Themis RTA - Digiflavor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tim Wiseman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2017
Bolton, England
Hi ECF members, In this review i take a look at the Themis rta from Digiflavor. The Themis rta was supplied for the purpose of this review by Evan from Heaven Gifts.

https://www.heavengifts.com/product/Digi...s-RTA.html

In the Box

Contents:

1x Themis rta
1x 510 Drip tip
1x 510 Drip tip adapter
1x Allen key
1x Glass tube
1x Spare parts pack
1x User manual

2 Versions

There are 2 versions of the Themis, the standard duel/single coil version and the mesh/single coil version. There is also TPD editions of both versions but i have no idea if the tank has smaller dimensions or a bung is fitted to reduce capacity. The one i received is the standard duel/single coil version and this version is all i will be concentrating on in this review.

Aesthetics

The Themis is a bulky RTA, the diameter of the base is 25mm but it tapers outwards and the rest of the tank has a diameter of 27mm. Apart from 4 spaced out etched lines to the airflow ring and bottom section the tank is smooth with no texturing. The bottom section has "THEMIS" etched on front and back and moving back to the airflow control ring, it's duel cyclops with stopper. The drip tip is a delrin 810 but there is also a 510 adaptor and 510 delrin drip tip included. The tank i received is the Silver version but it's also available in Black. Despite the Themis being a big, bulky tank it only holds 5ml of liquid due to having a very large air chamber and cage for the glass tube to fit over. The cage has shapes cut out front and back to form 2 letter "T"'s. The sides of the cage have large square's with cut corners cut out. The base of the tank has a protruding, gold plated 510 and etched safety stamps and branding. The Themis is high build quality and all the threading is very good.

Specs:

Size: 25 x 50mm
Capacity: 5ml
Postless Build Deck: Dual Coil Version/ Mesh Version
Drip Tip: 810 drip tip
Thread: 510 thread
Leak-proof Top to Bottom Airflow System
Two Kinds of Interchangeable Postless Build Decks
Dual Coil Version Compatible with both Single & Dual Coils
Mesh Version Compatible with Various Mesh Wires
Quick Access Top Cap for Convenient Filling
Standard Edition & TPD Edition Optional
Colours: Silver, Black

Assembling and Disassembling

The Themis has many parts compared to some tanks, first the bottom can be unscrewed from the main tank and at this point you will see this section holds the deck in place and seals the tank. When this is removed it leaves the deck with attached 510 in the air chamber, just pinch the 510 and pull downwards to remove the deck. The drip tip can be pulled straight out and the top-cap is a bayonet fitting which requires just a quarter of a turn to pop straight off. The airflow control ring can now be removed and this leaves the air chamber, cage and glass. To remove the air chamber with attached fill ring is a matter of unscrewing but the first time this is done it is very tight but the inner cage protects the glass when undoing this. Once done the glass can be pulled straight off the cage and now we have the Themis in all it's various bits. To reassemble the tank is easy but you do have to make sure all the o-rings are in place properly. The bottom section that holds the deck in place and seals the tank has an o-ring that just sits in place so you have to make sure this is seated correctly has you rely on this to seal the tank.

The Build Deck

The Themis has a 25mm duel/single coil postless deck which is a doddle to build on. There are 2 juice wells for your wicks with 2 holes in the bottom of each well for your juice to enter (so when doing a duel build each well is shared between your 2 coils). To the sides of the deck like the Zeus there are 2 air towers which will slot into notches in the top of the air chamber to form 2 channels. There is a difference between the way the towers are on the 2 tanks, the Themis's towers are wider but shorter and have 3 angled holes to allow air to hit the coils at a downwards angle. The towers on the Zeus have a cheese grater effect and hit the coil at an angle by being offset, if you look at the Zeus's deck and towers you can see this offset system is optimised for a single coil, the Themis's towers are optimised for a duel coil set-up. Wicking is easy you just have to make sure you don't pack the wells and leave space underneath for the juice to enter, i would say about 10mm lengths of cotton each side of the coils is spot on. Prime the build with juice, screw the tank together, fill, then take some pulls without firing until you stop seeing air bubbles in the liquid, now your good to vape.

Performance

I tried the Themis with 2 single builds and 2 duel builds and will start by telling you how i found it using it as a single coil RTA. I was interested how it would compare with the Zeus as a single coil RTA and found it had above average flavour but not up there with the best purpose built single coil RTA's like the Zeus. The airflow really is optimised for coils to be closer to the towers and the result i found was what i was expecting apart from the flavour was actually better than expected. When using it with duel builds the Themis seriously rocks and if there are any tanks out there that give as good flavour i haven't tried them, the flavour is exceptional. The tank is noisy though, with the airflow more than halfway open it's not too bad but reduce it any further and you need a pair of earplugs also the control ring is very tight. I use to find a noisy airflow meant a rough airflow but just recently a couple of loud tanks have come out that are very smooth and the Themis is in this category. The Themis's size might put some people off who don't like big bulky tanks. The last thing to mention is the fact the Themis laughs at juice but there seems to be a connection between RTA's that give great flavour equals a thirsty tank.

Conclusion

Really this is a duel coil version of the Zeus, if you like single coil RTA's there are a few better options including the Zeus but if you prefer duel coil RTA's all i can tell you is the Themis gives without doubt the best flavour i have experienced but get yourself a pair of earplugs.

Pros:

Exceptional flavour
Good cloud production
Very good build quality
Leakproof design
Duel or single builds
Easy to build and wick
Bayonet top-cap
Top-fill
5ml capacity
810 and 510 drip tips
510 adaptor

Cons:

Flavour not as good with single coil
Noisy
Airflow control ring is tight
Thirsty
Some people might find it too bulky

I would once again like to thank Evan from Heaven Gifts for supplying the Themis RTA for the purpose of this review.

https://www.heavengifts.com/product/Digi...s-RTA.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread