The word on Tesla

Status
Not open for further replies.

baronjager

ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2014
Newport News Va
Today I would like to talk about the mod and not the man, even tho the man was brilliant. Yesterday I set out to buy my first apv and had a few definite choices in mind. For my price range i figured I would get either a Vamo, sigelei zmax or maybe a Lava tube. So I get to the local b&m and start fondling hardware. They had the vamo and z max but no lava tubes. Then I see a tesla over in the corner of the case so I check it out. I loved it almost immediately. Simple 3 button operation and it feels like I could drop it off a building and it wouldn't hurt it. Now to the point of this post....why no love on the tesla? I have seen very little talk about them on the forums and just curious why.

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
I don't mean to pee all over your Tesla but I bought one and it lasted... about 90 days.

How is the fire button on yours? Mine had a soft, no-tactile feel to it when I got it. You couldn't really get any sense that you were pushing the fire button. No "click" to it when you pressed it. But it worked so I though that was the way it was designed.

The fire button problem just got worse with time. I had to retire it because in the end just barely touching the fire button was enough to turn it on. If I had known mine was actually defective I would have returned it immediately. Completely non repairable.

VapieDan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2013
Flint, Michigan, United States
Today I would like to talk about the mod and not the man, even tho the man was brilliant. Yesterday I set out to buy my first apv and had a few definite choices in mind. For my price range i figured I would get either a Vamo, Sigelei zmax or maybe a Lava tube. So I get to the local b&m and start fondling hardware. They had the vamo and z max but no lava tubes. Then I see a tesla over in the corner of the case so I check it out. I loved it almost immediately. Simple 3 button operation and it feels like I could drop it off a building and it wouldn't hurt it. Now to the point of this post....why no love on the tesla? I have seen very little talk about them on the forums and just curious why.

Well I love it. Just ordered my second. Had black now ordered chrome. It is one of the safest mods around with the full body battery venting. The menu is clear and easy to use and an OLED display. It fits the hand so well. I do not mind the button issue with the menu below the top buttons. I use two hands. No big deal. The only down side is the 18650 mode only limiting you to the massive size. Since it seems it is not popular there are some super steals. Check this out. You can also use both coupons for an additional 10% total of and free shipping.

Tesla

Last edited:

VapieDan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2013
Flint, Michigan, United States
I don't mean to pee all over your Tesla but I bought one and it lasted... about 90 days.

How is the fire button on yours? Mine had a soft, no-tactile feel to it when I got it. You couldn't really get any sense that you were pushing the fire button. No "click" to it when you pressed it. But it worked so I though that was the way it was designed.

The fire button problem just got worse with time. I had to retire it because in the end just barely touching the fire button was enough to turn it on. If I had known mine was actually defective I would have returned it immediately. Completely non repairable.

Well it lasted 90 days longer than the 2 SVds I've ordered.

analogbgone

ECF Veteran
Mar 4, 2012
Texas
I haven't had any problems with the fire button on my Tesla, but it has randomly shut off a few times when I sat it down and then went to vape a minute later, I've had to restart it. I'm hoping it lasts more than 90 days, I've had it about that long. I'm trying to figure out which brand of batteries to buy other than the ones that came with it. Also I can't find a tank that works well with it except a smoktech dct. Kanger Pro tank sux on it, I have a nice looking Artisan vaper tank for it but it doesn't fit right and is a trick to get it on or off without spilling out the juice. I could use some ideas for some toppers for it. So far so good for me. I am pleased with mine . I've dropped it a few times and it still works! The plastic cover plate popped off once when it hit the ceramic tile. I popped it back on and it hasn't moved since. I guess time will tell. I was wondering why I didn't hear much about the Tesla either.

OneGuyWalking

Verified Member
Feb 16, 2014
Long Island NY
No problem with the fire button on mine a little squishy but fully functioning. The death blow for mine was the 510 connector. It popped out of the body a couple of weeks after I picked it up. it went back in with a good press on the counter and was fine for a bit, then it started to wiggle and fall out all the time exposing the leads, this went on for a little while until I just tossed it in a cabinet and moved on.

thespawn078

Verified Member
Feb 9, 2014
Honolulu, HI
www.facebook.com
I've had my Tesla for about 4 or 5 days, and I'm thoroughly impressed with it. My fire button is nice and clicky, the OLED screen is perfectly readable, and my 510 connection is 100% solid. I'm using eFest 18650 batteries, and my battery cap has not even squeaked once! It has been a pure joy with my Kanger ProTank 3 on it, and the settings are very simple to use. I certainly recommend this Mod to anyone who's looking for an advanced variable voltage/variable wattage device and hope it gets a better reputation than it has. The only issue I've had is with my Smoktech DCT, but that's largely due to my own user error and a lack of an air flow control ring. I just ordered some supplies that will hopefully remedy the situation and allow me to fully enjoy that tank. Either way, big thumbs up for the Tesla!

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread