Thick vs thin Does thick liquid cause problems with vaping?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Warren E. Justice

May 12, 2015
California
I don't have much of a problem with my liquid because I use only three different flavors all made by the same company and bought at the same store. But my girlfriend is a an adventurer and goes to different shops and buys stuff that they make. They are thicker and taste good but she often has problems with her tank not wanting to vape and she thinks it is the oil. That does not make much sense to me and-- lots of things that did not a make sense now do make sense since I started vaping in all sorts of ways using all kinds of tanks and battery operated cigs. Now I use a Kangerteck 50 volt and a Kanger 150 and I don't have problems. I have had some leakage problems and made the mistake of using a pair of vise grips to stop it and I learned to ask the experts at the store where I buy all of my stuff.

Do you guys see a difference in the way your vaporizer works with different liquids. Thick vs thin?

Warren E. Justice

tedigram

ECF Veteran
Sep 14, 2015
Brooklyn
Yes, the viscosity of the juice (don't call it oil, it's not oil) will absolutely impact the performance of tanks. The two primary components of eliquid are PG and VG, VG is thicker than PG, so that ratio will make a juice thicker or thinner. Tanks that have been released in the last 6-ish months will usually have juice flow that's wide enough to handle high VG, but older tanks may not. If your girlfriend wants to use high VG juices enjoyably, you'll probably need to buy a more recent tank. The tech has moved very fast in the last 12 months since the sub-ohm craze took hold, there really is a significant difference between tanks released now and those released last winter/spring.

Warren E. Justice

May 12, 2015
California
I thank you sir for your answer. I am afraid I accidently sent the same question again even though you had answered it. I have been "vaping" since "SAFE CIG" went out of business. I bought a pen and the climb up the hill began. I told Tracy ( my girlfriend) that we should not mess around and just buy the most expensive stuff out there because I have climbed the ladder with stereo equipment, Sound equipment, music equipment, fishing stuff, guns, and girls... It is best to just buy a Martin right off the bat and make it easy.

I k now it seems like you can't affort it but I guarantee you that if you get involved with ANYTHING from beds to sewing machines to clothes, cowboy hat and dog food... The list is endless. Buy a Stetson and then you will save buying ten other hats that just don't make it. You won't like it. It will work just enough that you get a taste of what the better thing is but then it does not work breaks, leaks, tears, cracks, slips, jerks, too heavy, too light... ad-infinitum... I Thank you sir too for settling the issue with adding water. Water has to be the base of the fluid because water is in there somewhere if it is liquid... except for a few things on earth... ( I think there are two things that don't mix with water: Good Wiskey and Jet fuel.

Warren Justice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread