Thinking about buying a Provari ... need some suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Size comparison between the Mini (18350 battery) and Standard size Provari (18490 battery), both with cartotank juice attachments on top.

ibt.jpg

Size comparison of the Mini with the default 18350 battery in a man's hand.

Mini Provari 2.jpg Mini Provari v2.jpg

Size comparison of the Standard with extension cap (18650 battery) in a man's hand. Note that much of the length is from the longer juice attachment tank on top of the Provari.

blue-chrome-ext.jpg

Size comparison. The Mini with the battery extension cap and the Standard Provari. Both of these would use the 18490 battery.

Provari_vs_Mini.jpg

Last edited:

Darla499

Dec 1, 2013
Arizona
Ok, I just went through the same dilemma...

The "Kit" really wasn't that much cheaper. I put what I thought I wanted in vs the Kit and to be honest, you will not use the smaller batteries that come with the kit.

My highly recommendation goes for:

1. Provari Mini
2. The End Cap
3. The 2 18490/18500 batteries. I got 2.
4. Pila Charger

Or buy the cheaper charger if funds dictate.

I got the smaller batteries because I thought I would use them for the bar but have never used them. IMO, the smaller batteries are a waste.

The Mini has the most versatility so get it over the regular one.

Thank you! It sounds like the mini, with the extender is the most versatile.

And thanks for the heads up on the kit. I was already shopping other batteries.

baghandler

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 18, 2013
Chicago
I also noticed somewhere on the site that the tips are hollow so you can just add juice without taking the cap off?

That sounds like heaven!!!

Are you talking about the Protank? If so, you have to remove the bottom to fill it.

Edited to add: what is your current setup?

Last edited:

eda123

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 20, 2013
Austin
I'll chime in here as a new owner and say the 18350 small batteries last a lot longer than I thought they would. I got nearly six hours out of one today and I vape pretty heavily. Yesterday an 18490 lasted about 10 hrs for me, but yes it makes the provari a bit longer. I like the smaller batteries so far and will just carry a spare. I'll use the 490s when I know I'll be out for a while and don't want to tote around a spare.

Ozwald

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 12, 2013
Montana
It should also be noted that YMMV on battery life, Darla. How heavy you vape, the voltage, the resistance, the type of atty, etc. all play a part. You can get a good general idea of all these helpful suggestions but yours may last longer or shorter depending on your personal setup & your personal traits. You'll have a pretty good idea within the first couple days & won't be caught off guard by a battery going out on you.

glassgal

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2013
Central Florida
www.azenglass.com
Well, guess I have to be different... my overwhelming preference is for the 18650 size. I can wave it around like a wand, and it just feels nice in the hand. To put this in perspective however, I would love to have a 5 lb battery so I could do isometric arm exercises all day long too. I'm totally serious, I got a VTR for that, but it's far too light. This isn't ambition, it's laziness, I wouldn't have to exercise if I had something that helped me exercise my arms without thinking:).

I love my mini too, but more for the aesthetics. I'm not sure what I'm doing differently, I'm apparently a VERY heavy vaper, but the battery on the mini only lasts about 3-4 hours tops for me (I bought the small AW batteries at ProVape), the 18650 lasts much longer (most of a day). If I could only have 1, I'd buy the big one with the extension. That said, I like the looks of the 2.0 large one far better than the current 2.5 design, and the mini teardrops the best. So that's why I bought them that way:).

Ozwald

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 12, 2013
Montana
Well, guess I have to be different... my overwhelming preference is for the 18650 size. I can wave it around like a wand, and it just feels nice in the hand. To put this in perspective however, I would love to have a 5 lb battery so I could do isometric arm exercises all day long too. I'm totally serious, I got a VTR for that, but it's far too light. This isn't ambition, it's laziness, I wouldn't have to exercise if I had something that helped me exercise my arms without thinking:).

I love my mini too, but more for the aesthetics. I'm not sure what I'm doing differently, I'm apparently a VERY heavy vaper, but the battery on the mini only lasts about 3-4 hours tops for me (I bought the small AW batteries at ProVape), the 18650 lasts much longer (most of a day). If I could only have 1, I'd buy the big one with the extension. That said, I like the looks of the 2.0 large one far better than the current 2.5 design, and the mini teardrops the best. So that's why I bought them that way:).

Weirdo ;)

All you need for arm exercises is a very large beer mug. Works for me. :D It progressively gets lighter and lighter, but all of a sudden it gets heavier again. Repeat several times for best results.

Darla499

Dec 1, 2013
Arizona
Are you talking about the Protank? If so, you have to remove the bottom to fill it.

Edited to add: what is your current setup?

Thanks.

I just have a standard set up that I got from our local Vapor lounge. It's a variable voltage from GorillaVapes with an aluminum Vivi Nova tank. I like the tank because it hits good. I like a strong vape and a good throat hit.

I'd really prefer a longer lasting battery though. I basically chain vape. At least when I'm not at work. I've got a couple regular GorillaVape ones I bought as backup.

Darla499

Dec 1, 2013
Arizona
Look up protank 2 on youtube and you can get an idea on how that tank works.
The provari is great. I use the 18350 batteries most of the time in my mini . onece in a while I put the extender on and run the bigger battery. I prefer the mini in the mini configuration with the 18350 95% of the time.

Thanks. I think I'm going to go for the mini with the extender cap and larger batteries. Just cuz I'm a vaping freak. LOL

Darla499

Dec 1, 2013
Arizona
It should also be noted that YMMV on battery life, Darla. How heavy you vape, the voltage, the resistance, the type of atty, etc. all play a part. You can get a good general idea of all these helpful suggestions but yours may last longer or shorter depending on your personal setup & your personal traits. You'll have a pretty good idea within the first couple days & won't be caught off guard by a battery going out on you.

Thanks Ozwald. I guess I'm just going to have to jump in there and get my feet wet! It doesn't sound like I'll be disappointed with a Provari no matter what options I choose.

Darla499

Dec 1, 2013
Arizona

LOL! A 5 pound battery?!!

I don't think that would work for me. During the day .... (blush) I carry mine around in my bra! :p

glassgal

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2013
Central Florida
www.azenglass.com
LOL! A 5 pound battery?!!

I don't think that would work for me. During the day .... (blush) I carry mine around in my bra! :p

Oh. DEFINITELY a mini unless you are a EE+, in which case, you could possibly fit a 5 lb battery... :p

Wait a minute. How can you carry it in your bra unless you walk around without a shirt? o_O.

eda123

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 20, 2013
Austin
Thanks Ozwald. I guess I'm just going to have to jump in there and get my feet wet! It doesn't sound like I'll be disappointed with a Provari no matter what options I choose.

I think you are dead on Darla. Ive been vaping roughly 2 months, got my first provari just last week and ... i wish i got it sooner.

#2 is already in the cart waiting for me :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread