• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

This has probably been asked many times

Status
Not open for further replies.

ladyice

Oct 20, 2011
Ontario
Hi All,
I'm sure these questions have been asked many times over.
I tried e-cigarettes back in 2012 and didn't continue on, due to maybe the wrong set-up. I was using a 510 cigarette style drip tip set-up and found that the e-liquids had next to no flavour.

I have started back up with a different set-up istick 20W battery with Nautilus mini. I tried several different e-liquids from our local vape shop and found 2 that I really like (UTurn Melon Ice 65vg, 35pg, 6mg and 416 Dragon juice 70vg, 30pg, 12 mg). I have the battery set at 8.8w in the morning then up to 12.5w later in the day, I get the right amount of vapor and the taste is good.

Like most of us....I had to go out and get a second set-up and lots more e-liquids. I ordered a subscription (10 bottles) from FreshAir Box and 9 different brands and flavours from Canvape, all in 12mg.
Brands
Vapen Juice, DVine, Paradise Vapes, Flavour Crafters, Evolve, Premium Labs, ULTRAmix, Vapor North, Canada ejuice,
What we, my husband, daughter and self have found is there is very little to no flavour at all in any of them (very disappointing).

I was wondering from other peoples experiences what companies and/or brands of e-liquid have the most or strongest flavour. I'm looking for a brand with lots of flavour to help me get off cigarettes totally (I'm down from 3/4 pack to 4-5 cigarettes per day).

I have read on the forums that its the PG which gives the flavour and the VG the vapor.
Should I stick with the 65-70vg, 30-35pg or should I up the PG and lower the VG?

Some say that the strength of the nicotine mutes the flavour....the dragon juice I had gotten was 6mg (which is clear in colour) and 12mg (which is golden in colour) expiry on the 6mg is a month after the 12mg not sure if any of that makes a difference. I found that the 12mg has more flavour then the 6mg. My husband and daughter both say they taste the same.

Will getting e-liquids in a lower nicotine level be better for flavour or is there not much difference between a 6mg and 12 mg?

Has anyone tried e-liquid from Custom eJuice in Canada?
Are their e-liquids strong in flavour?

Is there a banana flavour out there that has a strong banana taste?
Tried Vapen Juice and has very little flavour, just a small hint of banana.

Thanks

VictorC

ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2015
Toronto, Ontario
I don't taste any flavour difference between 6 and 12 mg versions of the same juice. But flavour is mainly a matter of personal taste. The best approach would be to visit the store and try different juices. Just as a side note, the flavour can be significantly boosted by using rebuildable tanks/heads. For example, same juice tastes muted in my Nautilus mini in comparison to Taifun GT2. If you don't want to deal with rebuilding, try different tank that is more suited for flavour, something like Aspire Triton 2.

Maiar

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 29, 2014
Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada
Whatever you're getting good results from is what you should use. But companies are getting pretty good at having lots of flavor in higher VG content juices these days. For instance I didn't see Damn Good E-Juice on your list, they make really thick juice and it's loaded with flavor. BC Blast is my favorite of theirs, and it works phenomenally in a nautilus and is one of my ADV's. Even though sometimes it's flavor overload with it. And I've not noticed any flavor difference at any dose of BC Blast, and I've gone from 18 to 6.
If you do order from there they will mix the juice to your custom pg/vg ratio if that's what you want. The two regular options are Boosted and Blend. Boosted is the one you want, it's thick and has a flavor shot in it. Blend is too thick for a nautilus, it's more for drippers.

My other go to site is www.dashvapes.com , they operate out of Toronto but carry dozens of brands including lots from the states which is nice because it all ships from inside Canada so you don't have to worry about customs holding it for months like you do if you ordered directly from the states.

E-Cigarette Canada - Victoria Nanaimo Courtenay BC Vapour Shop and electronic cigarettes also has a good selection. It's worth noting that they carry One Hit Wonder juice. Muffin man is my other all day vape and they're one of the few places you can get it online in Canada. However, that stuff only comes in 180ml bottles, but it's cheap for the amount. I just wouldn't risk buying without trying it first. But lots of shops carry them so hopefully you run into it sometime. Dash used to carry it to, but stopped.

Anyways. There's tons of juice on these sites, I hope you find something you like.

Cheers!

Reactions: TrueNorthist

ladyice

Oct 20, 2011
Ontario
Thank you All for your replies, I value all your input.
The steeping shouldn't be a problem, as I have so may to go through that they will be sitting for a bit.
I did try a Triton 2 that one of the local shop workers uses as his own personal tank and found that it was just too strong for me at this point, maybe in the future I will go to something like that set-up.
I will definitely give "Damn good e-juice" a try and check out the other places that you suggested.

TrueNorthist

I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 4, 2012
Cariboo Country, BC
Something you might consider is that smoking quite literally murders yer taste-buddies, so any flavour will be heavily muted. It took several months of zero cigs for my receptors to get over their hangover and in some cases, years. I used/abused TV Cough Drop for for quite a while and only dropped it when citrus started to make itself known and eventually the rest began to arrive in waves. I started brewing my own mostly because so many brands simply weren't strong enough for me.

However, and I'm extremely sorry to say it, but... Unless and until you quit completely the clock won't even start. Best I can suggest is to load up on some flavourings and spike the proprietary stuff when needed. Plus the devices that are available now are massively better than almost everything that came before. It might be a lot easier this time thanks mostly to those advances in tech?

edit: I forgot to say cheers for those links Maiar. Never tried DGE-J brews and will give em a whirl.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread