Status
Not open for further replies.

*deleon517*

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 29, 2012
s. florida
taste is very subjective, i know there is a few B&M locations in NC, maybe a quick google search for one in your area will give some options. then you can go there, sample some flavors and find what you like. also when first quitting your tastebuds wont be right, they take some time to heal from the damage they suffered from smoking. so flavors you hate now you may love later.

Caridwen

ECF Moderator
Senior Moderator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2011
Most of the prefilled cartomizers that come with kits taste pretty bad IMO.

If you can determine the type of battery you have you can purchase empty cartomizers and purchase liquid from an e-liquid supplier.

Someone may know the type of battery you have (KR808, 510). I know it's not a help to you now, but in the future only purchase from a supplier that tells you what you're purchasing.

I did find this old thread.
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...safecig-smoke-free-batteries.html#post1855234

MrsCasey

Pink Spot Fanatic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2011
Long Beach, CA
If the batteries are 4081, you can pick up empty cartomizers for them at Good Prophets Low Resistance 4081 Cartomizers

Just to let you know, if this is the company you purchased from, they are horribly overpriced and the e-cig technology is very out of date. I checked and they charge $55 for an atomizer and $55 for a battery. You can pick up a much better performing "cigarette style" battery from Halo E-Cigs Halo Electronic Cigarette for $55 for the entire kit and some extra cartomizers for $9.99 per 5 pack. If you got the kit and 2 extra 5 packs of cartomizers on the current sale of 25% off with the code HAPPY2013 it would be less then $60. I recommend the Tribecca. I'm sure someone will be along soon to suggest an Ego Twist which is really smart option.

lilac7779

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 28, 2011
East Tennessee
Welcome, Murphinator. I have tasted a lot of flavors I didn't like...guess it comes with the territory. Also, as has been stated, your taste buds may very well be a little wonky for a while.

Drink plenty of water and don't give up. Vaping is well worth the effort. You will find something you love. Maybe try clearomizers? I think they are way better than cartos.

murphinator

Jan 2, 2013
NC
If the batteries are 4081, you can pick up empty cartomizers for them at Good Prophets Low Resistance 4081 Cartomizers

Just to let you know, if this is the company you purchased from, they are horribly overpriced and the e-cig technology is very out of date. I checked and they charge $55 for an atomizer and $55 for a battery. You can pick up a much better performing "cigarette style" battery from Halo E-Cigs Halo Electronic Cigarette for $55 for the entire kit and some extra cartomizers for $9.99 per 5 pack. If you got the kit and 2 extra 5 packs of cartomizers on the current sale of 25% off with the code HAPPY2013 it would be less then $60. I recommend the Tribecca. I'm sure someone will be along soon to suggest an Ego Twist which is really smart option.
Yes this is the system that I have, thank you for the info. My husband got it for me, and I don't know what kind of research he did before buying. I think he wanted something that I could open on Christmas morning and it is sold in the mall. I'm pretty sure that it is not returnable at this point :( So for now, I'm going to try to make the best of this settup

murphinator

Jan 2, 2013
NC
I just must ask: Why did you lick nicoderm patch? :blink:

As of taste, I'm sure you'll find more horrible juices and even more delicious flavors.
I've got 8 bottles with horrible taste. One tastes like isopropyl alcohol smells... One cherry that is plain perfume. If you have opportunity to visit vape store - DO IT.

LOL, of course i never licked the patch before, but if you've ever used one, you know the smell of it, and I feel like this cartomizer is that smell on steroids.

murphinator

Jan 2, 2013
NC
Welcome, Murphinator. I have tasted a lot of flavors I didn't like...guess it comes with the territory. Also, as has been stated, your taste buds may very well be a little wonky for a while.

Drink plenty of water and don't give up. Vaping is well worth the effort. You will find something you love. Maybe try clearomizers? I think they are way better than cartos.
What is a clearomizer?
Thanks again everyone for your help

TeecaVap

Moved On
Nov 5, 2012
United States
  • Deleted by Caridwen
  • Reason: Unregistered supplier

budynbuick

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 18, 2012
michigan
I wanted to quit smoking so bad I didn't care what they would taste like. I looked at it as an nicotine delivery system to knock back the craving. I have a couple flavors I don't like but smoke-um anyway lol. Not speaking at the op as I don't know her but speaking for myself, I loved smoking so much that if I were 55 instead of 62 I would have found a reason for e-cigs not to work. My GD got me a Victory ecig and i declare it tasted like smoking a rag might taste. Actually makes me nauseous. Maybe try a drip tip to start. Then go with some better gear. I realized, since I wasn't a beginner smoker, that the beginners kit would not work for me so after much help from this forum, I went straight for a Mod (Vamo VV/VW)& today is my tenth day without a poison stick! I tried a smoke (I wasn't craving) about 4 days ago & it was awful. murphinator did not say what flavors she had tried but surprisingly I went for the fruit flavors. Keep working at it as this does work if given a proper chance. Good luck. Murph, I'm from Tryon NC. Also, why were you licking on a nicotine patch" HeHe
Keith

Last edited:

DiNet

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 26, 2012
Israel
LOL, of course i never licked the patch before, but if you've ever used one, you know the smell of it, and I feel like this cartomizer is that smell on steroids.

Had to ask :)
Never bothered to try any of those "quitting" techniques. I knew it won't replace the act of smoking so it's fail solution.
Forgot to add that some juices taste differently when you pull them in lungs vs just in mouth. Got one juice that I just can't get in my throat, gives me weirdest TH ever, but it tastes good in mouth :)
Like cigars, from my memories.

NoMoreMarbs

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 10, 2012
Maple Grove MN
When I first got my Inferno with the tube tank my GF tried it out and I warned her not to inhale. She doesn't smoke so she asked me what was the point of vaping if u don't inhale ? I tried to explain that it was sort of like a cigar and better juices do taste really good. Good luck with your kit. I hope u get some good juice so u can see the difference.

MrsCasey

Pink Spot Fanatic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2011
Long Beach, CA
Yes this is the system that I have, thank you for the info. My husband got it for me, and I don't know what kind of research he did before buying. I think he wanted something that I could open on Christmas morning and it is sold in the mall. I'm pretty sure that it is not returnable at this point :( So for now, I'm going to try to make the best of this settup

That is very sweet of him and many of us here started with similar kits but they are very overpriced and underperforming, just know that. You should check to see if it can be returned but if it is not or if you want to use it I would pick up the blank cartomizers from Good Prophets and some e-liquid from AltCig, Maddcatt Vapors or Halo E-Cigs and fill them yourself. You can find videos on filling on YouTube they are just harder to find. Another option would be picking up a 4081 to 808 adapter PV Adapters (I think it's mislabeled 401 to 808 but is right) from Good Prophets and then buy some prefilled 808 Cartomizers from Halo E-Cigs or Smokeless Image.

PickyJuicer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 11, 2012
Buffalo, NY
How sweet of your husband! You might want to tell him you're ready for an upgrade and then I'd suggest something like a double battery starter kit:eGo 900mah Starter Kit - $40.99 : Heathers Heavenly Vapes, Top Quality Custom E-Liquids

Then order some of their juices. Every flavor I've gotten, I've really liked, if not loved! SWEAR IT! I'm currently vaping on Parrothead which is a key lime pie flavor (without the crust). It's a little tart, a little sweet and absolutely perfect. I wouldn't mind a little more lime, but it's a helluva good juice! Tastes nothing like a nicotine patch, honest!

I ordered my juice on Wednesday 12/26 and got my order on Monday 12/31... VERY PLEASED with them!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread