The Widow Received a JOYE510 Shipment Today

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fox3

ECF Veteran
Mar 24, 2009
Seattle, WA
Less than 5 hours and I'm already out of 510 batteries.
Still plenty of atomizers, PCCs and passthroughs.

Whew, sorry you are out but hopefully I got mine, the ones I have are about had, I've been slotting in autos (which I hate) just to stretch.

Between the PCC and the passthrough I hope I'm set for a bit, will keep an eye out for juice though.

Thanks!

Kendra

ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2009
Nashville
Whew, sorry you are out but hopefully I got mine, the ones I have are about had, I've been slotting in autos (which I hate) just to stretch.

Between the PCC and the passthrough I hope I'm set for a bit, will keep an eye out for juice though.

Thanks!
You'll really like the case, I think. I love mine even though I don't really use it at all.

Fox3

ECF Veteran
Mar 24, 2009
Seattle, WA
You'll really like the case, I think. I love mine even though I don't really use it at all.

Pretty sure I will. Had a hard time deciding color, but settled on blue :). I suspect it won't get that much use as I am already pretty well covered when I go out but it might also make it simpler if I get stuck someplace too. Not a bad thing to have and my first mentor was very happy with his.

Especially if batteries become an issue again, I have had all three (one on the PV, 2 in the nice little 510 case) go out when I was out longer than expected with the well worn batteries.

Anything beats having to find / buy / bum an analog :). Only thing that saved me from that was my neighbors who are also vapers let me have hits :).

Fox3

ECF Veteran
Mar 24, 2009
Seattle, WA
Wow, my early Christmas present arrived today (Saturday)! Didn't expect it to be here before Monday or Tuesday.

The PCC fits the batteries I ordered with no mods necessary! There seems to be a slot molded into the battery cylinder already. The older batteries fit with a bit of tension on the lid, but seems OK.

I was going to mark this set of batteries so I knew which were the old and which the new - not necessary. The buttons on these are a bit higher than the old ones, I like that :)! Also about 2mm shorter.

All of the batteries showed charged immediately or within a few minutes of being plugged into the charger. (510 and 888). That includes the PCC :). Going to leave them all in the chargers for the recommended 6 hours anyway.

The mini-usb cable I keep on the computer for cameras, PDAs, etc. worked just fine with the PCC (it is a standard cable!).

I am, for the moment, confused with the pasthrough. I thought the box in the middle of the cable was for a switch, but not so - the wired battery part has that. It is for a battery! I'm not sure about this yet, but it may be usable without it plugged into the USB. Doesn't say what voltage but a brief trip to the voltmeter shows it to be 4.1V and it is marked 360mAh. ID on it is ICR10440, will have to look that up. The Window Lady will probably carry them, if she doesn't already.

The mini-pipe is CUTE :). Can't wait for the batteries to finish this initial cycle! It does look a lot like the one my Grandmother used :).

The one thing that the Widow Lady does that no one else I have ordered from does is include tip sheets that go beyond the chinglish instruction books and clarify important points and make for more peace of mind and a better / more comfortable experience :).

Thanks MUCH WidowLady, you are simply the best I have dealt with, hands down.

Off to read the instruction manuals and tips sheets again while PATIENTLY awaiting the battery charges :).

Last edited:

Fox3

ECF Veteran
Mar 24, 2009
Seattle, WA
Love my new mini-pipe (888)!

Only problem I had with it was that the battery cover was loose as received and would come off in my pocket.

Took a pair of needle nosed pliers and grabbed the spring in the bottom and CAREFULLY AND SLOWLY pulled it up a bit to stretch it out, trying the cover again and repeating until it put enough pressure on the battery to make the cover pretty solid.

Seen several complaints on this issue and it appears that the fix is pretty simple and effective. Bending the retainers on the cover or those in the bowl looked rater dicey to me...

Woiks good :)!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread