Not open for further replies.

bmwjen

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2011
worldwide
vapehouston.com
So insane......I took 3 mods to Vegas & brought back 5.
Leaving Houston Intercontinental the Alpha Ultramax, complete with case,manual, business card, and batteries out & taped, I was detained so that the Houston TSA agents could tear through my purse & carry on suitcase. The alpha ultramax was the only mod they "really" questioned, All of the mods got rubbed down. I got the full body scan and the pat down. The agents just couldn't quite figure out the ultramax.

One hour and 40 minutes later, I was left to re-pack everything that was torn out of my neatly packed suitcase & purse.

Then on the flight home........absolutely nothing was questioned. I'm a bit scared to fly ever again. :)

bmwjen

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2011
worldwide
vapehouston.com
I'm glad all of my mods made it home with me too.
In vegas, the TSA agents just wanted to see the mod in action & another agent kept asking me, "Does it work?, Does it really help you stop smoking?"

So, I guess if a terrorist could choose an airport to fly out of, Vegas would be the one. No wipe down, no pat down, no full body scan. Another TSA agent commented on my Hello Kitty carrying an AK-47 tattoo & asked me if i'd been to their huge range there in Vegas.

I slept for 24 hours after returning home, & there is nothing like sleeping in your own bed :)

Ande

ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2011
Korea
I've flown far too much in my life, and for getting hassled by security, Houston is one of the worst airports in the world.

That said, as long as you're polite and patient with the TSA, it's usually just a case of hassle you, ask some really dumb questions, ask the same questions again, and then let you go get your flight.

Glad you and your alpha got through alright.

Best,
Ande

dubnluvn

ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2009
San Diego, Ca
That sucks to get hassled. I've not had any issues with my Ultralight, Ultra, or mods I've had previously. I always break them down and put them in various locations about my belonging before heading through security. Usually having a fully loaded camera bag with bodies, lenses, and other gadgets and gizmos helps, I think it just makes them give up. Still can get through with a flask of Jack every so often.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread