Thinking about purchasing an E Cig, what brand?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ianm89

Dec 25, 2008
Ok so from what I have read on here, i think my best choice would be to go with the peewee from puresmoker.com.

First off, I smoke marlboro lights, about 1/2 to 3/4 of a pack a day, and the look and feel of my e cig is very important so that it is close to a real cigarette, but without giving up too much vapor quantity or battery life.

Am I making the right decision?

Please Help,

Thanks

Ripley

ECF Veteran
Dec 10, 2008
Dallas Metro, TX
I'd have to agree with Bluewolf. The mini's don't get high recommendations (search for poll disprefrences), and you'll definitely be sacrificing battery life and vapor. If you absolutely MUST have one, I'd recommend getting a 2nd set if you can afford it, either 901 or penstyle.

Personally, I vape a pen, but by better half likes the 901 style primarily because of the mouthpiece and the "cig feel". Any e-cig you get is going to be heavier than a real cig, and will take some adjusting.

Just my .02

Fedor

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2008
The Evo from intellicig comes across to me as being the same as M401. Others seem to have a different opinion. If you are in the UK, i think you should buy from intellicig because their prices are very affordable. Everyone agrees that the evo/401 is a very good buy..

Electronic Cigarettes, Stop Smoking, Electric Cigarette, E Liquid, Alternative

If you are outside the UK, you can check out:
Welcome to Absolutely eCigs! Buy e-Cigarettes/ Electronic Cigarettes Online Direct from Manufacturer! - Home

Their price is good. Direct from manufacturer. Delivery is the same price regardless of order quantity but you must wait for a bit. If you are looking for a supermini, you will like the M402. You can also read my review on the 402 in the review section

robw

ECF Veteran
Nov 7, 2008
Austin Texas
I know there is a video review in the video review section. It is a new dealer so we have to wait for more people to get a better idea.

This is the biggest problem with e-cigs. Most people will buy 1 and thats it. They will either recommend or not recommend it and that will be the trend for that model or that dealer.

Often though a bad review does not stop people from buying and a new review comes out that changes peoples minds.

I cant tell you about intellicig since Ive not tried it. It might be great. I can only tell you to watch the reviews and make your own choice.

You want a fanboy like me to recommend one?
try PureSmoker.com - Your #1 Source For ECigs, Parts, & Accessories!

or LITECIG USA

or BestEcig-Newest Mini E-cigarette|E-cigarette|wholesale e-liquid

Those are the ones I tried

I also tried the screwdriver which is a larger battery version of the DSE901

danielchen

Moved On
Dec 24, 2008
China
www.jsbeline.en.alibaba.com
  • Deleted by Misty
  • Reason: unregistered supplier

jackolantern

ECF Veteran
Dec 22, 2008
Since you were asking about Intellicig, I am not sure if you are in the UK or not. If not, and you are in the USA, you can get a great deal on a starter set at thesmokelessshop.com including the DSE-901b. It does not look like a real cigarette, but it works great. I think most people seem to agree that it is an all-around great beginner ecig. You also get a USB charger, 3 batteries and 2 atomizers with it, so you can either have tons of spare parts, or even assemble a second ecig. I could not find a kit around that had that many spare parts (everyone else gives 2 batteries and 1 atomizer). They have amazingly fast shipping, too. Great people.

If you are in the UK or elsewhere, I am sure some of the other members can direct you the right direction.

jimgman

ECF Veteran
Dec 22, 2008
delaware
as a beginner myself, i would agree with everyone here.there is a large enough learning curve, and may be some frustrations even with the best of the e-cigs, so at least start with a model that is known to work really well for beginners. i would suggest the dse 901 mini from puresmoker.com to start. there is a fairly high defect rate, and steve from puresmoker tests before he ships so you dont get stuck. to avoid confusion the 901 and the mini are the same thing, i think others meant that you shouldnt start with the peewee or supermini. i love my 901 mini so far, only slightly larger than a real cig

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread