Status
Not open for further replies.

MacTechVpr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2013
Hollywood (Beach), FL
So, I just built a single 8 wrap, 3.09mm ID using 26GA coming in right around .61Ohms. My dual coil, 11 wrap 3.09mm ID using 28GA come in right about the same resistance, right around .61Ohms.

I'm thinking this heat flux thing is about spot on, because the single 8 wrap 26GA shows a heat flux of 53.93 on SE, and the dual coil comes in at 42.66. I'm seeing a slightly warmer vape with the single 8 wrap with bigger wire, but right about the same flavor profile ... using similar tanks, OBS Engine for the duals, and Zeus for the single. Output seems to be about the same for both.

Again, temperature controlled at either 460 or 480 degrees.

Some recipes tend not to vary much with temp change. Some do dramatically. I tend to favor a balance of density and diffusion but still somewhat cooler output than most. Folks who try my builds most often find that flavor is intense and spot on as you say.

So consider carefully the impact on vapor density as it does affect flavor. It truly is more vapor(ization) more flavor. If what you seek is more volume, diffusion and higher temp as it favors your juice a slight reduction in wetted contact surface (higher heat flux) may be more to your liking.

In other words, be careful not to provide more heat than is required to achieve a faithful expression of the recipe's taste and the vapor volume that suits your vaping style. Anything more than that is waste. That is, unless the object is clouds, tricks and fun. That's another animal.

Good luck. :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread