They're At It Again in Hawaii

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nate760

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2014
San Marcos, CA, USA
Remember kids, if you're near someone who's vaping at the beach, you're totally going to get cancer.

Council committee advances e-cig beach ban | West Hawaii Today

"Evidence is clear that (electronic smoking devices [sic]) do not just emit harmless water vapor, but a harmful aerosol," said Tami MacAller, West Hawaii community coordinator for the Coalition For a tobacco-Free Hawaii. "Secondhand aerosol contains nicotine, ultra-fine particles, and toxins known to cause cancer."

"There should be no question about supporting this bill. It's about protecting the public health."

Nate760

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2014
San Marcos, CA, USA
Hawaii appears to be 100% blue after the recent elections, for whatever that's worth.
They may have been 100% blue before the elections, but I can't be bothered to look into it.

I would not have thought this about Hawaii, as I figured they were fiercely independent.

I've never been there, but having known quite a few people from there, I always imagined it as more libertarian-oriented. I find it rather astounding that a place with so many surfers would tolerate fascist laws about beach behavior.

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
http://object.cato.org/sites/cato.org/files/pubs/pdf/the_work_versus_welfare_trade-off_2013_wp.pdf

We have therefore reexamined the issue
in light of current benefits. In particular, this
study seeks to determine the approximate level
of benefits that a typical welfare family, consisting
of a single mother with two children, might
receive, and to compare those benefits with the
wages that a recipient would need to earn in order
to take home an equivalent income.

Table 2
Comparing Pretax Wage Equivalents, 1995 vs. 2013

Rank .....Jurisdiction ....Original Inflation Adjusted ($) ........2013 ($) ............Increase (Decrease) ($)
1. .........Hawai'i ..... .........$55,001.............................. $60,590 ..................$5589

Steamix

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2013
Vapistan
Cut them Hawaiians some slack, will ya ?

Them's an island surrounded by loads n loads of deept water full of hungry fish - so them scared.
Too many vapers might fog in the isalnds, never to be found again by ships nor planes, doomed to squat on these lumps of rock for all eternity.

Kinda strange anyway - wanting to ban vaping and smoking while sitting on top of a very lively volcano.
Lets hope that volcano can read the local ordinances too...

skoony

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 31, 2013
saint paul,mn,usa
i could't resist posting a response.
"i tell you what changed their minds,money.the money they are losing from the master tobacco settlement and,the money they will receive from the goverment for attaining the highest approval rating for banning e-cigs and thus get the highest amount of grant money.they don't care about health.i bet MacAller really enjoys talking down to the low life's with no repercussions.this is what it has come down too,money and getting to treat other people like(insert bad thing here) addicts."
regards
mike

Jman8

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2013
Wisconsin
I've been to Hawaii. I really loved that vacation. WAS a great place to visit. My second most enjoyable vacation (Australia being #1).

I used to suggest people go sometime. Not anymore. I can now safely say that you would find more enjoyment and independence by visiting Wisconsin. Here, you can vape indoors and be at peace knowing you are in a red, er purple, state.

Last edited:

skoony

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 31, 2013
saint paul,mn,usa
I've been to Hawaii. I really loved that vacation. WAS a great place to visit. My second most enjoyable vacation (Australia being #1).

I used to suggest people go sometime. Not anymore. I can now safely say that you would find more enjoyment and independence by visiting Wisconsin. Here, you can vape indoors and be at peace knowing you are in a red, er purple, state.

ditto.
Minnesota in most places.some cities have enacted bans.
for the most part its up to the business owners.
big box stores and most all compinies have made policies already,mostly no.
fast food and restaurants in general mostly no.
bars mostly yes.,coffee shops mixed between big coffee mostly no and, independents mostly yes.
bar/restaurants,yes,no,and mixed.
we just got tired of waiting for big government to do it and did it ourselves.
k.government move along,nothing to see here.
regards
mike

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
I've been to Hawaii. I really loved that vacation. WAS a great place to visit.
I've gone on many vacations throughout the world, and the Big Island was BY FAR the best vacation I've ever taken.
I could go on and on about how many amazing things there are to see and do there.

Jman8

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2013
Wisconsin
I've gone on many vacations throughout the world, and the Big Island was BY FAR the best vacation I've ever taken.
I could go on and on about how many amazing things there are to see and do there.

Have you been to Sydney? I liked that trip about twice as much as Hawaii. Though I did visit a couple years before Olympics so it was being propped up in a bunch of places (all places I didn't care much to visit).

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
Have you been to Sydney? I liked that trip about twice as much as Hawaii. Though I did visit a couple years before Olympics so it was being propped up in a bunch of places (all places I didn't care much to visit).
Not yet, and Australia is not near the top of my list for places to go that I haven't been to yet.
If you feel like shooting me a PM maybe you could convince me otherwise?

I feel like I've derailed the thread too much already.
:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread