Status
Not open for further replies.

ime5000

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2011
maryland
hey guys, i posted a while ago, but im still thinkking about it, had a few questions, prolly going to be another month before i get something though... anyways
what are the different set ups for voltages, what can the mini do what can the grand do etc...
also i remember reading not to long ago about a wood midi coming out but cant seem to find the posts about it. lastly whats the process for ordering? i see some grnds are coming out the 14th and i might splurge, thanks for the help in advance!

washvap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2011
wa
Well, there are some differences in what one or the other can do.

Grand:

3.7V = AW IMR 18650
4.8V = 4.8V NIMH (requires specific charger)
6V = LifePO4 CR 123

Mini

3.7V = AW IMR 14500
6V = 14250

You can order from here:

reosmods.com

Just register and click the notify me button on the one/ones you want. When the time comes you'll get an email notifying you that it is available. You can make the order on the website and the transaction will be done via Paypal.

ime5000

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2011
maryland
wow, an add in the classified gets you a long way!, people seem to buy so many reos, they can just hand them out! got a bunch of responses like "i have 4 so i cna sell you one" lol
thats awesome for the feedback. my main PV is a darwin, i usually vape at between 8.4 and eleven watts with a 3 ohm carto that gives me between 5.0 and 5.7 volts
now i just confused myself, lol, so what kind of attys should i be looking at? ill prolly be using the reo mini (thats what i got the most offers for) so looks like if i get lr attys around 1.5 ohms with 3.7v battery set up i can get around 9 watts which is what im used to
i like the idea of tanks, but i like dripping better then cartos, tanks, etc, so bottow feeder sounds like the way to go, 3 ml or more bottle of juice and an atty no hassel, sounds good right? i think im getting all the factors in here, but if there are any suggestions, let me know!

ime5000

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2011
maryland
purchased a green and black reo mini as my first bottom feeder, cant wait, itll be nice not to have to drip all the time, especially in between classes.
any suggestions as to what atty i should get? i was looking at the hh 357 long barrel, is there any other hybrid attys i should look at? and where from? also, what exactly is a hybrid, i only have heard they are good for bottom feeders but dont really know much abotu them

ime5000

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2011
maryland
yea i think the mini is perfect for me, i like to change flavors frequently and the smaller bottle isnt too bad, with different batteries i can switch it to six volts if 3.7 and a LR atty isnt enough, and its portable to take around.. dont get me wrong, i love my darwin, but its always good to have a backup, and the ego as a backup just wasnt cutting it for me! lol

mlinky

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 22, 2010
Kentucky
yea i think the mini is perfect for me, i like to change flavors frequently and the smaller bottle isnt too bad, with different batteries i can switch it to six volts if 3.7 and a LR atty isnt enough, and its portable to take around.. dont get me wrong, i love my darwin, but its always good to have a backup, and the ego as a backup just wasnt cutting it for me! lol

If you want to taste a different flavor on your Mini, just drip a few drops into the overflow well...the atty will suck it right up.

I can tell you, I find the Cisco 306's or a carto to be the most pocket friendly set up for the Mini. A carto never releases juice, and a 306 doesn't hold onto much juice, so if you vape it almost dry before you pocket it, the overflow well stays dry.

A 510 holds more juice and will release it into the overflow well if you are not actively vaping. That makes them better for home use than when you are out and about. I haven't used the 357, but I would be careful about it because it is a 510/306 hybrid, and I don't know if it will hold (and release) a lot of juice.

Last edited:

Dan Patrick

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2011
Texas Forest Country
purchased a green and black reo mini as my first bottom feeder, cant wait, itll be nice not to have to drip all the time, especially in between classes.
any suggestions as to what atty i should get? i was looking at the hh 357 long barrel, is there any other hybrid attys i should look at? and where from? also, what exactly is a hybrid, i only have heard they are good for bottom feeders but dont really know much abotu them

I have been using the HH 357 at 1.4ohm (went down a bit) on my mini at 3.7 for a couple of months, and it's great. Long barrel might be a little unwieldy on there, but it will keep if from spitting hot juice in your mouth, you'll just get warm juice in your mouth. But that is only when you over squonke. It only takes a little squeeze, if you see juice in the well.....for the HH 357...that's too much, if it's already got plenty of juice in the filling.

I use my mini and darwin at work, it's the perfect combo. Get some carto toots and then some atty toots...then toot.

Last edited:

HolaAmigos

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2011
Texas
A Mini is great, especially if you want a small pv that will fit in your pocket. I LOVE my Minis <3 My only suggestion is to get one of these, Nylon battery case so if you are out and about all day you have an extra battery or two and an emergency atty. :)

I like mine too...
I was really surprised, I had been thinking about purchasing one...I had ordered some E-Liquids from Sweet-Vapes...and I received my case :)
They're nice to have...especially when you're out and about. I take mine everywhere, I can place 2-3 / 3ml E-Liquids, an atty and one battery...and I am all set.

Technonut

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 11, 2010
East Coast, USA
If you are planning on using LR attys / cartos with your Mini, just be sure to have a few AW IMR 14500 batteries on hand. The TrustFire / UltraFire 14500 batts do not provide anywhere near the amperage to to run LR attys / cartos.

You probably have read this yourself already, but I didn't see it mentioned.

Technonut

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 11, 2010
East Coast, USA
i know the batteries im geting are aw, 14500... do they make other ones? or are they all the iw?

im new to batteries and all thi stuff, i went from blu to ego to darwin, lol

Here are the recommended batteries for the Mini:

AW IMR 14500

They do make a BIG difference using LR attys with the Mini... :)

Mudflap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2010
Tyler, Texas
i know the batteries im geting are aw, 14500... do they make other ones? or are they all the iw?

im new to batteries and all thi stuff, i went from blu to ego to darwin, lol

The best batteries for the Mini are the AW IMR 14500. They're red. Get 4 or 6 and swap 'em out when your vape gets too cool/weak. Battery cases for these are super cheap and super handy.

For everything you ever wanted to know about batteries in mods, go here. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread