The test reports for the next four chargers have been made public

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mooch

Electron Wrangler
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • May 13, 2015
    These were tested a month ago and the results posted for my (Patreon) patrons. After 30 days the results are made public.
    • Nitecore Intellicharger i2
    • Nitecore Intellicharger i8
    • Opus BT-C3400 (V3.1)
    • SkyRC MC-3000 (FW1.14, HW>V1.13, PCB-V2.3)
    Links to all the test reports are here:
    Charger Test Reports | E-Cigarette Forum

I do not test all of the charger’s features! I only test the ones for Li-Ion batteries as that is what we use and testing each set of two chargers already takes 3-5 days. I also do not go through every possible programming and setup feature for the full-featured analyzing chargers like the SkyRC MC-3000.

I do test the charging voltage accuracy, charging current accuracy, internal resistance measurement accuracy, capacity measurement accuracy, temperature sensing accuracy, overtemperature shutdown protection, reversed-polarity protection, USB port voltages and power output, what size batteries fit, voltage display accuracy, if it “activates” overdischarged batteries, and the maximum temperatures for the battery, charger case, internal components, and the AC adapter (if used).

I also do drops tests to check durability and I examine the charger internally to check for heating damage, sloppy soldering, inadequately specified components, and look for any obvious safety and reliability-related issues.

Lastly, I do a 12-16 hour torture test by running the charger continuously at its maximum charge rates for all the slots. Discharge too, if available. I record the maximum case and internal temperatures and examine the internal components for heat damage. This is to simulate a hard day’s use in a shop or when a vendor might be testing samples of incoming shipments. If the charger does not shut itself down to prevent overtemperature damage then it must not allow the charger to get too hot or allow any damage to occur.

PLEASE READ:
    • I don’t have any chargers to recommend yet. I need to test more of them first.
    • I have only tested the chargers listed at the link above.
    • I do not know how well any chargers perform that I have not tested.
    • Here are the manufacturer’s charging current specs from the datasheets for some batteries: Battery Charge Current Ratings Table | E-Cigarette ForumIf your battery is not listed there you will need to contact the manufacturer or the company that wrapped that battery.
    • Here is a link for charger test reports (LOTS of battery tests too) from a fantastic tester: Round cell charger index
    • NO CHARGER IS EVER “SAFE”! Any electronic device can fail at any time. Always charge on a non-flammable surface and only when you are around and awake.
    • Always check the condition of your plastic battery wraps and top ring insulators before and after charging. Never use or charge a battery unless its wrap and insulator are in PERFECT condition.
    I want to work for the vaping community full time! If you feel what I do is worth a couple dollars a month and you would like early access to battery availability, battery and charger testing and news, and a say in what I test, then please consider becoming a patron and supporting my testing efforts: Battery Mooch is creating battery tests and educating vapers | Patreon.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread