6 wrap, single centered coil. They ohm out at about .5 ohms.
On the Thumps, I run dual 26g, 2mm coils, 6 1/2 wraps. About .4 ohms.

You vape a little warmer than me and my comfort zone is right at .8ohms. Any higher and I wonder if my battery is even firing although there's still lots of vapor.

Reactions: ENAUD

Rule62

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2011
Melbourne, Florida
You vape a little warmer than me and my comfort zone is right at .8ohms. Any higher and I wonder if my battery is even firing although there's still lots of vapor.

It's really not that hot. I'm about mid range, as far as Heat Flux. It's not just about the ohms, it's also about the wire gauge. The 24g single coil provides a nice warm vape.

K31Scout

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2014
Northern MI USA
Well I built a 28g dual coil 4 wraps on a 5/64" (almost 2mm) drill bit and came out at .5 ohms. According to Steam Engine it's a shade warmer than what I was using but not too bad. I really need a USA meter and I'm relying on my old MVP regulated mod to check ohms. Gotta pay attention to my squonking when I limbo this low.:)

supertrunker

Living sarcasm
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 12, 2012
Texas
A couple years back there was a guy that sanded finger grooves in his TRA and it looked really good. I'd like to try that someday. It would take a while to surf through the archives to find that post and even then the pics might be gone.

River Nut did it in the bottom feeders thread:
Thanks again for the button inspiration Capt'.
This guy is going back to work :)

T

Robinowitz

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2013
No. Cal.
Kanger has come out with a starter Squonk box, could be more work for Rob down the road. My son told me about it, I think he's going to try it out... Check out this review.

No interest here: made in China, by children, built to break.....

Rule62

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2011
Melbourne, Florida
Like any new device, it's a double edged sword. If it works well, it could push squonking into the mainstream. If it doesn't, it may turn off new people to squonking, who might have pursued it further, had they been introduced to better equipment. Time will tell.
I know I won't be buying one. I have no reason to.

muzichead

Resident Knucklehead
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2011
Illinois
So I guess this happened last night in another forum on ECF and it pains me that misinformation like this gets spread...

The web site is still going, and he's there to repair, and whatever else you need ... but he's done with making any more Reo's for now (unless he changes his mind later).
He's going to make guitars now:thumbs:
I can't get the quote feature on Rob's post because the Reo forum is closed, but I will just copy and paste the context here...

"I am not going out of business but I am slowing down . I will still be selling mods doing repairs no worries on that front . If you need to contact me you can email me anytime . I have given up many things in life to run this business . I am ready to semi retire and work on some other projects . I no this is going to bother some people its not my intent . I have met lots of great people here on ecf some will be my friends forever . Ecf has been good to me I am a big fan of ecf . I am down sizing it will be only me running the shop shortly . I thought it was only fair I didn't want you to show up and find the forum gone with no warning ."

and here is a link to said post... Closing the forum

"There was a time years ago I was definitely a big help to many people that couldn't quit smoking without a device like a reo . Of course that is not the case any more and lets not forget I am still making mods just not as many."

and here is a link to said post... Closing the forum

It is true that Rob is going to take some time in his semi-retirement and will be using said time to create a new guitar, but he is not done making Reo's at all, as he pointed out in his last thread...

Just taking a moment to set the record straight was all.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread