Third Kit Is a Charm! Nicotek Metro to 510 to Halo G6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shannon65

ECF Veteran
Jul 14, 2011
Tampa, FL
My introduction to e-cigs began in a local gas station/convenience store that had a new display of Nicotek Metro e-cig kits. I bought a 19.99 kit and an extra set of 3 cartomizer refills. It worked for me and I didn't want analogs when I could use the e-cig. The problem for me with this kit was the cost of refills and the fact that the store always ran out and I couldn't rely on having access to the cartomizers. I also only had one battery at the time. This kit was $19.99 and 3 cartomizers were about $10.

When my son saw how well I had taken to e-cigarettes he went and bought me a 510 kit from Phoenix Vapor with a smart PCC...a 3 piece set that you refill the juice with. This kit served me well too, but I have found it to be a lot of work, messy and I discovered that I really hate the 3 piece style...I have no love for the atomizers...no love at all! What I did LOVE about the 510, however, was the ability to use e-juice...add variety and save money. If only the cartridge filler and atomizers were not such a pain in the patootie it would be perfect, lol. This kit cost me about $90 and it was sold locally in a store, which made replacement parts more convenient.

So then I joined this site and started doing research...lots and lots of research. I watched review upon review upon review and read comments and comparisons. I knew that I did not want a big battery being that I am showing signs of Carpal Tunnel Syndrome. I needed something compact and light that I could comfortably hold. I wanted something low maintenance that was easy to use, didn't leak all over, was made well, produced decent vapor, tasted good, was only two pieces (no atomizer), was affordable and looked nice.

So, after much research I ordered the Halo G6, a KR 808D-1 compatible kit. I got this kit in the mail today and I have to say it...this is one SEXY e-cigarette and kit! I freaking LOVE this thing. It came in a cool round cigarette tin which is perfect for storing your e-cig goodies! It comes with two batteries (lets you choose color and whether manual or automatic) and you get two blank cartomizers and 5 prefilled cartomizers. What I really LOVE about the prefilled cartomizers is that they come in this cool little plastic case that holds all 5 neatly. One of the things that annoyed me about my 510 was that the cartridges came in plastic bag stuck in a little box...not sturdy at all. This plastic box is sturdy and I will use it forever, lol! Wheeeeee!!! (The little things make me so happy, lol) The batteries are nice and sturdy...very high quality. Another thing about this kit that is important to mention is the instruction manual. This kit has great instructions...it even tells you how to refill the cartomizers and how much liquid to use to fill them. These are the best instructions I have seen of all three newbie kits I have gotten. The kit is $54.99 and customer service is excellent. I wanted Malibu Menthol cartomizers which isn't one of the choices for the kit but I emailed the owner and he happily substituted what I wanted and sent my kit out right away. It was mailed on the 20th and I got it today on the 23rd.

The Halo G6 is similar to the Volt and Maxx Fusion, which are very popular and they should be compatible. I am not sure if the G6 is a little different in build or not, but the packaging is very different and unique. I'm not sure of the instructions in either of those models, either, but I'm pretty sure the parts are interchangeable.

So, after trying three different kits...this new Halo G6 is exactly what I was looking for! It's sturdy, convenient, easy to use, looks really sharp, works great, is affordable, has great instructions to help any newbie use the kit correctly and succeed, gets to you fast, has great customer service and I just love it.

I hope my newbie journey will help others who are looking for the same features that I was looking for.

Shannon65

ECF Veteran
Jul 14, 2011
Tampa, FL
I am so happy you like your new kit Shannon! Great news! And I'm really glad to hear the Malibu juice is working for you.

Thanks! I do really love it! I just put a review up in the standard e-cig review section. I love the Malibu juice...it smells so good when you open up the cartomizers too, lol. It's got a coconut/pineapple flavor with a hint of menthol. It smells sort of like suntan lotion, lol...you know...the kind that just reminds you of a tropical beach? hehe...love, love, love it!

Shannon65

ECF Veteran
Jul 14, 2011
Tampa, FL
Looks like a real nice kr8 kit you go there and a lot of members have had great success with that style kit. Many people rave about Halo's juices as well.

Congrats on finding your vaping nirvana!

Thanks! My expectations were very high on the kit and juice because of all the reviews I watched and read. My expectations were not only met, but actually exceeded. This is a darn good kit! :)

triquetra

Feb 22, 2012
Nevada
Is there a trick to the second recharge on your halo G6 batteries? I can't get mine to recharge! They just blink 10 times when I take A puff! Initially after the first charge they were perfect. I thought somehow they dEfective and they replaced them but same thing so has to be me. Also what color does your light turn when its done (under the G6 logo on usb of charger?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread