The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

thinking of getting a reo

Discussion in 'Reos Mods' started by ime5000, Oct 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. ime5000

ime5000 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 15, 2011
    maryland
    hey guys, i posted a while ago, but im still thinkking about it, had a few questions, prolly going to be another month before i get something though... anyways
    what are the different set ups for voltages, what can the mini do what can the grand do etc...
    also i remember reading not to long ago about a wood midi coming out but cant seem to find the posts about it. lastly whats the process for ordering? i see some grnds are coming out the 14th and i might splurge, thanks for the help in advance!

2. washvap

washvap Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Apr 2, 2011
    wa
    Well, there are some differences in what one or the other can do.

Grand:

3.7V = AW IMR 18650
    4.8V = 4.8V NIMH (requires specific charger)
    6V = LifePO4 CR 123

Mini

3.7V = AW IMR 14500
    6V = 14250

You can order from here:

reosmods.com

Just register and click the notify me button on the one/ones you want. When the time comes you'll get an email notifying you that it is available. You can make the order on the website and the transaction will be done via Paypal.

3. mlinky

mlinky ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 22, 2010
    Kentucky
  4. Rhapsodies Fire

Rhapsodies Fire ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Oct 18, 2010
    Bow, WA, USA
  5. ime5000

Aug 15, 2011
    maryland
    wow, an add in the classified gets you a long way!, people seem to buy so many reos, they can just hand them out! got a bunch of responses like "i have 4 so i cna sell you one" lol
    thats awesome for the feedback. my main PV is a darwin, i usually vape at between 8.4 and eleven watts with a 3 ohm carto that gives me between 5.0 and 5.7 volts
    now i just confused myself, lol, so what kind of attys should i be looking at? ill prolly be using the reo mini (thats what i got the most offers for) so looks like if i get lr attys around 1.5 ohms with 3.7v battery set up i can get around 9 watts which is what im used to
    i like the idea of tanks, but i like dripping better then cartos, tanks, etc, so bottow feeder sounds like the way to go, 3 ml or more bottle of juice and an atty no hassel, sounds good right? i think im getting all the factors in here, but if there are any suggestions, let me know!

6. ime5000

Aug 15, 2011
    maryland
    purchased a green and black reo mini as my first bottom feeder, cant wait, itll be nice not to have to drip all the time, especially in between classes.
    any suggestions as to what atty i should get? i was looking at the hh 357 long barrel, is there any other hybrid attys i should look at? and where from? also, what exactly is a hybrid, i only have heard they are good for bottom feeders but dont really know much abotu them

7. Jeann

Jeann Super Member ECF Veteran

Mar 16, 2011
    The Netherlands
    congratiolations!

umm, at first it may be handy to start with an atty u are used to to drip to get the hang of the feeding, then it will be a very short learning curve. after that anything u like i suppose :)

8. HolaAmigos

HolaAmigos Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 24, 2011
    Texas
    I enjoy using my 306 atty's on my Reo, awesome vape!!!

I don't know about the Hybrids, haven't tried them yet...members have highly recommended them.

Good Luck, Hola

9. Xaria

Xaria Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 23, 2011
    Back in the Holler-VA
    Thanks to the OP and all the replies. I too am thinking on getting a REO Grand and it was very helpful post

10. mlinky

Nov 22, 2010
    Kentucky
    A Mini is great, especially if you want a small pv that will fit in your pocket. I LOVE my Minis <3 My only suggestion is to get one of these, Nylon battery case so if you are out and about all day you have an extra battery or two and an emergency atty. :)

11. ime5000

Aug 15, 2011
    maryland
    yea i think the mini is perfect for me, i like to change flavors frequently and the smaller bottle isnt too bad, with different batteries i can switch it to six volts if 3.7 and a LR atty isnt enough, and its portable to take around.. dont get me wrong, i love my darwin, but its always good to have a backup, and the ego as a backup just wasnt cutting it for me! lol

12. mlinky

Nov 22, 2010
    Kentucky
    If you want to taste a different flavor on your Mini, just drip a few drops into the overflow well...the atty will suck it right up.

I can tell you, I find the Cisco 306's or a carto to be the most pocket friendly set up for the Mini. A carto never releases juice, and a 306 doesn't hold onto much juice, so if you vape it almost dry before you pocket it, the overflow well stays dry.

A 510 holds more juice and will release it into the overflow well if you are not actively vaping. That makes them better for home use than when you are out and about. I haven't used the 357, but I would be careful about it because it is a 510/306 hybrid, and I don't know if it will hold (and release) a lot of juice.

13. Dan Patrick

Dan Patrick Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 28, 2011
    Texas Forest Country
    I have been using the HH 357 at 1.4ohm (went down a bit) on my mini at 3.7 for a couple of months, and it's great. Long barrel might be a little unwieldy on there, but it will keep if from spitting hot juice in your mouth, you'll just get warm juice in your mouth. But that is only when you over squonke. It only takes a little squeeze, if you see juice in the well.....for the HH 357...that's too much, if it's already got plenty of juice in the filling.

I use my mini and darwin at work, it's the perfect combo. Get some carto toots and then some atty toots...then toot.

14. HolaAmigos

HolaAmigos Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 24, 2011
    Texas
    I like mine too...
    I was really surprised, I had been thinking about purchasing one...I had ordered some E-Liquids from Sweet-Vapes...and I received my case :)
    They're nice to have...especially when you're out and about. I take mine everywhere, I can place 2-3 / 3ml E-Liquids, an atty and one battery...and I am all set.

15. Technonut

Technonut Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 11, 2010
    East Coast, USA
    If you are planning on using LR attys / cartos with your Mini, just be sure to have a few AW IMR 14500 batteries on hand. The TrustFire / UltraFire 14500 batts do not provide anywhere near the amperage to to run LR attys / cartos.

You probably have read this yourself already, but I didn't see it mentioned.

16. ime5000

Aug 15, 2011
    maryland
    i know the batteries im geting are aw, 14500... do they make other ones? or are they all the iw?

im new to batteries and all thi stuff, i went from blu to ego to darwin, lol

17. wood

wood Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 12, 2010
    edmonton
    the red ones are imr the black r protected

18. washvap

washvap Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Apr 2, 2011
    wa
    Well, there's the AW IC batts which are protected and cost a bit more. The recommended ones to use for your REO would be the REO IMR batts.

Always get my AW's from RTD:

RTDVAPOR.com

19. Technonut

Technonut Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 11, 2010
    East Coast, USA

Here are the recommended batteries for the Mini:

AW IMR 14500

They do make a BIG difference using LR attys with the Mini... :)

20. Mudflap

Mudflap Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 19, 2010
    Tyler, Texas
    The best batteries for the Mini are the AW IMR 14500. They're red. Get 4 or 6 and swap 'em out when your vape gets too cool/weak. Battery cases for these are super cheap and super handy.

For everything you ever wanted to know about batteries in mods, go here. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.